December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Lip Treatments - Nivea - A Kiss of Moisture

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2011 7:07:00 PM More reviews by missimperfections

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I ran out of my chap stick and I really needed a new one. I was at CVS a few days ago and they had it on sale buy one get 50% of. So i bought two. I've used Nivea's chap sticks before and i really liked them. They leave my lips feeling moisturized. I get irritated if my lips look and feel dry. But this allows my lips to look and feel their best. I really like this chap stick.
Pors:
Nice packaging
not greasy
light scent
easy application
does what it supposed to

cons:
constantly having to apply in short periods of time

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 6:19:00 PM More reviews by McSpamela

I've been wanting to get Nivea Lip Balm for quite awhile and needless to say it does not disappoint! I was originally going to get the light blue one, but the moisture aspect of the dark blue "Kiss of Moisture" appealed to me more as my lips are generally dry and peeling! I love this! The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because of the smell - don't get me wrong, it's not overwhelming or bad tasting, it just smells like baby powder/new diapers to me! It's not vulgar or gross, it just sorta smells interesting/funky to me haha! It goes on smooth and for me, the lasting power is just right. I DO NOT like to have lip balm/chapstick on my lips for too long, it makes my lips feel grubby and just weird, so if you don't like chapstick/lip balm that lasts too long or too little, this is the one for you! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:36:00 PM More reviews by krystalvanorden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just baught the kiss of INTENSE moisture today and it is already working for my overly dry lips its amazing and its soothes my cracked lips really well its kind of tingly in a good way. Its medicated so it takes some of the discomfort of overly dry lips away. Doesnt leave your mouth with a nasty taste like some medicated balms and smells medicated/minty. The price is about 2.99 but I think its worth it if you need something that works right away.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:17:00 PM More reviews by tomakeupchick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice lip product.
Pros: It goes on smoothly, and does moisturize dry lips.
It isn't sticky or shiny, just like your own natural lips but better.
Scent is minor and not offensive, no noticeable taste.
Cons:
Doesn't last long so you will need to reapply.

Conclusion.
This is a good basic lip balm. It is decently priced and packaged and it will do the basic everyday lip moisture thing quite well. It is not going to cut it in the dead of winter when I have super chapped lips but I have my blistex lip medex for that. It does apply extremely well, no tugging or struggling with it and it is excellent under lipstick (no stickiness or excessive product left behind to ruin lipstick application). Overall good product and would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/31/2011 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Greenapple95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-moisturizes lips
-goes on light
-smooth to apply/smooth consistency
-not smelly
-clear
-works well as a lipstick base
Cons:
- reapply constantly

rated 2 of 5 on 10/30/2011 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lynnmats

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Since the Nivea cream is very thick and moisturizing, I thought this would be really great. Not so much. While this goes on smoothly, doesn't pull or drag much on the lip like some waxy sticks can, it doesn't last very long. It is, however, a decent base to put lipstick on over.

It also gets some points for being in a tube (for hygenic reasons) having a very light scent, and not having a taste. If you want something light that isn't sticky or doesn't taste like it's loaded with sweeteners, this is a nice choice. I tend to want/need something that's more moisturizing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by KeyWestBum

This balm is just okay. It's better then chapstick because it doesn't give that mucky (think car wax) feeling on the lips. On the other hand, it's not too goopy and sticky like tree sap. The texture is perfect and just gives a nice natural shield of moisture with no heavy feel or buildup. However, the moisture only lasts about 15 minutes before I'm reaching for the tube again to reapply. If this had better staying power, I would repurchase it and give it a better rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 11:52:00 AM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use a LOT of lip balm. I ended up using this on my cuticles because it just didn't have the staying power on my lips. The smell is light and pleasant, and the consistency is smooth. However, it doesn't seem to stay put and I found myself reapplying more often than normal. If you dislike heavy, waxier balms, you might like this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 4:09:00 AM More reviews by arwynundomiel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was in search of a new chapstick, and bought a light blue tube at the grocery store. My initial impression was not good, as it felt like I had applied waxy lotion rather than a lip balm. It didn't really sink in and there was no shine whatsoever. But I have since discovered a great use for this. I swipe a bit on my lips before lipstick, as it smooths and softens enough to facilitate an even application. If you try to use a regular lip balm for this, they tend to be too greasy and the lipstick slides all over the place. So here the lotion-like texture works to great advantage, smoothing all the rough places away and preventing the lipstick from sinking into fine lines. The lipstick seals in the moisture and doesn't wear unevenly. I keep a tube of this with all my lipsticks and always put it on first, even when using a liner or stain. But if I want a chapstick or lip balm, I use something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by nlt87

This is a review for the light blue tube. I love this stuff one of my girlfriends turned me on to this and I refuse to by anything else. I've tried other products that strip my lips of moisture but this doesn't not for me at least. As far as staying power goes I can go about 2-3 hours without having to reapply.