NARS Dolce Vita

4.5

on 7/22/2010 4:57:00 PM

I'm very inconsistent with my opinion on Dolce Vita. Sometimes I love the soft berry cheeks I get with it, sometimes I think it makes me look bruised. I'm a pale Asian (NC20-25) with no special training in blush application, so Nars blushes being very pigmented is very hard for me to control. Also, Nars blushes being very long-lasting, if I make a bobo I can't just wipe it down easily.

I only ever wear this blush in the fall, because then I can get away with darker matte cheeks. My mom who's a lot darker than me wears this blush beautifully no matter the season. So I guess I'd say this blush can be an everyday color for darker complexions, and just a special event color for lighter gals.

And since I've already complained like a baby about the Nars packaging in my other reviews, let's just say I don't like it.

on 6/9/2010 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Pros:
- Does not fade into a clump of glitter (Like most blush)
- Glitter subtle and does not over kill the colour
- The packaging design is compact and cute
- Last very long
- If blended properly on face, this colour is perfect shade for that tan skin or holiday skin that we get during the summer months (I know not everyone get holiday skin during summer, in that case oh well)

Cons:
- Even though packing is cute etc, hate the rubber, it means if it get dirty you can never clean it properly, and I'm soo anal about keeping my makeup clean.
- Very expensive, especially here in Australia, and it not widely availbale here in Australia.

Overall:
I always wonder what the hype is with NARS blushes, it was not till I got Dolce Vita and Organsm that I realize what I missed out. I love their blush soo much that now I'm on a roll of collecting most of the colour.
The blush is very blended, easy to use, the gliter is very subtle, colour is very pigmented dont need to use alot. The thing I love most is that, when blushes start to fade, they usually leave back a layer of glitter residue, this does not do that.
NARS is not that popular here in Australia, and that is a shame, because Australia is very behind with makeup. I only know of 2 places that sells genuine NARS product, and they are very expensive.
Would I buy it again? Absolutely.

on 6/7/2010 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I finally found my HG blush!!! I have 5 Nars blushes already but this one is amazing! Such a nice color, highly pigmented. I love how buildable Nars blushes are!!! I have nars blush in taos and thought that was my hg but this one definately takes the cake!!!

on 5/26/2010 4:46:00 PM

Dolce Vita is definitely my go to blush. If you look at the pan, it might remind you of a shade similar to red bricks but on the cheeks it's a gorgeous dusty rose color. HG material without a doubt and would definitely repurchase if I ever ran out.

on 5/7/2010 9:52:00 PM

For me, the colour is a little difficult to describe. It kind of looks like the colour of red clay. It's a warm, matte blush which suits my NC30 skin and gives it the perfect natural flush. I think it would suit most people with a warm complexion as it is buildable. Nars blushes are very well pigmented so start with a light hand if you're fair and gradually build it up to the intensity that you like. This is probably the closest blush I have to the colour my cheeks turn when I blush naturally. I would avoid it if you have a lot of redness in your skin and you don't want to accentuate that as the red tones will bring it out. If I have any breakouts I wanna disguise, I use bronzers or brown/peach blushes.

on 4/11/2010 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

My no-brainer, look good in a rush blush. Pairs nicely with a smidge of the matching L/S and a touch of clear gloss.

on 4/7/2010 11:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Coloring is revlon colorstay 380 caramel, this is my 3rd blush and I love it. Its adds a nice natural rosy color to my cheeks, I highlight with Mac MSF refined and it looks great. It's and everday go to cheek color for me and very WOC friendly.

on 3/5/2010 1:24:00 PM

This color is what I expected MAC's "pinch me" to look like. On my NC30/35 skin it makes me look like I've had a nice long make out session! I can't quite put my finger on what colour it is... I think it's a little red, a little orange and a little peachy. Well, it just looks like the colour of my cheeks after I've pinched it hard. It is very pigmented so I apply it with the NARS yachiyo brush. It really gives me that glow-from-within look that brightens up my complexion and just perks me up! I usually wear it on days I feel I look dull and need a pick me up but lately it has been my go-to blush instead of NARS' "deep throat". Maybe because it's the perfect colour to wear in summer. As far as the price goes, it's the typical price I pay for a NARS blush. I think it's worth the price for being quite a unique colour and awesome pigmentation.

on 3/3/2010 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I was not too sure about this blush when I first got it. The colour seemed a little too "dusty" and I didn't think it would look like a fresh pink rose colour on my cheeks...wrong! It's lovely! My skintone is NW45/NC50 and this shows up as a beautiful soft pink. Its a perfect warmed pink for darker skintones and does not show up muddy or brown on the skin.

on 2/18/2010 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Love Love Love this blush! Buildable color that can be sheered out as well....this like most NARS blushers is highly pigmented, this looks like a deep rose on me, NC50 for reference, again this will work on the lightest to the darkest of skintones. I'd buy this again if I needed to.

Top Rated NARS Products