September 2, 2014 | 1905 users online

Blush - NARS - Dolce Vita

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2010 9:22:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

My no-brainer, look good in a rush blush. Pairs nicely with a smidge of the matching L/S and a touch of clear gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 11:38:00 PM More reviews by lexielex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Coloring is revlon colorstay 380 caramel, this is my 3rd blush and I love it. Its adds a nice natural rosy color to my cheeks, I highlight with Mac MSF refined and it looks great. It's and everday go to cheek color for me and very WOC friendly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2010 1:24:00 PM More reviews by dotix

This color is what I expected MAC's "pinch me" to look like. On my NC30/35 skin it makes me look like I've had a nice long make out session! I can't quite put my finger on what colour it is... I think it's a little red, a little orange and a little peachy. Well, it just looks like the colour of my cheeks after I've pinched it hard. It is very pigmented so I apply it with the NARS yachiyo brush. It really gives me that glow-from-within look that brightens up my complexion and just perks me up! I usually wear it on days I feel I look dull and need a pick me up but lately it has been my go-to blush instead of NARS' "deep throat". Maybe because it's the perfect colour to wear in summer. As far as the price goes, it's the typical price I pay for a NARS blush. I think it's worth the price for being quite a unique colour and awesome pigmentation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2010 10:19:00 AM More reviews by Fabfame

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was not too sure about this blush when I first got it. The colour seemed a little too "dusty" and I didn't think it would look like a fresh pink rose colour on my cheeks...wrong! It's lovely! My skintone is NW45/NC50 and this shows up as a beautiful soft pink. Its a perfect warmed pink for darker skintones and does not show up muddy or brown on the skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Sayoko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love Love Love this blush! Buildable color that can be sheered out as well....this like most NARS blushers is highly pigmented, this looks like a deep rose on me, NC50 for reference, again this will work on the lightest to the darkest of skintones. I'd buy this again if I needed to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by misz93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dolce Vita is such an elegant blush. it gives me the natural warm rosy flush on my tan skin like i just got back from my running practice every weekends. it sort of mimics my natural flush when i blush too.
Dolce Vita is a matte brick rose color in the compact.

Pros: pretty color,good pigmentation,awesome staying power,very blendable.

Cons: well,it's a bit pricey for me..

Packaging: lovely sleek black packaging that's slim & classy..i like.

Repurchase: this color? no. it's not my HG but i'll repurchase NARS blushes in other colors. =)

Reference: NC35-40. tan skin w/ yellow or golden tones.dark brown eyes & hair. dry & sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 7:01:00 PM More reviews by allymack

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow. This is the most pigmented blush I'd owned yet-also the most expensive-but I've definitely realized why it's worth the money. For one thing blushes tend to last a long time, so it's not like you constantly have to shell out $35 for the product. Also since it's so pigmented, you use quite a bit less. I'm still trying to get the hang of not putting too much on, since I really had to work to do that with cheaper blushes. The first day I wore this I was out all day, and when I went home again I looked in the mirror and immediately noticed that the blush had lasted far better-I'm used to them disappearing by the end of the day. Finally, a great, flattering colour. I think it'd be good for summer and winter.
EDIT: it's 2 years later and I'm still using the exact same blush every day, and it doesn't seem to show any time of running out anytime soon. it's the only one I use because it's such a flattering colour, like a natural flush. My skin is very pale, for the record. this is my HG 4 lyfe.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2010 5:30:00 PM More reviews by clouds

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite matte blush of all time! It gives me a very pretty and subtle rosy flush and it looks very, very natural on me. For reference, I'm an NC or C30, 120 in MUFE HD, asian with light skin and yellow undertones.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by fashion10

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color looks so good on my NC45 skin. It brings a nice rosy flush to my cheeks. I usually pair it off with my Dolce Vita lip gloss.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 3:24:00 AM More reviews by pencilpleat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't repeat what others have said about NARS blush quality - finely milled, heavily pigmented but blendable, and longlasting - and neither will I comment about the silly dust attracting material they use to make an otherwise excellent compact, but I just had to put in my 2 cents about how difficult it is to make this particular shade work for me.

Dolce Vita is a lovely deep cinnamon-rose hue, but not one that I can put on in a rush, because without careful application (light hand, not-so-dense brush, a single tap - I repeat: tap, not swipe this blush is *that* pigmented) I end up looking like I just got a tight slap (two cheeks, so two tight slaps?). It is also matte, not that I have a problem with matte blushes, but in this shade a matte texture makes it look extremely flat.

Anyway - if done right and blended well, DV is a sophisticated blush, very demure as opposed to just fresh and cheerful. It's just not for every day, and definitely not for when you're in a hurry. And you can't just wear any lipstick with this; Dolce Vita can pull orange in photos - the cinnamon in cinnamon-rose that it is is not obvious IRL but jumps out like a bronzer under a camera.

I would buy NARS blushes again, just not this shade.