Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash pink grapefruit foaming scrub

2.9

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2% Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium C14 16 Olefin Sulfonate, Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Polyethylene, Acrylates Crosspolymer, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus) (Carrageenan), C12 15 Alkyl Lactate, Disodium EDTA, Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Peel Extract (Grapefruit), Polyquaternium 7, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Anthemis Nobilis (Roman Chamomile) Flower Extract, Polysorbate 20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Benzalkonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Benzotriazoyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Agar, Alumina, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Violet 2, Fragrance

on 7/16/2013 7:27:00 AM

This is the worst scrub I have ever used! I'm so disappointed. When I dried my face it feel too tight, and my face was getting red. I woke up the next day with pimples all over my cheeks and near my jawline ( places I never get pimples) and I was so upset. Since then the pimples never went away, I have scars now and now and then I still get pimples there but it's controlled by actual good scrubs unlike this disgrace

on 7/13/2013 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

As a 37 year old woman with tough, oily skin and mild acne, I cannot ask for much more in a facial wash. It's inexpensive, smells lovely, removes all makeup, and exfoliates. The beads are smooth enough to not irritate my eye area or mess with my eyelashes and brows - but do the job of exfoliating. I can feel it in my skin when I don't use this - it feels less clean, less smooth, less refreshed. I even use it on my makeup brushes once a week (daily on my foundation stippling brush) to really get them clean. Now, if you have dry skin - not for you. If you have sensitive skin - not for you. If you have moderate to severe acne - not for you. But if you have oily, resilient skin with a few zits a month that needs a through cleaning and exfoliating - this is a great product.

PROS:
- inexpensive (shop sales)
- deep cleans
- beads are gentle yet effective
- smooths skin, prepping it well for moisturizer and makeup
- removes all makeup
- helps with mild acne
- great for oily skin
- great scent and color
- works well on my sigma and elf brushes
CONS:
- not a gentle product - sensitive skin beware
- not an HG acne fighter - you will still need zit cream on occasion
- can be drying for those without oily skin

For me, I think it's a great product for my oily, adult acne prone skin. I have been told I have great skin for my age, and this is definitely part of the regime that gets me there.

on 7/13/2013 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have probably already bought my 6th one since first using this. I see big improvement in my skin after using this. I still get the occasional monthly breakouts but the rest of the month, my skin is so smooth and clear. A little pricey though but worth it.

on 7/8/2013 9:22:00 AM

The smell is wonderful, just like grapefruit! This does better as an acne preventative rather than a treatment.

on 7/4/2013 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I had acne all over my head and after using this product it did clear acne on my forehead but i noticed acne on my cheeks and it didn't help with blackheads! :( It would always get on my lips making them dry, chapped and bumpy. Maybe this product just wasn't for my skin.

on 6/27/2013 2:00:00 AM

Best face wash ive ever used. Not for dry skin but its the only face wash that has ever worked for me. And it smells amazing. I recommend it to people with oily skin not dry skin.

on 6/2/2013 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I had this a while ago. I brought it because I needed a facial wash. I looked to the neutrogena products as I have acne prone skin. It had nice packaging, cute pink colour and smelled amazing. After using it my face did feel refreshed but I usually feel refreshed after I wash my face anyway. This is where the good news stop. I didn't notice any difference with my acne and I actually noticed I broke out more around the time I used this but this could be a coincidence. It also left my skin feeling irritated and unusually red. Such a shame because it smells nice. :)

I felt this product really clean and purify my skin from most of my acne. it left my skin feel very fresh and thoroughly cleansed. After daily usage for months, I ran out. It took me about 1-2 weeks to re-purchase this product because I was very busy. When I finally re-purchased it and started to use it daily once again, I noticed how dry it was making my skin. I also felt its skin-purifying effect that it had on my acne with the previous bottle I used was slowly diminishing. So basically all I was getting my dry, itchy skin.
This product is good. But I only recommend it if you have super oily skin that is not easily irritated. It cleans the skin well. If you have other acne-prone skin types, I suggest you use it twice a week or so as an intensive skin scrub/purifier so you'll minimise the chance of irritation and severe dryness.

For the first few days of use, I have to confess I loved this product! The smell is great, and it exfoliated nicely! However as I continued using it, I realized I was developing acne on my forehead! I had never had actual acne before, only the occasional spot/pimple! So I came on here and found out the same thing was happening to other people. I immediately stopped using it and my skin eventually went back to normal. I do NOT recommend this product.

on 5/24/2013 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This both dried my skin and made me break out. I normally have fairly clear skin but it was a mess for the few weeks I insisted on using this scrub, thinking I should give it a chance before I gave up on it. I will say that the smell is amazing! So great in fact, that I can't bring myself to throw the stuff out. Now I use it to wash my feet, so it manages to serve a purpose.