August 23, 2014 | 1755 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Powder Duo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 1:25:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

HG eyebrow product. I have almost black, sparse asian eyebrows and this is the only product I've found that doesn't have red in it. I use the shade Brunette. I use the lighter powder on the inside of my brow and slowly use the dark one on the outside of my brow. This powder is crazy pigmented. I only tap my brush in the pan and its still too much! It will last a long time. Highly recommend.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 6:46:00 PM More reviews by jojenja9

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My eyebrows have thinned at the ends (tails) because of aging. It has been very hard to find something that looks fairly natural and doesn't have color that is too dark or too orangey. My hair is platinum grey, and most blond shades tend to appear orangey. I've even tried to find grey eyeshadows to blend, but most of those glitter.

I have been using Anastasia's Ash Blonde / Taupe color. Although expensive, it's the best color I've found. I use the wax pencil before applying the powder, which really helps to set the product and tame the brows as well. I use the lighter shade on the area with the most brow and the darker on the thinner areas (the Sephora consultant gave me that tip). It is expensive, but I think that a powder shadow may work well if you get the wax pencil. I just haven't been able to find a believable color. I will buy again because of the color, and I'll always buy the wax pencil, even if I can find a cheaper powder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2011 4:18:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG brow product. My biggest problem with finding a brow product has been getting a color that isn't too brown or too black for my black eyebrows. I don't want to look like I've painted them on with liquid liner, but usually anything "lighter" than black is a deep, rich brown--not a good match. These products tended to make my brows look a bit red, and still far too dark.

I got a sample of this product and immediately fell in love. I believe they've changed the color names of some of the duos, but the one I have is a taupe-toned dark brown with a lighter, tan shade. The brown itself is the perfect color to fill in my brows without making them super dark, but it's not so grey that they look ashy or powdery. The lighter shade helps tone down the color if I happen to get a bit too much on my brush (or it helps clean up if I go outside the lines a bit). It lasts all day, doesn't migrate, doesn't react in any odd way with my oily skin. It was pretty pricey, but I've used the same set for months and have yet to hit pan in either color. I would say after almost a year, I'm not halfway through, and I use this 5-6 days a week, so the upfront cost is balanced by how much use I get out of a single purchase.

They can change the color names all they want as long as they don't make any other changes! I'll be a customer for life.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 6:05:00 AM More reviews by sophiamolina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this duo brow powder in Ash and it really last such a long time. I've had it since 2009. This is the perfect shade of powder for women with golden, yellow, and olive skintones. Let's be honest, a dark brown, gray, or black eyeliner just seems too obvious. But with this brow powder, only trained makeup connoisseurs can only tell that my eyebrows are getting help from Anastasia =)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Melis356

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome. I love it. I can wear it to work and it looks natural. Also wear it out. I have it in brunette and I use the lighter shade for work and the darker at night, or sometimes just take a brush of both. No complaints/HG!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by ulliellax

one of my biggest pet peeves is when i see people and you can tell that they drew on their eyebrows. looks dark and cartooney and sooo bad looking.

This brow powder is so natural looking when applied with a brow brush and i love that it has two colors so you can dab on a bit of both sides to get the exact right shade for your eyebrows!

i use mine every day and i've had it for little over a year now.. feels like its gonna last me forever. definitely worth the money and a overall great product that i will buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 7:20:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely HG for me, a top of the line product that does exactly what it's supposed to and looks great doing it. The colors are spot on (not too dark, absolutely no red tinge like some brown brow powders have). They go on easily and last all day. Yes, it's pricey, but it lasts forever. I would recommend this to everyone and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMyWorld21

Love it. I use this everyday. I use the lighter shade as the darker one makes my eyebrows look super scary. I've tried many brow products but only a few worked for me.A reasonable price. This is the best brow product out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by Sweetbre3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it. I've used pencils and plenty of other eyebrow powders but this has got to be the best eyebrow product out there. So natural and bold but not scary bold, just enough for people to notice your eyebrows and how nice they shape them. HG, will buy over and over.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 12:24:00 AM More reviews by sweetangel631

This powder is great for filling in the gaps at the end of my brows where the hairs grow a bit more sparsely. I've had this powder for about a year and it looks like its new. you use so little every time that i probably wont ever have to repurchase. On the price, it was $30 which is so expensive for a brow powder, sometimes I use my eyeshadows to fill in my brows and it works the same( except different texture.) this powder is silky and not chalky like eyeshadow, but i feel that it delivers a similar effect( you only notice the chalky texture in the eyeshadow when applying). Packaging is great bc its so small I can carry around with me and the compact itself is gorgeous! I think this is a great product but because of the steep price tag and the fact that my cheaper eyeshadow can do the same job, I probably wont repurchase.