July 26, 2014 | 1852 users online

Mascara - Clarins - Double Fix

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is just the new name for Mascara Fix. I always use waterproof mascara but I still find that it smudges by the end of the day because of the moisturiser/sunscreen I use under my eyes so I was hoping this would strengthen the waterproofing. It does, but I find that as I have to apply several coats to ensure the waterproofness, it tends to undo the look of my lashes and clumps them together a bit. The product tends to dry on the wand like clag glue and you do have to wipe off the wand to prevent the rest of the gel from being contaminated black. This will lose you some product, and there's not a huge amount there for the price. At least the tube is an improvement as it's now a hard plastic case.

Update 18.04.2012: Having realised that the issues I was having with this product were largely due to the poor design of the mascara wand, I now brush the fix onto a favoured old mascara wand before applying to my lashes. This way, I can be assued of getting the waterproofing I need as well as maintaining the curl and definition on my lashes. So I'm upping this to four stars although I'm not sure that I would repurchase as I'd ideally like to find a waterproofer that's a bit more convenient to use.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 9:10:00 PM More reviews by dulcious

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this mascara. i wear it alone to just hold curl. it looks really natural at holds up in humid weather. sometimes i will apply a little brown mascara to just the lashes at the outer corners of my eyes to give a little "cat eye" effect. overall this is the best mascara for holding curl in stubborn straight lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by raynie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product really did prevent smudging and definitely waterproof. the only problem is that when u apply it, it chages ur mascara's color and makes the color kinda fake. and it takes much more time to remove it. but it did a great job to prevent smudging. so i think ill repurchase it before i found a macara which is totally non-smudge!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2008 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sonia84cardoso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

What am I doing wrong???
I hate this product... It smells weird (like rubber) and it looks as if I've applied glue on my lashes, they actually turn white and stick to each other like crazy... Not a good product for me...

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by aastew

I have a terrible time keeping any mascara from running under my eyes. I touch up constantly, which, by the end the of the day, my makeup looks cakey under my eyes because of trying to cover up smudges from mascara. I tried this and I gave it 3 lippies. It isn't a miracle worker but it is the best I have tried. It still leaves a little bit of mascara under my eyes that I have to touch up, but works much, much better than any other product. It also dulls the rich black of your mascara. I will buy again because it is the best product I have found, but it isn't the perfect product.
UPDATE: I have to change my mind for the better on this product. It has tested fantastic in all kinds of climates and activities. I won't ever go w/o this product again. Best find ever!! Go purchase right away!!! You won't regret it and NO MORE RACCOON EYES!! I took off one lippie because it still does dull the rich black of your mascara--but it's definitely better than raccoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by houseofdanie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product changed my life. Well, my cosmetics life, at least. I have large, deep-set eyes that water like crazy sometimes, due to allergies. Also, the skin above and below my eyes tends toward the oily. This is the perfect recipe for smudged mascara. Most often, even the "smudge-proof" or "water-proof" versions of otherwise great mascaras find themselves all over my face. Not good.

I don't know why it took me so long to find this product. The minute I heard about it, tho, I jumped on the bandwagon. It isn't cheap, but I like having nice lashes, and I'm desperate.

It works! Diorshow normally runs very easily on me, and the waterproof version smudges after about an hour. Well, I applied the Mascara Fix today over it, and wore it in the rain, on my treadmill (yes, I got all sweaty), and in the very hot confines of my basement while doing laundry. No smudges! I've also tried it on top of Max Factor's 2000 Calorie and it worked like a charm there, too.

The tube is kind of an odd idea, but it's not a deal-breaker for me. Recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2008 6:28:00 PM More reviews by chitchatgo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The new version is called Double Fix, and supposedly you can use it on the brows too. I only use it on my mascara, and the product makes any mascara waterproof and smudgeproof. My biggest problem is having racoon eyes, and most of the time even waterproof, smudgeproof mascaras smudge on me. There are a lot of mascara out there that I would love to use if not for the smudging issue. Now, I don't have to compromise and just buy waterproof versions.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Kath218

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never been able to find a mascara that doesn't smudge. I have tried every mascara on the market it seems. Finally, I tried this over several different mascaras and no more smudges! This is one of the best products I've ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by mrak

Wow, crazy product. The SA was telling me how I could even go swimming and my mascara wouldn't smudge. After using for about 2 weeks, I have no doubt this is true. I have to say that I love the concept. Everyone has a favorite mascara that works for them and Mascara Fix lets you turn your favorite mascara into waterproof, ultra-long wearing mascara. This stuff delivers. No smudges, flakes, etc. Having said that, Mascara Fix is insanely difficult to remove. I have to use Bifacil eye makeup remover (which is excellent), then DHC cleansing oil, THEN Purpose face wash to get all traces of mascara off. I'm worried that if I use this everyday my lash line would end up bald. Also, this has a tendency to sort of glue your lashes together into a couple of fat lash spikes if you are not super careful, I have to comb out my lashes before it sets. Having said that, this is a great product to wear when you know it is going to be a long day, to special events like a wedding, on drizzly/rainy days, etc. Definitely an item that should be part of your makeup bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by petit_ami

This product works almost too well! Every mascara smudges on me. Every single one, even the ones that are smudge proof and waterproof. With this product, I don't smudge at all. But it really hard to remove, I use Lancome's Bifacil and it seems to work but you must use cotton buds to get into the lashes. I use this on days when I know I have a long day at work or an event after work.

I don't think the packaging is great, everything clumps on the end of the brush where it meets the stem of the brush and the product will turn grey (even though I wait for my mascara to dry completely before I put this on).

Otherwise, this is an amazing product that I will continue to use and buy.