November 24, 2014 | 895 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Turbo Booster C Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by coriforia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is overall a good vitamin C product - unfortunately it comes down to the fact that its just a pain to use! I'm all for putting vitamin C on my face but I realize now I want it to be a serum or lotion, I don't want to have to mix it myself every morning.

The powder is a white powder in a dark opaque bottle. It comes with a little scoop. The directions say to use one scoop daily but I will say that is way too strong for me! I do have very sensitive skin though. I use 1/2 scoop a few times a week and do ok, but any more than that and I start to get irritation. You may want to start with a lower amount and work your way up to see how you do.

Now what has it done for my skin? Well, its hard to say. Oddly when I put it on I feel like my skin looks immediately brighter, but then the brightness fades throughout the day. I also know that vitamin C helps with skin damage from the sun, so even if I don't directly see a difference, I'm ok because I know its helping anyway!

Overall, I will use it because I know its helping my skin and as long as I don't use a full scoop every day my skin is fine. But, its really a pain to use and so when its empty I will look for a serum instead.

Ingredients: ascorbic acid, panthenol, zinc pca, copper pca, camellia oleifera leaf juice, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, arginine, cysteine, aloe barbadensis leaf juice.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 1:33:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm a bit surprised by this product. I've been using it consistently for about 2 months. I have quite a bit of acne scarring all over my face. At first I wasn't sure it was working at all. The change is so subtle, but over a greater period of time, you see a definite change. I just woke up one day thinking, "Is that my skin or what??" lol. I love how versatile the formula is. You can add a pinch of it to any moisturizer. I currently add it to The Body Shop Tea Tree mattifying lotion. Seeing that whitening products costs double the price of this, I may choose to stick with it. It did not irritate or break me out.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by GeeJocUrGOLD

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I think this is a wonderful idea, but this broke me out. Am I the only person this happened to? My skin looked bad with continued use and I have just about the clearest skin that always gets comments. Took a little while for it to recover. Might work well for someone else, vitamin c is great for the skin and enhances sun screen. Potency is also an issue with vitamin c products, seems like it's just something to put on the label to draw people in and this IS actually potent stuff while the majority are not. This just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by snickersaw943

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

AMAZING! After using for 3 weeks my skin is so much more clear! I had servere acne scars that have been on my face for seriously months, and they are almost gone! My skin was so blotchy, red spots, dark spots, and now I can honestly say that my skin is 75% more clear than it was 3 weeks ago. For the price it is incredible, miracle worker. Nothing else has worked for my scars before until now :) Only down fall is that it does sting a little when you put it on, just wait 3 or 4 mins and it will go away. Also, DO NOT put this near your eye or it will become irritated and very sore. Overall, this product is amazing and I think I am dedicated for life!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by jmcoco

I've been using this for about a month now. I have fairly good skin, but this does make it brighter and more even. It's a preventive product so only time will tell as far as it's claims, but I think it's working. It can sting a little if I use it after I've used an exfoliating scrub, but it's not unbarable and only lasts a few seconds. The packaging doesn't bother me and as for the price, this will last a long time so I think it's a pretty good deal. I use this product in the AM as directed. I use one scoop mixed in with two pumps of Olay Regenerist Touch of Sun. Yep that's right. I aply a gradual tanning lotion to my body every other morning and the Olay to my face every morning (since the face exfoliates faster). This product does not interfere with the gradual tanning properties in the Olay at all...just incase anyone is curious.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2009 9:24:00 PM More reviews by FeatherHen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

Gee -- I'm not sure how to rate this. I bought it, and have been using it for about two months. I mix about 2/3 or so of a scoop with my "WHINE" serum in the mornings (because the package recommends it be used in the AM rather than PM); however I'm not sure if it's really doing anything.

It stings a little when I apply it, but then it goes away. Basically what I notice is that my skin and hands smell like I've been working out in the yard after I use it. You know the smell -- like after you get out of a tanning bed, or your boyfriend/husband after he finishes doing heavy work out in the heat. You can smell it on your hands immediately. Kind of a metallic smell.

This bottle will last me a while. I'm not sure why I'd repurchase it because I'm not sure if anything is happening here. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:35:00 PM More reviews by ashley4frogs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I give this a 4 because even though I use a scoop of this every night with my Hope In A Jar, Im still not sure if its just the moisturizer or the combo...
Also, I would like some place to put the scoop with the little jar. Right now I use a small clear hair band to hold them together.
The jar is nice though because it keeps well in the fridge.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by novelist

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am on my second bottle of this Vitamin C powder which I must emphasize is stablized. I believe that the first bottle lasted about 9 months; I initially used it on a nightly basis, mixing 1 scoop in the WHINE serum from philosophy to even out skin tone from a rather wretched phase of perimenopause (night cream over it). I saw results after a few weeks and the results were noticeable. I now use it every other night, still in the WHINE serum (apply HIAJ after), and my skin is rather nice for what it has been through homonally. I was at a makeup counter a few months ago to scout out a foundation and the SA/MA asked me what makeup I was using that day! I was wearing just sunscreen.

I do avoid using this powder when I have a severe time with allergies or my skin is going through a rough patch (cold, flu, dry heat wave). Of all the products which philosopy puts out, this one is one of the most effective because it is stabilized and works quickly. Keep it stored in a cool, dry place. As for the bottle, well, it's the best of all possible options. Compared to competitors' Vitamin C powders, it's a bargain. Oh, also, I keep the bottle and the scoop in a very small bowl in my top dresser drawer and put the WHINE serum and the powder into the little bowl and then mix it before applying to a moistened-after-washing face. That little bowl is a great idea for mixing the potion.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/2/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by coldhands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Save your money!! You can buy the SAME powdered Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) in this product from most health food stores. The packaging is cute, but the product is WAY overpriced ($35 for 7 grams, Philosophy vs. $25 for 120 grams, somewhere else). And, if there is too much for topical use only, you can eat it as a vitamin supplement and help your skin inside and out :)

8 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by CassGRFH

I bought this product after reading the reviews on here. The packaging is good for the product, though I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's clumsy.

I have very sensitive, acne prone skin, so I probably shouldn't have tried this, but I did. Overall, it was too strong for me. I was using a 1/2 scoop, but it still irritated my skin. I could see some of the "glow" that people talk about it, and I would love to be able to add it to my routine, but my face just couldn't handle it.

If you're not sensitive, give it a shot. I'm passing it on to a friend who can get better use out of it than me.