April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk in Dark Brown

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2009 8:33:00 PM More reviews by anmutasc

I bought this product based on all the reviews on here for it. ANd every single review was completely right. This is the only hair color I will buy from now on. I have stubborn resistant greys that barely take with all the other hair colors (loreal, garnier, etc) and if they do take, they fade within a week. The revlon colorsilk made my hair the most beautiful shiny dark brown color, and it last 3 weeks until my roots started to come through!!!! There was no fading at all, the color was even throughtout, no redness...which happens with all the other colors. I cant believe something this cheap, can work this good....and why havent i found it sooner. I definetly noticed a difference with my hair texture afterwards, didnt feel as chemically treated as the others made it feel. My hair still looks healthy! Yes, the packaging isnt the greatest, the gloves are awful, but im a nurse, so bringing my own home to use for next time. Definetly suggest this product over any other hair dyes....and Ive tried them all!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2009 11:38:00 AM More reviews by Clouded00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

naturally i am blonde. but i haven't seen that in years. half the time i dye it hot pink and the other half i use this color. it covers up the pink right away. it doesn't damage my hair, and the conditioner is amazing. on me it pretty much doesn't fade at all. even if it did, it's 3 bucks so oh well. the color on the box is right on.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by marlove

This is my HG haircolor. I always get loads of compliments when I use it (I'm very pale and am told this gives me a "Snow White" look). It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and the most gorgeous dark, dark brown. My hair is thick, coarse, and dry, but I don't have a problem with this color (just make sure you always deep condition after using!). This color has massive staying power, no fade-out or wash-out here! For the price (I got a 2 pack at Wal-Mart for $3.94) I cannot imagine a better hair color.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:18:00 PM More reviews by smarie22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just read a couple of negative review for this product, so I felt obligated to put in a good word for this stuff--I freaking love it. I have dirty blonde hair--I had highlights done long ago, but my roots were getting really loonnngg and I started feeling very trailerpark (no offense intended to anyone living in a trailer). I tried dying my hair blonder (which turned orange--ewww) and then tried to go darker on the bottom and light on top (which looked okay). Tired of blase hair, I turned 30 and decided to dye my hair dark brown. I did my research on P'ville and found this product.

I have been dying my hair with this stuff for 6 months now. I love love love it. The application is a pain in the a$$--I have really long hair and this stuff is hard to spread. I use a cheapo paint brush to apply (which really helps). It takes forever to get it on there and really messes up my bathroom. BUT, once I rinse it out and take the towel off my head, I have the prettiest shiniest dark brown hair. The color really doesn't fade--I really only have to re-dye when my blonde roots grow in (which looks really creepy--it really looks like I have gray roots growing in and ages me 20 years!) This is a pain to apply--there are no frills or gimmicks in the packaging or application. But once it's on, it is such a nice color. High five, Revlon. My hair looks like a million bucks (when it really only costs like $5).

Also, I use 2-3 boxes because I have so much hair--this really helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by hreese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could give this haircolor a zero.This stuff left my hair like straw,no shine and super dry,I don't know what else to apply to my hair to make it come back to life.The color itself was pretty bad too, dark red brown that washed down the drain until it was medium brown. Never had a problem with haircolor until this.Will continue to use my HG Nutrisse dark brown.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by 4615318

i bought this because it was on sale. i previously dyed my hair brown, but after a long break from dying, my hair looked brassy. so i decided to dye my hair to a dark brown to make my hair seem more natural.

this product damaged my hair to the point where it'll take months to repair. more importantly, my hair turned jet black!

save yourself the couple bucks and don't bother with this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 More reviews by rock_chica81

I think it's about time I've written a review for this staple of mine. I've been dying my hair for many years now and have had everything from dark blonde to dark plum hair. This is the box I reach for when I want to go back to my "natural" hair color. Pros: Not at all drying. This doesn't leave my hair feeling like hay the way Garnier and Feria does. The color is a very nice deep chocolate brown without all the brassiness. I actually really like the conditioner. Leaves my hair silky. You really can't beat the price. I stocked up at Walmart when they were 2 for 3.98. Cons: I guess the gloves are flimsy and the conditioner comes in a packet and not a tube....Doesn't bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Surfinbeauty

This is my HG in hair color. I recently strayed and purchased the Medium Brown color - it was ok, but when the color faded, I was left with awful, washed-out red tones. Oops. So, back to the Dark Brown and voila! Beautiful, chocolate brown tones that perfectly match my eyes and eyebrows. I bought this on sale at Rite Aid - 2 boxes for $3.99. I'm going to stock up and never stray again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I decided to go with Colorsilk because I had a few highlights that needed to be covered up and this dye is supposed to be more gentle than other brands. The color came out dark brown with some red. I didn't like the gloves or the scent of the conditioner.
EDIT I had to recolor with Natural Instincts because this has faded so much! My roots look so much lighter and so does the top part of my head, I like my hair a rich dark brown with no red and this color is going towards medium warm brown with red .
EDIT 02/18 This dye has fried my hair out like nothing else,not even Feria dried my hair out like this, it's taking me over a month of several treatments to make my hair feel like hair again.
Will never ever stray from Natural instincts or Nutrisse.
NOVEMBER 2012: I guess I forgot all about thos review because I went ahead and used this in "light ash brown" and left my hair like straw.
JUNE 2013: used twice so far the color light ash brown and it turns my hair a beautiful dark ash brown, I leave it on roots for 45 minutes. Today I used it to cover one inch of hoots roots and now I have dark ash brown hair that is mega shiny and chocolate like, love it.
DECEMBER 19, 2013: used this today to cover some horrible medium brown that John Frieda in 4N left. In the past I've never liked Colorsilk in Dark Brown #30 but decided to give it a shot from a review that I read here on MUA and I'm glad I did. The color in the mix had a lot of purple as well as when I was washing my hair but when the color was processing on my head it looked just very dark brown, like a glass of coke. The color came out shiny and even, all pure dark bitter chocolate brown, no red and almost black, no hot roots, everything was blended seamlessly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by ksi218

I've been coloring my hair myself on and off for about 6 years. I've tried almost every at home hair color product that they sell in the drugstore but avoided the Colorsilk like the plague because of the price. There was NO WAY a box of hair color for 2.99 could be good.

I've never been satisfied with the way my hair would turn out with the other brands. It would look great for a week tops and then you could tell that the color was washing out and turning brassy. I hate a brassy brown! I came on here to figure out which hair color I would try next and after reading the rave reviews about Colorsilk I decided to give it a try.

I bought it in Dark Brown which is my natural color(I have quite a few grays even though I'm young). I applied the color hoping for the best. Once I rinsed the color and dried my hair I couldn't believe how amazing the color looked! None of the other products ever looked that good after I dried my hair. I was really excited but told myself that it would end up brassy and washed out in a week like the others.

Well it's been a month and my hair still looks amazing! There is no hint of brassiness what so ever! I have no idea how they can sell such an awesome product as cheap as they do. This is my HG hair color. I will never use anything else. The only thing that I don't care for is the cheap gloves and TINY conditioner that they provide but I can buy my own the quality of the color more then makes up for it!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No