July 28, 2014 | 1303 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice lip product.
Pros: It goes on smoothly, and does moisturize dry lips.
It isn't sticky or shiny, just like your own natural lips but better.
Scent is minor and not offensive, no noticeable taste.
Cons:
Doesn't last long so you will need to reapply.

Conclusion.
This is a good basic lip balm. It is decently priced and packaged and it will do the basic everyday lip moisture thing quite well. It is not going to cut it in the dead of winter when I have super chapped lips but I have my blistex lip medex for that. It does apply extremely well, no tugging or struggling with it and it is excellent under lipstick (no stickiness or excessive product left behind to ruin lipstick application). Overall good product and would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Greenapple95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-moisturizes lips
-goes on light
-smooth to apply/smooth consistency
-not smelly
-clear
-works well as a lipstick base
Cons:
- reapply constantly

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lynnmats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since the Nivea cream is very thick and moisturizing, I thought this would be really great. Not so much. While this goes on smoothly, doesn't pull or drag much on the lip like some waxy sticks can, it doesn't last very long. It is, however, a decent base to put lipstick on over.

It also gets some points for being in a tube (for hygenic reasons) having a very light scent, and not having a taste. If you want something light that isn't sticky or doesn't taste like it's loaded with sweeteners, this is a nice choice. I tend to want/need something that's more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This balm is just okay. It's better then chapstick because it doesn't give that mucky (think car wax) feeling on the lips. On the other hand, it's not too goopy and sticky like tree sap. The texture is perfect and just gives a nice natural shield of moisture with no heavy feel or buildup. However, the moisture only lasts about 15 minutes before I'm reaching for the tube again to reapply. If this had better staying power, I would repurchase it and give it a better rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use a LOT of lip balm. I ended up using this on my cuticles because it just didn't have the staying power on my lips. The smell is light and pleasant, and the consistency is smooth. However, it doesn't seem to stay put and I found myself reapplying more often than normal. If you dislike heavy, waxier balms, you might like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in search of a new chapstick, and bought a light blue tube at the grocery store. My initial impression was not good, as it felt like I had applied waxy lotion rather than a lip balm. It didn't really sink in and there was no shine whatsoever. But I have since discovered a great use for this. I swipe a bit on my lips before lipstick, as it smooths and softens enough to facilitate an even application. If you try to use a regular lip balm for this, they tend to be too greasy and the lipstick slides all over the place. So here the lotion-like texture works to great advantage, smoothing all the rough places away and preventing the lipstick from sinking into fine lines. The lipstick seals in the moisture and doesn't wear unevenly. I keep a tube of this with all my lipsticks and always put it on first, even when using a liner or stain. But if I want a chapstick or lip balm, I use something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by nlt87

This is a review for the light blue tube. I love this stuff one of my girlfriends turned me on to this and I refuse to by anything else. I've tried other products that strip my lips of moisture but this doesn't not for me at least. As far as staying power goes I can go about 2-3 hours without having to reapply.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by Cailee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Nivea products don't fare very well with my lips. It's actually very hard for me to find a lip balm (drugstore OR high end) that doesn't make my lips chap and dry out even worse, and this one is one of the many that do, as does Nivea Kiss of Milk & Honey. This stuff completely strips my lips of moisture when it rubs off. It's rather nice while it's on, but my lips feel rather tight after 10 minutes of application, and they feel even worse when its gone. Not a pretty feeling. I don't know why so many lip balms do this to me; the only lip balm that works for me is Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm. But with Nivea, I like the texture of it, it doesn't feel too waxy, but i just don't see myself repurchasing. And, for some reason, in many of my local stores, it's actually more expensive than Burt's Bees.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by debssx3

Good product. Cheap and works well. It does moisturize well. Can't wait to try the rest of the Nivea lip balms.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 10:12:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

This is a review for the honey version of this lip balm. I was always grabbing my daughter's version in the light blue tube because it feels so good going on and continues to feel good as it is moisturizing and protecting my lips. The honey one was on sale at the grocery store one day so I purchased it. It's my go-to lip balm while I'm reading or watching TV at night and I apply it again before I go to sleep. It does its job and is light in scent. It's not greasy, so it doesn't shine up my lips too bad (ahem--Carmex) in case my hubby wants to kiss me goodnight--he won't be offended by a strong-smelling, greasy lip bomb. Nivea is a great line overall (I use their body moisturizers just about every day) and I will continue buying their products forever. I took a couple lippies off for the packaging/overall rating however because I notice the balm screws itself back down slightly when I am applying it and sometimes I have to screw it back up to continue applying. The cap doesn't always click back on securely so I am not sure I'd be comfortable throwing this in my tote bag for fear that the cap would come off and ruin the balm. If you've never tried Nivea's lip care: Go For It!