Parlux Jessica Simpson - Fancy

3.9

on 9/26/2011 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Today, I dabbed Fancy on one wrist and Fancy Love on the other. Guess which one sucks?! Maybe I got a bad sample or something, because the top notes smell like chemicals, sugar, cream soda, and mens aftershave! I don't know if the drydown will yield more favourable results- it seems unlikely. I love the bottle and was just about to buy a 100mL bottle, but got a sample just in case- I think this was a good decision. I will update in a few hours if the drydown exceeds my expectations. Meanwhile, Fancy Love on the other hand (or wrist in my case!) appears to be quite promising!

Update: It's been 2 hours and I can definitely smell vanilla, freshly baked cake, and a bit of caramel in there, but the masculine aftershave smell persists in the background. Unfortunately, the same thing applies to the Fancy Love! It may be due to a body chemistry incompatibility thing. I'm undecided on whether to buy it or not. Either way, for those who have the same problem, I think the way to go is to spray this a couple of hours before coming into contact with people.

on 8/31/2011 10:49:00 PM

DISGUSTING. It smells like something a 10 year old would wear. No sophistication what so ever. My boyfriend loves vanilla scents I really wanted to like it. This was just gross. Gave me a headache the first 20 minutes, smelt about the same for the next 10 hrs, just got less strong. And MY GOD, IS IT STRONG. At the very end of its miserable life, the scent smells like those dolls that were scented with sweet factory -made smell sprayed on smelling weird plastic-Barbie smell with some synthetic vanilla smell. Mostly plastic though. If you want to smell like you've just been to Toys R Us, I guess this is a good choice.

on 8/24/2011 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i absolutely loved jessican simpson's fancy love, so i thought i'd like this as well and went ahead and bought it. big mistake. this is very generic, typical sweet floral-vanilla scent. smells plastic-y, synthetic, unsophisticated... very much like a softer version of pink sugar. the top notes are a bit fruitier and lighter than pink sugar, but the drydown smells exactly the same, but a little less stronger and less of the 'burnt' note that pink sugar has. i give this 3 stars because it lasts more than 6 hours on me, and despite the lack of character in the fragrance, it's totally wearable. it just smells like every other teeny bopper celebrity fragrance out there.

on 8/21/2011 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Caramel, toffee, woody drydown, berry and a tiny whiff of flowers at first. The drydown fairly floats around me; love it! So perfect for fall and winter. Edit: I am falling in love with this fragrance more every day. The dry, warm almondy drydown is bliss.

on 8/19/2011 6:26:00 PM

I am very surprised to really like this fragrance. I was at Kohl's one day spritzing different perfumes on those tester strips, and I kept sniffing Fancy and thought it was pretty good. I went ahead and purchased it, because it was such a good deal. I got the set with the matching lotion for around 15 dollars. It's such a sweet smoky vanilla with some peach fuzz to my nose. The scent lasts quite a long time, too, and if you layer it with the lotion it lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear this. The bottle design is very pretty, too. I think this fragrance can be worn by pretty much any woman at any age.
I need to go and try out her other scents since I like this one so much.

on 8/13/2011 7:31:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

WOW! What a hidden gem! This is exactly what I have been looking for! First when I put it on, it smelled like Pink Sugar with a peachy scent, and I was like, eh, I already have this one... But, a few moments afterwards, magic occurred. I smell a vanilla pipe tobacco, like Guerlain SDV or TF Tobacco Vanille. Success! I am in love!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

For a long time this was my favorite, it was one of those fragrances that got lots of compliments, lots of people asking what it was, etc. But I noticed that after a while the smell would wear off at the end of the day. Then it just started smelling chemically. I can't correctly describe the smell, but it started to smell really watered down, which disappointed me, cause the actual fragrance is really great.

on 7/23/2011 9:24:00 AM

Top note is berry-juicy, with the vanilla coming through quite quickly. Creamy, soft, sweet without being screechy. It's on the gourmand side but not VERY foody. It's a very nice vanilla, and I've tried/owned them all from Shalimar to Britney. Seems to last a few hours, whereas Curious in Control, with a similar vanilla note lasts ten minutes if that on me.
Packaging is cute, with the gold embossing.
Price is excellent on cheapsmells.com
I deduct one star because I simply can't give it the same number of stars I gave l'heure bleue!

on 7/15/2011 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This smells very yummy and delish - a nice "foodie" sort of scent. However, it is a little cloying especially when worn on a hot day so minus one lippy from me. I smell lots of sugary caramel/vanilla notes in the opening that changes to a nutty-like ending on my skin. I don't get any florals or fruity notes in this which is a shame. Overall, it's a lovely warm gourmand but I wouldn't choose this to wear during Summer because it doesn't wear so well in the heat.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Ok i admit i am a fragrance addict!! I have more than i can count and came across this at my local Priceline store I sprayed it on my arm and was so suprised i really didnt expect much i guess because i have the BS fantasy and grew tired of it And it is a vanilla cupcake type smell also But this is so different This reminds me of that warm vanilla sugar smell Like at xmas time The body shop had a vanilla oil years ago that had that same warmth about it Just yummy But they reformulated it This has so much more than just a vanilla base its blended so nicely with very suble fruit and florals and the caramel gives it such a beautiful warmth Just lovely This is definately hitting HG status for me And this is coming from someone who gets sick of perfume really quick This is a really well blended perfume I LOVE IT!!!