September 18, 2014 | 1319 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Pixi - illuminating tint & conceal

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2010 5:11:00 AM More reviews by joob123

i must say i absolutely love this product, i have a very strange combination of skin, because of acne, the prescribed medication makes parts of my skin really dry and others stay oily, this smooths out my complexion and leaves me glowing.
the actual moisturiser has little coverage, but leaves a nice smooth even, glowing complexion, and when used with the concealer it gives medium coverage. the actual concealer has very good staying power and although it can be a little dry for me, the actual colour looks perfect, so means less blending. my whole morning make-up routine is down to 5 minutes!
wish it came in a bigger tube, as i'm from the UK and it isn't in many of the boots stores yet, so i had to order online, for the price i think its good value for money as long as i don't break out. honestly disagree with those who say it leaves your skin glaring, i thought it was nice and subtle, but occasionally i set this with powder to avoid the dreaded shiny nose. will definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2010 1:26:00 AM More reviews by aryana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic tinted moisturizer! Before this I tried Sonia Kashuk's TM, after reading rave reviews about it and hearing that it had coverage closer to a foundation. However I found it to be more sheer than the reviews led me to believe, and I was also turned off by the fact that it contains emu oil.

I bought Pixi's tint & conceal after seeing a video on Pixiwoo's makeup youtube channel that used it. I couldn't believe I was paying $30 for a small 1oz product, especially since it's from Target, and I regretted the purchase all the way home.

Well, I definitely did not end up regretting after trying it! This really has a lot of coverage for a tinted moisturizer. I need coverage for hyperpigmentation from acne, and the concealer at the end is just perfect for that as well. It's really a genius product. When I'm in a big rush in the morning I just use this and brush some mineral powder over and I'm good to go. The concealer does a good job and is great for covering spots in a hurry... although I do worry about it being un-hygenic as it's just a stick concealer. However I have not broken out from using this product at all, and I have very acne-prone skin.

Also I've had the product for probably over 6 months now and there is still quite a bit left (although I don't use it regularly, usually just on days when I don't have time for my foundation routine). I think I'm gonna start using this more because it has SPF20 and this new moisturizer I got has no SPF, so I can just use the Pixi over it :)

So YES, if you're at Target, give this a try! It has much better coverage than the Sonia Kashuk TM, higher SPF (20 vs. 15) and I think it is better for sensitive skin (as the Pixi TM is oil-free, fragrance-free, talc-free, and hypoallergenic. And I think vegan, while the SK one contains Emu oil... ick).

Pricey but definitely worth it... and this is coming from someone who barely made it to the cash register because of the high price!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by Russel

This is a fantastic TM. I have sensitive, acne-prone skin that tends to turn liquid foundations or TMs orange. I've been using this for approximately 3 months now and haven't had any adverse reactions. No clogged pores, not cysts, no orange-by-noon face. I consider this something of a miracle product.

Edited to add: I repurchased this and found it to be too orange. I bought the same color I had been using. When I compared it to my old tube, I could see this difference in the shade. I'm not sure if it was temporary problem or not, but I thought it was a little too pricey to play color roulette.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by herehereandhere

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to start off by saying I never take the time to review products but I had to say something about this. I have oily, acne prone problem skin with rosacea and it's extremely sensitive to any products I put on my face. I have tried every drugstore foundation out there and a lot of department store ones too. Nothing works, it all looks too cakey, makes my face look oilier and overall just never does what I want it to even with a primer. This is the best product ever. Although I took one lippie off because of the price and how little of the concealer you actually get, I really love this product. The concealer is amazing hides well and the formula of the product itself is great. I don't usually go for "illuminating" things because that translates to shiny/oil slick skin for me, but it works like a charm. The color blends so easily and my skin looks so natural. It even covers my stress blemishes from finals & slight acne scarring well. If I want extra coverage I layer bare minerals on top and it doesn't get cakey. I look like I have airbrushed skin, which is amazing because I do NOT have pretty skin. It photographs well too and lasts throughout my classes and 10 hour serving shift.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by restes11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw this product on a YouTube video and was super excited to see that Target carried the line. I purchased this in a shade darker than my normal skin because it's a bit more sheer and it gives me a nice warm glow (I have to be sure to BLEND really well so it doesn't look like I have a mask on.) The concealer on the end is a great dry concealer. It isn't sticky or greasy. It has really good coverage. This formula has a shimmer to it, so if you are looking for a matte finish this isn't for you.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 1:31:00 AM More reviews by kcj1314

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this TM. It has a nice glow and enough coverage to even out my skin tone. The concealer is a bonus and has great staying power. The fact that it doesn't break me out is a miracle in itself. I feel like the lighter shade had too much shimmer in it though...

edit: has to toss this one out. way too shimmery even in the darker shade.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by ViMaquillage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I cannot justify paying $30 for a target product despite the fact that it's a "designer brand" so I bought one off Ebay.

It comes in 3 shades which I find personally annoying when make up brands do this. Have they not seen the shades that high end AND drugstore brands offer?

I will not buy this EVER again. I absolutely dislike it, I bought it in the middle shade-I know it's supposed to be a tinted moisturizer but it doesn't offer any coverage at all or at the very least even out my skin tone! It gives a terrible color, almost unnatural look.

However the concealer was great! It had a dry texture(perfect for oily proned skin) but I used it as a brightening under eye which was lovely, but I still won't repurchase it as I can find plenty of actual high end concealers at the same price if not less.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by tartina

The best tinted moisturizer out there for sensitive/acne prone skin. Has spf and doesn't get greasy or oxidize into some awful color. Concealer in cap works well covering up redness and acne scars-I use a different concealer for undereye area as this shows creasing. Overall great product-just wish it were a little cheaper since it's kind of small. $30 at Target.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2010 7:52:00 AM More reviews by ttammero

Let me start off by saying that this is my first review ever. I am never write reviews although I do enjoy reading everyone elses. So why I have actually decided to take the time to reveiw a product because Pixi TM is just that amazing! I started using it about a year and half ago. I was having major skin issues with clogged pores and breakout. I felt that my prior foundation was too heavy so I needed to change. I am so happy I did. This product has been great for my skin. No more clogged pores or acne! The coverage is light, but that what I want something just to even out my skin tone and thats exactly what it does. Covers in a very natural way with out clogging your pores. what more could you ask for. I highly recommend! Yes, the price is a little much but for the how well it works and does not bother my skin it is worth every penny. I will buy again, as I have been for the last year half. Give it a try and I hope it makes helps you the way that it did for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this based on the rave reviews here and also because I've liked all of the other Pixi products that I've tried. I'm very happy that I did.
My favorite TM (Sonia Kashuk) was reformulated and now includes possible pore-clogging ingredients, so I wanted to find a suitable replacement. Not an easy task! I found most TMs to not provide ANY coverage or contain ingredients that would likely result in a skin revolt. I wasn't willing to spend $42 on Laura Mercier, no matter how good it is. At $30, the Pixi TM is really pushing the limits of what I'll spend; however, after using this, I guess I am willing to shell out my hard-earned cash for such a great product. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the price and because of the possible pore-clogging ingredients in the concealer. There are some in the TM, too, but they're farther down on the list, whereas the concealer lists octyl palmitate as the first ingredient.
I love the packaging. At first I thought the concealer would be useless, and when I first tried it I found it to be a bit stiff. After using it, though, I found that I really like it. It becomes more easy to work with after getting through what seems to be a bit of a thin dried out layer. The combination of the two makes application very quick and easy and helps reduce the time it takes for me to apply a "natural" look for the day.
As for the moisturizer, it's divine. It offers light coverage (not as much as SK's), but enough to even out my skin tone and reduce redness. I touch up my old acne scars with the concealer and I truly look like I have great skin. As touted, it provides a beautiful, subtle glow, not sparkles, which is gorgeous. I applied this on my hand with the tester at the store and almost didn't purchase it because it seemed a bit too sparkly. That is not the case at all when applied to my face. It just looks, dare I say, radiant.
The lightest shade is perfect for my PPP skin and it has great coverage. Like other reviewers, I'm often the last or second to last color in foundations. I was worried this would be too dark, but it isn't at all. I think the colors are very forgiving.
A few possible pore-clogging ingredients appear lower on the list, but hopefully these won't pose too much of a risk for acne-prones, which is another reason I decided to try this. In fact, I like that there are antioxidants in the formula. I still use a moisturizing sunscreen under this because I'm very fair and want more than SPF 20 and also want to give my combo skin additional moisture, but it probably would work very well as just a tinted moisturizer/sunblock for those who don't spend too much time in the sun and want to eliminate another product/step. I can't vouch for the PPD or stability, either.
I'm thrilled that I can purchase this at my local Target instead of having to order online, too. And as corny as it sounds, I'm happy to buy something from the line of a self-proclaimed "mum" and woman. Yes, the marketing ploy worked on me and I feel good supporting a fellow mom/woman instead of a huge conglomerate.
All in all, this has replaced my former TM as my favorite and the search is over while keeping my fingers crossed that this isn't reformulated or discontinued.