August 28, 2014 | 1060 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I've been using this for about a month now. I have fairly good skin, but this does make it brighter and more even. It's a preventive product so only time will tell as far as it's claims, but I think it's working. It can sting a little if I use it after I've used an exfoliating scrub, but it's not unbarable and only lasts a few seconds. The packaging doesn't bother me and as for the price, this will last a long time so I think it's a pretty good deal. I use this product in the AM as directed. I use one scoop mixed in with two pumps of Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun. Yep that's right. I aply a gradual tanning lotion to my body every other morning and the Olay to my face every morning (since the face exfoliates faster). This product does not interfere with the gradual tanning properties in the Olay at all...just incase anyone is curious.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Gee -- I'm not sure how to rate this. I bought it, and have been using it for about two months. I mix about 2/3 or so of a scoop with my "WHINE" serum in the mornings (because the package recommends it be used in the AM rather than PM); however I'm not sure if it's really doing anything.

It stings a little when I apply it, but then it goes away. Basically what I notice is that my skin and hands smell like I've been working out in the yard after I use it. You know the smell -- like after you get out of a tanning bed, or your boyfriend/husband after he finishes doing heavy work out in the heat. You can smell it on your hands immediately. Kind of a metallic smell.

This bottle will last me a while. I'm not sure why I'd repurchase it because I'm not sure if anything is happening here. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give this a 4 because even though I use a scoop of this every night with my Hope In A Jar, Im still not sure if its just the moisturizer or the combo...
Also, I would like some place to put the scoop with the little jar. Right now I use a small clear hair band to hold them together.
The jar is nice though because it keeps well in the fridge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this Vitamin C powder which I must emphasize is stablized. I believe that the first bottle lasted about 9 months; I initially used it on a nightly basis, mixing 1 scoop in the WHINE serum from philosophy to even out skin tone from a rather wretched phase of perimenopause (night cream over it). I saw results after a few weeks and the results were noticeable. I now use it every other night, still in the WHINE serum (apply HIAJ after), and my skin is rather nice for what it has been through homonally. I was at a makeup counter a few months ago to scout out a foundation and the SA/MA asked me what makeup I was using that day! I was wearing just sunscreen.

I do avoid using this powder when I have a severe time with allergies or my skin is going through a rough patch (cold, flu, dry heat wave). Of all the products which philosopy puts out, this one is one of the most effective because it is stabilized and works quickly. Keep it stored in a cool, dry place. As for the bottle, well, it's the best of all possible options. Compared to competitors' Vitamin C powders, it's a bargain. Oh, also, I keep the bottle and the scoop in a very small bowl in my top dresser drawer and put the WHINE serum and the powder into the little bowl and then mix it before applying to a moistened-after-washing face. That little bowl is a great idea for mixing the potion.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by coldhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Save your money!! You can buy the SAME powdered Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) in this product from most health food stores. The packaging is cute, but the product is WAY overpriced ($35 for 7 grams, Philosophy vs. $25 for 120 grams, somewhere else). And, if there is too much for topical use only, you can eat it as a vitamin supplement and help your skin inside and out :)

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by CassGRFH

I bought this product after reading the reviews on here. The packaging is good for the product, though I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's clumsy.

I have very sensitive, acne prone skin, so I probably shouldn't have tried this, but I did. Overall, it was too strong for me. I was using a 1/2 scoop, but it still irritated my skin. I could see some of the "glow" that people talk about it, and I would love to be able to add it to my routine, but my face just couldn't handle it.

If you're not sensitive, give it a shot. I'm passing it on to a friend who can get better use out of it than me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2009 10:02:00 AM More reviews by natasharose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this product based on the reviews. I have normal to dry skin. I have been using it for the past month. I take one scoop and put mix it in with my moisturizer. It gives me a little tingling sensation at first, then that wears off and I am fine. I find that because I have dry skin as soon as I apply it my skin gets really dry so I just end up applying more moisturizer, which I don't mind. This product leaves my skin smooth and it also really helps with evening out my skin tone, which is a big big plus. I also find that my skin has a nice glow to it as well. This stuff is effective in the morning when I use it and is still effective at night time when I wash my face, my skin still feels great and even skin tone as well.
I gave it 4 lippies because of the packaging, it's terrible, very inconvenient and messy. when I get the product out with the little scooper it is so messy.
It is definitely a good product but packaging sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by fabulousjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. Great way to give more "power" to your night routine. Little goes a long way witthis product. I mix this in with my serum at night or mosturizer in the morning and my skin got brighter giving it healthy glow!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by jaysf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stable form of Vitamin C that all of the studies are showing is great for skin and I love that I can add it to my glycolic serum and it keeps the pH low enough for the glycolic to keep working. I will get this again. I just wish it was a better package.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2009 5:13:00 AM More reviews by ktachi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I mix a small spoonful into my sunscreen each morning, and my skin has definitely gotten healthier. When I wash my makeup and sunscreen off at night, my pores don't appear as congested and I have a bit of a healthy glow to my cheeks. Also, I feel like using this plus an SPF 85 sunscreen every day will help protect my skin in the long run. I can't say whether or not I'd buy it again, because it is expensive, but while I have it now I definitely like it. Plus, it's kind of fun mixing the powder into my sunscreen!