October 31, 2014 | 1582 users online

Mascara - Estee Lauder - TURBOLASH-All Effects Motion Mascara

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 2:25:00 PM More reviews by monakhd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My favorite makeup product is mascara, so I try all sorts of macara all the time and never even finish them! This is definitely a good mascara as the vibration and bristles get the pigment on the root of your lashes, so it gives you the "eyeliner" look. It separates and defines and the color is a rich black.

I think that everyone should definitely try this mascara- but I wouldn't buy it again because I like my lashes to be really full and I wasn't able to build this mascara to the heavy coverage I like. For that, I prefer lash stylist by Maybeline, MAC Fibre lash & Dior Maximeyes and the Lancome Hypnose.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2008 12:29:00 AM More reviews by linmi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have NEVER written a review for a product but finally found a product I want to share with all the women I know! I literally want to stop women in my office and say, hey, do you want to know about the best mascara ever made? This is a great forum to share with the women who will benefit the most! This is the most absolutely amazing mascara! I totally thought it was a gimmick (give me a break) I had gone to the makeup counter to return my latest purchase of YSL black mascara. Although I like their waterproof, I found their regular mascara goopy and clumpy. Although I have nice lashes, I still have tried every mascara in every price category. I have never understood what women like about Maybelline Great Lash? It was just okay for me. I even tried the hugely popular Diorshow and was dissapointed. I went back to EL to buy my old standby that I've always loved, EL "More than Mascara" and asked what was new and popular.........here it goes, the vibrating wand. I was sure it was the silliest gimmick I had ever seen, then tried it. It's only $30.00 a tube but worth every penny. It is the most amazing mascara, it separates, lengthens, curls and adds beautiful volume! It does it all, day after day with a wonderfully rich black! The vibrator really does coat every single lash it can find in every stroke. The results being extra full, extra individual lashes, no clumping while curling and lengthening......it covers all the mascara necessities! No more buying one for fullness, one for lengthening, one for curling! I use it over Origins "Underwear for Lashes." You would never need to re-apply more than twice, because it simply can't get any better!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by gjackson

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this mascara! I have tried EVERY mascara out there, always searching for the perfect one. I've been cursed with super straight eyelashes that are not particularly full or long. A lash curler provides only temporary curl. This mascara curls and separates the lashes like none other. I've read about all the tricks and nothing seemed to work. Until this one, the closest I've come is Lancome's definicils curling formula. Lancome's keeps the curl but doesn't separate the lashes nearly as well as Lauder's. I've tried other Lauder mascaras and they have flaked but not this one. I was skeptical of this being a gimmick but am thoroughly impressed!

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by LeslieCZ

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although this is a very good mascara, the "motion" concept seems a bit silly! I think it's a cute "gimmick" and definitely a fun gift (which is how I got it), but the movement does nothing different or better for my (admittedly puny) lashes than any other mascara wand. I have to say, it's a very good formula...it separates well, doesn't clump or flake and it's very black. But the "turbo" motion actually makes it harder for me to hold on to the container while applying the product (and warning, be careful that you don't poke your eye while placing this moving object near your lashes... especially if you're nearsighted like me)!

UPDATE 9/1/08: I am increasing my lippies on this to 4 as I definitely have grown to love this formula! I am finally getting used to the motion, too! I am not SO old (or blind) that I can't learn new tricks! But, by the time I learned how to aim this right for perfect results, the battery is probably almost gone! But, what the heck, I just might have to go out and BUY myself another one!

9 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No