July 30, 2014 | 2024 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Brown

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by twerpicus

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I first tried the Brown Black coloring for this product, and I was extremely disappointed! Although both versions leave my hair feeling soft and silky, I do not like the green undertone on my skin tone w/ the Brown Black...

Anyways,
after months of a hideous orange color in my hair (not my natural hair color) I decided I want my pretty dark brown hair back.
I really like the color of the Dark Brown! It matches my brows perfectly and it's like my natural hair color! I got this on sale for $3.29! What a bargain!

I love this product, but I will never dye my hair again (nothing to do with this product). I want my natural hair back; and I just wanted to dye my hair closest to it's natural hair color. Once my normal hair is back, the only dye I'll be using is Natural Rainbow Henna; because it's a beautiful natural conditioning treatment :D

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 9:57:00 PM More reviews by jmckenney2

After searching for a great haircolor and trying MANY, I think I have found a great one! I have naturally med/drk brown hair that ALWAYS gets red tones no matter what I do! But with this color so far no red. I colored it about a week ago and my hair is shinier and a beautiful color (dark brown almost black). It does have a greenish undertone which I needed to cancel out my red but if your looking for that blue undertone this isnt for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by anmutasc

I bought this product based on all the reviews on here for it. ANd every single review was completely right. This is the only hair color I will buy from now on. I have stubborn resistant greys that barely take with all the other hair colors (loreal, garnier, etc) and if they do take, they fade within a week. The revlon colorsilk made my hair the most beautiful shiny dark brown color, and it last 3 weeks until my roots started to come through!!!! There was no fading at all, the color was even throughtout, no redness...which happens with all the other colors. I cant believe something this cheap, can work this good....and why havent i found it sooner. I definetly noticed a difference with my hair texture afterwards, didnt feel as chemically treated as the others made it feel. My hair still looks healthy! Yes, the packaging isnt the greatest, the gloves are awful, but im a nurse, so bringing my own home to use for next time. Definetly suggest this product over any other hair dyes....and Ive tried them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Clouded00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

naturally i am blonde. but i haven't seen that in years. half the time i dye it hot pink and the other half i use this color. it covers up the pink right away. it doesn't damage my hair, and the conditioner is amazing. on me it pretty much doesn't fade at all. even if it did, it's 3 bucks so oh well. the color on the box is right on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by marlove

This is my HG haircolor. I always get loads of compliments when I use it (I'm very pale and am told this gives me a "Snow White" look). It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and the most gorgeous dark, dark brown. My hair is thick, coarse, and dry, but I don't have a problem with this color (just make sure you always deep condition after using!). This color has massive staying power, no fade-out or wash-out here! For the price (I got a 2 pack at Wal-Mart for $3.94) I cannot imagine a better hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just read a couple of negative review for this product, so I felt obligated to put in a good word for this stuff--I freaking love it. I have dirty blonde hair--I had highlights done long ago, but my roots were getting really loonnngg and I started feeling very trailerpark (no offense intended to anyone living in a trailer). I tried dying my hair blonder (which turned orange--ewww) and then tried to go darker on the bottom and light on top (which looked okay). Tired of blase hair, I turned 30 and decided to dye my hair dark brown. I did my research on P'ville and found this product.

I have been dying my hair with this stuff for 6 months now. I love love love it. The application is a pain in the a$$--I have really long hair and this stuff is hard to spread. I use a cheapo paint brush to apply (which really helps). It takes forever to get it on there and really messes up my bathroom. BUT, once I rinse it out and take the towel off my head, I have the prettiest shiniest dark brown hair. The color really doesn't fade--I really only have to re-dye when my blonde roots grow in (which looks really creepy--it really looks like I have gray roots growing in and ages me 20 years!) This is a pain to apply--there are no frills or gimmicks in the packaging or application. But once it's on, it is such a nice color. High five, Revlon. My hair looks like a million bucks (when it really only costs like $5).

Also, I use 2-3 boxes because I have so much hair--this really helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by hreese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could give this haircolor a zero.This stuff left my hair like straw,no shine and super dry,I don't know what else to apply to my hair to make it come back to life.The color itself was pretty bad too, dark red brown that washed down the drain until it was medium brown. Never had a problem with haircolor until this.Will continue to use my HG Nutrisse dark brown.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by 4615318

i bought this because it was on sale. i previously dyed my hair brown, but after a long break from dying, my hair looked brassy. so i decided to dye my hair to a dark brown to make my hair seem more natural.

this product damaged my hair to the point where it'll take months to repair. more importantly, my hair turned jet black!

save yourself the couple bucks and don't bother with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 More reviews by rock_chica81

I think it's about time I've written a review for this staple of mine. I've been dying my hair for many years now and have had everything from dark blonde to dark plum hair. This is the box I reach for when I want to go back to my "natural" hair color. Pros: Not at all drying. This doesn't leave my hair feeling like hay the way Garnier and Feria does. The color is a very nice deep chocolate brown without all the brassiness. I actually really like the conditioner. Leaves my hair silky. You really can't beat the price. I stocked up at Walmart when they were 2 for 3.98. Cons: I guess the gloves are flimsy and the conditioner comes in a packet and not a tube....Doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Surfinbeauty

This is my HG in hair color. I recently strayed and purchased the Medium Brown color - it was ok, but when the color faded, I was left with awful, washed-out red tones. Oops. So, back to the Dark Brown and voila! Beautiful, chocolate brown tones that perfectly match my eyes and eyebrows. I bought this on sale at Rite Aid - 2 boxes for $3.99. I'm going to stock up and never stray again!