April 18, 2014 | 1353 users online

Treatments - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this Vitamin C powder which I must emphasize is stablized. I believe that the first bottle lasted about 9 months; I initially used it on a nightly basis, mixing 1 scoop in the WHINE serum from philosophy to even out skin tone from a rather wretched phase of perimenopause (night cream over it). I saw results after a few weeks and the results were noticeable. I now use it every other night, still in the WHINE serum (apply HIAJ after), and my skin is rather nice for what it has been through homonally. I was at a makeup counter a few months ago to scout out a foundation and the SA/MA asked me what makeup I was using that day! I was wearing just sunscreen.

I do avoid using this powder when I have a severe time with allergies or my skin is going through a rough patch (cold, flu, dry heat wave). Of all the products which philosopy puts out, this one is one of the most effective because it is stabilized and works quickly. Keep it stored in a cool, dry place. As for the bottle, well, it's the best of all possible options. Compared to competitors' Vitamin C powders, it's a bargain. Oh, also, I keep the bottle and the scoop in a very small bowl in my top dresser drawer and put the WHINE serum and the powder into the little bowl and then mix it before applying to a moistened-after-washing face. That little bowl is a great idea for mixing the potion.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by coldhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Save your money!! You can buy the SAME powdered Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) in this product from most health food stores. The packaging is cute, but the product is WAY overpriced ($35 for 7 grams, Philosophy vs. $25 for 120 grams, somewhere else). And, if there is too much for topical use only, you can eat it as a vitamin supplement and help your skin inside and out :)

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by CassGRFH

I bought this product after reading the reviews on here. The packaging is good for the product, though I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's clumsy.

I have very sensitive, acne prone skin, so I probably shouldn't have tried this, but I did. Overall, it was too strong for me. I was using a 1/2 scoop, but it still irritated my skin. I could see some of the "glow" that people talk about it, and I would love to be able to add it to my routine, but my face just couldn't handle it.

If you're not sensitive, give it a shot. I'm passing it on to a friend who can get better use out of it than me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by natasharose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product based on the reviews. I have normal to dry skin. I have been using it for the past month. I take one scoop and put mix it in with my moisturizer. It gives me a little tingling sensation at first, then that wears off and I am fine. I find that because I have dry skin as soon as I apply it my skin gets really dry so I just end up applying more moisturizer, which I don't mind. This product leaves my skin smooth and it also really helps with evening out my skin tone, which is a big big plus. I also find that my skin has a nice glow to it as well. This stuff is effective in the morning when I use it and is still effective at night time when I wash my face, my skin still feels great and even skin tone as well.
I gave it 4 lippies because of the packaging, it's terrible, very inconvenient and messy. when I get the product out with the little scooper it is so messy.
It is definitely a good product but packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Great way to give more "power" to your night routine. Little goes a long way witthis product. I mix this in with my serum at night or mosturizer in the morning and my skin got brighter giving it healthy glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jaysf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stable form of Vitamin C that all of the studies are showing is great for skin and I love that I can add it to my glycolic serum and it keeps the pH low enough for the glycolic to keep working. I will get this again. I just wish it was a better package.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ktachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I mix a small spoonful into my sunscreen each morning, and my skin has definitely gotten healthier. When I wash my makeup and sunscreen off at night, my pores don't appear as congested and I have a bit of a healthy glow to my cheeks. Also, I feel like using this plus an SPF 85 sunscreen every day will help protect my skin in the long run. I can't say whether or not I'd buy it again, because it is expensive, but while I have it now I definitely like it. Plus, it's kind of fun mixing the powder into my sunscreen!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/8/2009 9:35:00 PM More reviews by nic_b

I'm on my second bottle of this, so I figure it's about time to write a review! I bought this based on the first couple reviews posted here, plus info in a magazine article I read (maybe Allure?) I figured it was time I worked a vitamin C product into my routine. I haven't used Skinceuticals or Cellex-C (which one of my best friends swears by), so I can't compare this product to either of those, However, I've had very good results with this, and given the difference in price, I can't see myself giving either of those two products a try anytime soon.

The directions state that you should mix 1/2 to 1 scoop with your daily moisturizer. Since I have pretty sensitive skin (two days in a row of a retinol product will turn me bright red, even using only a tiny bit!), I started with the 1/2 scoop. I usually mix with either Clinique Dramatically Different Moisurizing Gel or Clinique Continuous Rescue Antioxidant Moisturizer and have had no trouble with either one--no discoloration of my palm like others have reported, or stinging skin. Definitely no difficulty mixing the powder into the moisturizer.

As to results: Over the four-to-five months or so it took me to use the first bottle, my skin tone got much more even. It's a lot more "glowy" without being oily. I have no difference whatsoever in my breakouts (I tend to get a hormonally-driven breakout once a month or so), so this certainly didn't cause any problems on that front.

Overall, spending thirty-five bucks for four-plus months' worth of product, I feel like I'm really getting my money's worth. I'd definitely recommend this (though start out using less if you're sensitive, just to let your skin get used to it, then adjust as desired.)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 1/30/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Hoffman308

It irritated my skin and actually made it worse. It comes with this little scoop which, if you are like me and sort of disorganized, is hard to hold onto. I lost it the second day. There is no space on or in the bottle to store the scoop thing. It turned my palm, where I mixed the powder into my moisturizer, yellow. I am going to keep using it sparingly, (I've only done about 5 applications) to see if maybe it takes two or three weeks. Another product that was mentioned below is that the amount you are supposed to apply is unclear, and even wth the scoop you kind of have to guess. Pretty pricey. Wouldn't buy again, but I'll keep updating on my future use.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by eponine121

Terrible product, literally burnt my skin! This made my skin red and dry and very painful, swollen and almost like it had been badly sunburnt!
It took weeks to get rid of the sore scaly/dry patches. It was so bad i thought i would need a doctors appointment, but luckily elizabeth arden 8 hour cream calmed it and took down the swelling and alot of the redness and pain. I would never recommend this product to anyone, i have used vit C products before with no problems, and only used a quarter of a scoop of this product mixed with my day cream.