October 21, 2014 | 1649 users online

Nails - Konad

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 1:23:00 AM More reviews by hilary2952

First, I need to say that i love this product especially for people that don't want to spend a lot of money on nail salons it does the exact thing the only thing you need is practice but after you try it and get the hang of it you will never let go it works amazing i am still impressed that things like this exist in the world.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2008 5:10:00 AM More reviews by meowlicious

After walking by the Konad stand at the mall numerous of times I decided to stop and take a look. I tried it out myself and it was quite easy to use. So I decided to purchase the french manicure set and an extra image plate. It was really hard for me to pick the image plate on the spot, some of them were nice but there was always one or two really gay images on the plate, like a cow or a fairy. Geez. It was invented in asian LOL.
The kit included 3 image plates, scraper and stamper, a correction pen, and 2 bottles of 5ml polishes, black and a white.... almost $50 bux. Honestly, if you like to make designs and dont really want to spend the money, just buy a french plate or two, a floral plate, the scraper and the stamper. I tried using some of my really old, gunky nail polishes, and it works! If you do't have any, just go to the clearance part of your local drugstore, buy a few, and open the lid and let it dry out a bit. The polishes from Konad are hella expensive! around 9 CAD with taxes for 5 ml. yse you can find cheaper on the net, but why the hassle? and the french corrector pen? which is basically a pen with nail polish remover? Just dip a brush into nail polish remover and voila! save yourself another 10 bux!
You cna make a lot of design variations with the plates and different colors... however, there is one downside. you cannot flip and mirror the image, so if you have lets say, a rose, that curves rite when you stamp it onto your left hand... when you stamp it onto your rite hand hand it will still face that way... unless you don't mind all your roses to face the same direction on both hands! So opt for daisies and such, stars, so you can instead flip the stamp180 degrees to get them to face a certain angle. And for their top coat? all you need is your own. However you do have to do it quite fast. The trick is to not coat your whole nail at one time, because you will probably run over the image twice, which will cause the image to run. Quickly start on the top, middle of your nail, and quicky paint downwards. Do that to all of your nails. Then when it dries, do all the sides! No more runny images! Even though I like this product, I don't like how they make people buy every single item saying it is "special". Anyway, I've rambled on enuff, hope someone finds this helpful! *cheers*

15 out of 27 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 6:39:00 PM More reviews by AUDREYNICOLE

I absolutely LOVE this product! After hearing rave reviews and seeing beautiful designs using the Konad, I had to order one. To start off, I ordered 1 image plate, 1 special polish and the stamper and scraper from wowsocool.com, for less than $20. After receiving my package, and trying the stamper, I immediately placed another order for more paints and plates. There is a bit of a learning curve with this, but after a few tries, and some suggestions from the girls on the MUA nail board, I got it down, and I am SO glad I purchased this. It is true that the Konad special polish does work best, but there are also other brands that work. I love it so much that I am planning on buying starter kits for a few friends and family members for the holidays. Well worth the investment. It has SO many possibilities! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2008 5:37:00 PM More reviews by killua

I live in Alberta and during one of the summer festivals, there was a promotion for the konad nail decos. I only bought one of the steel plate designs because I thought it would be okay if I just used a rubber eraser and an exacto knife in place of the rubber stamper and scraper--and boy was I wrong. It hardly worked at all. Okay, so I decided to just purchase the missing tools at a local wholesale beauty supply store, but when I used it, the stamper was difficult to use and you had to use polishes that were thicker than normal for the designs to stick. So in effect, you were pretty much forced to buy their entire kit in order to use this properly...but even if you did, it was sooo completely messy. if you didn't buy the "special" clear polish, your designs would just run because it didn't dry fast enough and would smudge the stamp.

I wouldn't recommend this product, nor would I purchase any more products because it was pretty difficult to use and they charge exorbitant prices for their products without the product quality warranting such high prices.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Panda_Attack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product while on a stopover in New Jersey. As far as new products go - it was love at first sight. I had been looking for a long time for nail art products other than typical decals that would allow for designs at a reasonable cost.
---
How it works is you take a the metal image plate, brush the polish on, scrape it off and then stamp down onto the plate with the rubber stamper. If the image quality looks good on the stamper you roll it onto your nail.
---
The pro's of this product is that it is very easy to use and easy to get a nice looking design on both hands since you can do most of the steps with your dominant hand and just roll using your other hand. It can also be reused many many times as long as you don't run out of the polish which can be purchased online for a reasonable rate.
---
The only con of this product to me is that I was not told I would be needing the special polish in order to get the product to work and so when I tried to recreate the looks in India during my trip it wouldn't work, and now I have a set of polish on order from one of their websites. If you are really wanting to use this and cannot order from the website I did find that Alpine Snow from OPI which is a little thick does work but again, just order the special polishes.
---
Oh and after a lot of browsing I found the best site to purchase from (especially if you are not in the US where free shipping is often given) is www.nailsupplieswholesale.com

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No