August 21, 2014 | 1178 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Mascara Exceptionnel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2009 11:57:00 AM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lengthens and thickens my lashes. Brush is has 3 combs and 3 brush areas that alternate. makes lashes very dramatic..love it ...update: lasted all day no flaking or smearing! edit Jan10' starting to dry out some..still gives amazing fullness though

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

finally..... a great mascara from my Sephora 7piece mascara sampler. After 3 duds ( Bad Gal, Too faced & Sephora itself) I really really like this. The special brush works well if you roll it along the lashes with a slight pulling action. My lashes looked the longest they have been in a while.
I notice that people are in general reluctant to give mascaras a 5 (much more generous with lip glosses and stuff) I guess bec we are always looking for that one perfect mascara. Could this be better? Probably, but this deserves a 5 more than the last 8 mascaras I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by KimbraLee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the very first mascara that I have come across that does not clump. It lengthens, and seperates the lashes beautifully. Its extra black which I love. Its fabulous!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ddmsluver88

I received a sample of this product and fell in love with it when I first used it. I have very fine and short lashes (Asian) and therefore need a mascara that lengthens and volumises. This unique brush does the trick. It also lasts all day with no clumps and no smudges under the eyes or in the eye shadow area. I like the scent too! A very special product that I will be happy to purchase again. FYI - I have tried all types of mascara, from cheap to very expensive and this one is definitely the best.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 5:33:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't buy this again. The key to this mascara is a dry, lightweight formula that is lightly deposited on your lashes via their crackpot brush. This is a very fast drying formula, too. You have to have your lash comb at the ready when you use this stuff, 'cause once it sets, your lashes won't feel completely stiff to the touch but WILL be difficult in every other way. Like adding another coat, for example.

In some ways, this mascara reminds me of Shu basic. However, that mascara is superior, IMO. The brush is better, the color is a *bit* darker, and there is some light moisture in the formula. Since they are about the same price, I will go with Shu next time.

**IF you can, get a carded sample of this mascara before buying. They're out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2009 5:49:00 AM More reviews by rebdab

This mascara has proved to be better than my staple HG Diorshow, which I have been using pretty much constantly for years, with the occasional disappointing foray to try others. I'll be using this from now on. That's how good it is. Amazing thick but natural looking lashes, no clumps no smudges. Shame about the price, but that's Chanel for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ketidule

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Did nothing for the volume of my lashes. When I applied the second coat it stuck them together, so I looked like I only have 5 lashes. If you work hard with it, you can achieve certain results, but for the price, this canīt be compared to YSL volume effet faux cils. I like the quality and colour of the tint though.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by claudias

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Not impressed. The brush seems to scratch at my eyelids as no other mascara has ever done. Not much volume length or color. Sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 11:55:00 AM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have always had a love affair with Chanel mascara. This is no exception. I got a sample of it when I purchased a JC, and had to go back and buy. I have medium length lashes and dark brown in color, so I always tend to go with black. The applies smoothly and with out clumping. I don't even need to go back with my lash comb. The brush took me some time to get used to, but It really grabs all of my smaller lashes and makes them pop out. I gave this a 4 lippie because of price, but I will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 5:40:00 AM More reviews by jikla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

i love this mascara!!!i naturally have long lashes but i've been dying to find a mascara that will curl them and give them something extra..the brush is amazing!!i found from the chanel site tips for best results and it works like a charm!when i use this one everyone thinks that I'm wearing false lashes it's really fun!!i bought mine in purple i think it gives a more natural look than the black. i know it's a bit pricy but i will buy it again and again and again...