August 21, 2014 | 1777 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Double Extend Beauty Tubes

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Isabellaqi

Oh my goodness. I love this mascara!!! As a girl still going to school, I'm not allowed to wear makeup because of the chemicals in makeup remover (and you need to take all of it off). I usually just wear makeup for play and shows, but my friend bought me this after raving about it at school. I love it and will never stop wearing it. It makes my lashes (and others because my friends tried it) extremely long (and I'm asian). Because I'm asian, it made my friends lashes look way better than mine, but this is still the best for me. I never use makeup remover, an I'm allowed to wear this every day. In the shower or using some soaking wet tissues, I wet my eyes and before pulling the strands/tubes off, I let them get soaked first to let them come off easily. Then I gently pull them off and it's so easy. My lashes are so soft and the threads are so soft and squishy. I love this and will never turn back!!!!!!!!!! I strongly recommend this for anyone who doesn't wear anything but mascara. My lashes are longer than normal asian lashes thanks to my constant routine of putting Vaseline on with a mascara wand every night and morning. Since I've been doing this routine for a while and I curl my lashes with eye covers, my lashes are amazing with this mascara. The primer thickens considerably. Another thing is that this is great for travel because there's no makeup remover for planes. This is water resistant, so rain won't smudge this. In fact, this mascara practically CAN'T SMUDGE AND CAN'T FLAKE!!!!!! It's amazing. I made all my friends try this because their parents can't be mad (no makeup remover and most wear makeup anyways) and some have extreme lashes (dentists ask if they're wearing fake eyelashes) and some have short lashes(blonde and short so you can't see them). They all loved it so much and were raving about how it came off easily at night, curled their lashes so much without using a curler, and how it was amazing at lengthening!!!!!!! Buy this if you have a few extra dollar!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by TishLiu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

The tubes are a cool effect, and thickens noticeably, but will not hold a curl gracefully on my straight Asian lashes. I've tried it with my Shu curler and even the beautiful curl i get with my Japonesque pocket curler, and both times the white primer goes on and it's still curled, but once I pt the black tubes on, it falls flat. As a last resort, I put my Shiseido nourishing base under it for my left eye, and this time the curl held! And the volume was 2x or 3x that of my right eye with only L'Oreal on it! However with the black tubes on it just looked like a tangled, crooked hot mess. If my Shiseido base can't save you, my dear, then I'm never using you again.

I'm sure this could be great for someone with curly lashes, but for my straight ones it just will not do.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 2:58:00 PM More reviews by cassblondie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I always come back to this mascara! I have very short lashes, and this gives me volume but especially length, which I love! I also have oily skin and oily lids, and this literally never smudges or flakes. The little tubes stay right on my lashes until they get wet. The application that works the best for me is to apply the white to both eyes, let it dry just a bit, and then go in with the black. Sometimes I will also do a second coat of the black only. I love that this lengthens my short lashes, and stays all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Heinalicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This was my favourite mascara for quite some time. It gives beautiful, long lashes that look somewhat natural. The mascara will not come off with a make up remover, only with warm water, so there are both pros and cons with that.. You have to find out what suits you:) After some time the white part of the mascara will be destroyed with clumps and "clogging" - the same will happen if you keep in hot places. I still love this product, but I'm using more volumizing mascaras now that I've managed to grow my lashes longer. This is a mascara for everyone with some extra time to put on mascara. I would recommend it for both short and long lashes, but especially for those of you with shorter lashes.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Everytime I use this mascara, I get clumpy lashes from the primer layering up in a bulky fashion, or spider lashes after I've applied the black top coat. I'll go back to L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black (HG) for now.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 8:41:00 PM More reviews by voxpop

I gave full marks on the packaging because I love the double ended mascara instead of a couple brands where you need to buy the primer separately. When I take the time to build up a good layer of the primer before applying the mascara my lashes are so long they almost look fake. I LOVE the way this washes off neatly in tubes instead of smudging and staining. This also makes it great for a night out dancing or living like I do in a place where it rains all the time. The only downside I've found is that it dries out quicker than other mascaras so I have to buy it more often then I do other products. The primer dries out too so if you try to keep using the same tube for too long it starts to go on goopy. Lucky the results are worth it up until it dries.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by YamieLynne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This mascara makes my eyelashes fall out! It also makes my eyes water. I wear contacts and have dry eyes so I have to be careful with my mascara and eyeliner. I threw this away in the trash when I removed my eye makeup last night and saw my lashes also being removed.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:04:00 PM More reviews by meadowsbr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

At this point I will wear no other mascara. For those of us who can't seem to keep our fingers off of our face there is simply nothing better. This mascara does not budge. Rub away...nothing. You will have to bawl your eyes out for this mascara to slip off.

One thing to remember is that you cannot remove this product with make up remover. You MUST saturate your lashes in water to remove it. This works best in the shower. I think this mascara makes the case for night time showers :)

As a two-ended mascara you first prime your lashes using the white end then immediately put on the mascara. Don't prime both lashes and then put mascara on. Do them one at a time. This primer does not need to set. Setting it will make you have clumpy lashes.

In terms of lenth, it lengthens, but not insanely so. In terms of volume, it volumizes, but also not insanely so. This is just a good solid fail-proof mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:41:00 AM More reviews by velvetbuurns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a great lengthening mascara. This product provides no volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by treasonous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Having had laser surgery on my eyes around 5 years ago, I now suffer from dry eye syndrome and have to regularly use eye drops. This makes mascara a nightmare for me, so I tend to use highly waterproof ones. However, recently my eyes rebelled against my current waterproof mascara - everytime I tried to take it off with an oily eye make-up remover, it went all in my eyes, making them red and sore. On the search for a new mascara, I came across this 'beauty tubes' mascara that you supposedly didn't need eye make up remover to take it off. I was intrigued, but a bit confused - i'd seen this mascara in the Loreal section for ages, but never known it was a special kind. I think the advertising/packaging could better display this fact. I was going to choose the waterproof double extend, but realised this did not have the beauty tubes aspect... So, against my better judgement, I took a risk and purchased this one.

Well.... I'm impressed. This mascara does not irritate my eyes, allows for eye drops and does not smear or go in my eyes. I found it could flake slightly, but this wasn't a huge negative. My lashes look really long with this on, although with 2 or more layers, it got a bit spidery. But the best part was taking it off! Armed with a cotton pad with warm water on, the beauty tubes came pretty much straight off when I applied pressure... leaving no residue on my lashes. This makes it brilliant for when my eyes are very dry and my mascara needs to come off during the day - I can just get some water on a cotton pad and remove them! There was no smearing of it into my eyes, so no red and irritated eyes.

I can't believe I wasn't aware of this mascara before! I have been putting up with spending 10 minutes taking off smearing waterproof mascara for years... now? 30 seconds, my lashes are completely free of all mascara. I don't have to waste money on eye make up remover now!

For anyone with dry eyes, i'd suggest giving this product a try. I use gel eye drops, and am still able to use it. For anyone else who wants to save time and money on eye make up remover, give it a shot. Honestly, I'm so impressed. Even despite it being 11, I got it in a deal of 2 for 15 at Boots... and its worth it. Very pleased.