April 17, 2014 | 1893 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by herehereandhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to start off by saying I never take the time to review products but I had to say something about this. I have oily, acne prone problem skin with rosacea and it's extremely sensitive to any products I put on my face. I have tried every drugstore foundation out there and a lot of department store ones too. Nothing works, it all looks too cakey, makes my face look oilier and overall just never does what I want it to even with a primer. This is the best product ever. Although I took one lippie off because of the price and how little of the concealer you actually get, I really love this product. The concealer is amazing hides well and the formula of the product itself is great. I don't usually go for "illuminating" things because that translates to shiny/oil slick skin for me, but it works like a charm. The color blends so easily and my skin looks so natural. It even covers my stress blemishes from finals & slight acne scarring well. If I want extra coverage I layer bare minerals on top and it doesn't get cakey. I look like I have airbrushed skin, which is amazing because I do NOT have pretty skin. It photographs well too and lasts throughout my classes and 10 hour serving shift.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by restes11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw this product on a YouTube video and was super excited to see that Target carried the line. I purchased this in a shade darker than my normal skin because it's a bit more sheer and it gives me a nice warm glow (I have to be sure to BLEND really well so it doesn't look like I have a mask on.) The concealer on the end is a great dry concealer. It isn't sticky or greasy. It has really good coverage. This formula has a shimmer to it, so if you are looking for a matte finish this isn't for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this TM. It has a nice glow and enough coverage to even out my skin tone. The concealer is a bonus and has great staying power. The fact that it doesn't break me out is a miracle in itself. I feel like the lighter shade had too much shimmer in it though...

edit: has to toss this one out. way too shimmery even in the darker shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I cannot justify paying $30 for a target product despite the fact that it's a "designer brand" so I bought one off Ebay.

It comes in 3 shades which I find personally annoying when make up brands do this. Have they not seen the shades that high end AND drugstore brands offer?

I will not buy this EVER again. I absolutely dislike it, I bought it in the middle shade-I know it's supposed to be a tinted moisturizer but it doesn't offer any coverage at all or at the very least even out my skin tone! It gives a terrible color, almost unnatural look.

However the concealer was great! It had a dry texture(perfect for oily proned skin) but I used it as a brightening under eye which was lovely, but I still won't repurchase it as I can find plenty of actual high end concealers at the same price if not less.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tartina

The best tinted moisturizer out there for sensitive/acne prone skin. Has spf and doesn't get greasy or oxidize into some awful color. Concealer in cap works well covering up redness and acne scars-I use a different concealer for undereye area as this shows creasing. Overall great product-just wish it were a little cheaper since it's kind of small. $30 at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by ttammero

Let me start off by saying that this is my first review ever. I am never write reviews although I do enjoy reading everyone elses. So why I have actually decided to take the time to reveiw a product because Pixi TM is just that amazing! I started using it about a year and half ago. I was having major skin issues with clogged pores and breakout. I felt that my prior foundation was too heavy so I needed to change. I am so happy I did. This product has been great for my skin. No more clogged pores or acne! The coverage is light, but that what I want something just to even out my skin tone and thats exactly what it does. Covers in a very natural way with out clogging your pores. what more could you ask for. I highly recommend! Yes, the price is a little much but for the how well it works and does not bother my skin it is worth every penny. I will buy again, as I have been for the last year half. Give it a try and I hope it makes helps you the way that it did for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this based on the rave reviews here and also because I've liked all of the other Pixi products that I've tried. I'm very happy that I did.
My favorite TM (Sonia Kashuk) was reformulated and now includes possible pore-clogging ingredients, so I wanted to find a suitable replacement. Not an easy task! I found most TMs to not provide ANY coverage or contain ingredients that would likely result in a skin revolt. I wasn't willing to spend $42 on Laura Mercier, no matter how good it is. At $30, the Pixi TM is really pushing the limits of what I'll spend; however, after using this, I guess I am willing to shell out my hard-earned cash for such a great product. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the price and because of the possible pore-clogging ingredients in the concealer. There are some in the TM, too, but they're farther down on the list, whereas the concealer lists octyl palmitate as the first ingredient.
I love the packaging. At first I thought the concealer would be useless, and when I first tried it I found it to be a bit stiff. After using it, though, I found that I really like it. It becomes more easy to work with after getting through what seems to be a bit of a thin dried out layer. The combination of the two makes application very quick and easy and helps reduce the time it takes for me to apply a "natural" look for the day.
As for the moisturizer, it's divine. It offers light coverage (not as much as SK's), but enough to even out my skin tone and reduce redness. I touch up my old acne scars with the concealer and I truly look like I have great skin. As touted, it provides a beautiful, subtle glow, not sparkles, which is gorgeous. I applied this on my hand with the tester at the store and almost didn't purchase it because it seemed a bit too sparkly. That is not the case at all when applied to my face. It just looks, dare I say, radiant.
The lightest shade is perfect for my PPP skin and it has great coverage. Like other reviewers, I'm often the last or second to last color in foundations. I was worried this would be too dark, but it isn't at all. I think the colors are very forgiving.
A few possible pore-clogging ingredients appear lower on the list, but hopefully these won't pose too much of a risk for acne-prones, which is another reason I decided to try this. In fact, I like that there are antioxidants in the formula. I still use a moisturizing sunscreen under this because I'm very fair and want more than SPF 20 and also want to give my combo skin additional moisture, but it probably would work very well as just a tinted moisturizer/sunblock for those who don't spend too much time in the sun and want to eliminate another product/step. I can't vouch for the PPD or stability, either.
I'm thrilled that I can purchase this at my local Target instead of having to order online, too. And as corny as it sounds, I'm happy to buy something from the line of a self-proclaimed "mum" and woman. Yes, the marketing ploy worked on me and I feel good supporting a fellow mom/woman instead of a huge conglomerate.
All in all, this has replaced my former TM as my favorite and the search is over while keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't reformulated or discontinued.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by jaka13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this product! I have fair skin, usually using the lightest color of any foundation and with yellow undertones. It was not too much color, but gave just nice even-ness to skin to wear under a little powder.
The sparkles freaked me out at first, but then I realized they weren't noticeable in everyday wear. (i.e I don't catch sight of myself in the flourescent light of a bathroom going, 'oy, I've got sparkles on my face!')
I layer this over a suncreen for daily wear - concealer is great as well.
I use the pixi vitamin concealer in the stick as it is a little bit lighter, but the concealer that comes with this is great for use on areas you need a little more coverage.
I'll definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really like this so far. It seems to stay on all day and gives me a little color. Compared to 2 other TMs I have tried - JI Dream Tint (Like) & Laura Mercier Oil-Free (Don't Like) - this might be a winner. There are a few things I don't like which is why I kept back a lippie: I use the Light Glow (the lightest shade) and it is a tad bit dark (I am Fairly Light in BE and Bisque in JI Liquid Minerals). Second, I find this makes me look shiny, like my face is a little oily. I use a powder on top to counteract that effect. I read Pixi is coming out with a matte primer next year, I wonder if that will help? Hoping this doesn't make me break out because I am really loving the water-resistance aspect of it too. Currently, the skin around my eyes is very sensitive and I am also liking using the silky-feeling concealer it comes with because it doesn't irritate my skin any further.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by Ereinsberg

I love this. I feel that it is expensive..especially for target and a tinted moisturizer but dare I say that it is worth the price tag. It gives me the perfect amount of coverage with the tinted concealer of redness and uneven place on my face...then if i have a blemish or need extra coverage in a spot...like around my nose and under my eyes...i just swip the concealer on the end and blend it out. I use my fingers for all this...so quick and easy! I dont feel like I have much make up on yet everything I dont want people to see is covered...couldnt ask for anything else. I use it for everyday coverage...i use something a little more for special occasions...b/c lets face it...thats when you can go all out...but everyday this makes me look like i naturally have great skin