Revlon Colorsilk in Dark Brown

4.3

on 1/20/2010 11:37:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

i first bought this color because it was the closest color to my natural color hair and i be sick and tired of my roots showing when i dye it a color not my own sooo i bought this color when it was on sale in rite aid for 2 for 5 bucks and once i applied it my hair felt like straw but once i used the conditioner it left my hair silky smooooth no lie ya! i recently dyed my hair again this color and like many of the other reviewers it left my hair jet black in the shade but a cool dark brown in the sun!

on 10/16/2009 3:47:00 AM

I love this hair dye brand, it's all I use and doesn't damage my hair much at all. However, this particular shade I hate! It literally turns my hair jet black, and I will it give it this, the color does NOT fade at all, won't budge. I've used it before and it did the same,I had to get it professionally highlighted once a month for four months to get it back to a medium brown. I decided to try it again after using soft dark brown-which DID come out dark brown but had faded alot. Probably should have stuck to that, but here I am washing my hair with dish soap and prell- 6 times now in two days- and its barely budged. If you want to do dye your hair black, this would be a really good bet becuase it doesn't have that fake "wig" like look it, it does have some very dark brown/red tones to it, but very barely.

Bottom line, this dye is great I would say for any ethnic woman such as spanish, italian, indian ect. or for anyone who wants to dye their hair a "natural" black. For girls with dark brown hair and fair skin, go for the dark soft brown of this brand.

on 9/30/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I've been using this for quite a while now. I also had the fading/red color from Garnier within 2 weeks of coloring. Well, this stuff is fabulous. The dark brown is very natural looking, does NOT fade even in the sun all day! It colors resistant gray easily and completely in half the time of Garnier.

on 7/26/2009 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I LOATHE that cheap reddish tone I used to get in my hair after other brands (Garnier) of color faded. I would re-color my whole head after about 5 weeks to get rid of the red, putting my hair through harsh treatment.

So I tried Colorsilk hoping for something different. I am very pleased. The color stays true, so I only need to do touch-ups on the roots!

PROS
-Cheaper than other brands - often on sale
-Easy to get at the drugstore
-Actually covers grey and keeps them covered!
-No harsh, cheesy red tones after a few weeks (black-brown #20)
-Really great match to my natural hair color
-My hair has remained in good condition
-One bottle is all I need

CONS
-Non yet.

INFO
-Latina with Olive Light skin tone (Everyday Minerals)
-Natural hair color is dark, dark brown (close to black)
-Long curly hair to mid-back

on 7/26/2009 9:39:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Seriously, I have tried a lot of at-home colors and this one is hands down my favorite! And for 3 bucks...wow. Number 30 (dark brown) gives a deep rich brown and completely covers the few gray hairs that I have. Easy, consistent color too. I don't usually have the patience to part my hair into sections.

Seems like they used to not provide an after color conditioner with this product. My hair would feel like straw and for that reason I stopped using it. But I have since come back to it and was very pleased to see that it now contains the silky soft conditioner. Although its only single use (as opposed to other box color that provide once a week conditioner for 6 weeks), it still makes a big difference.

Update 9/24/10: Perfect brass-free color every time! Sometimes I try other colors but I always come back to this one.

I have long hair past my shoulders and so far I've been able to get away with 1 box for full coverage. I always dampen my hair first by wetting my brush and brushing it through. It helps the color to glide on more evenly.

on 7/24/2009 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I first tried the Brown Black coloring for this product, and I was extremely disappointed! Although both versions leave my hair feeling soft and silky, I do not like the green undertone on my skin tone w/ the Brown Black...

Anyways,
after months of a hideous orange color in my hair (not my natural hair color) I decided I want my pretty dark brown hair back.
I really like the color of the Dark Brown! It matches my brows perfectly and it's like my natural hair color! I got this on sale for $3.29! What a bargain!

I love this product, but I will never dye my hair again (nothing to do with this product). I want my natural hair back; and I just wanted to dye my hair closest to it's natural hair color. Once my normal hair is back, the only dye I'll be using is Natural Rainbow Henna; because it's a beautiful natural conditioning treatment :D

on 6/28/2009 9:57:00 PM

After searching for a great haircolor and trying MANY, I think I have found a great one! I have naturally med/drk brown hair that ALWAYS gets red tones no matter what I do! But with this color so far no red. I colored it about a week ago and my hair is shinier and a beautiful color (dark brown almost black). It does have a greenish undertone which I needed to cancel out my red but if your looking for that blue undertone this isnt for you.

on 6/21/2009 8:33:00 PM

I bought this product based on all the reviews on here for it. ANd every single review was completely right. This is the only hair color I will buy from now on. I have stubborn resistant greys that barely take with all the other hair colors (loreal, garnier, etc) and if they do take, they fade within a week. The revlon colorsilk made my hair the most beautiful shiny dark brown color, and it last 3 weeks until my roots started to come through!!!! There was no fading at all, the color was even throughtout, no redness...which happens with all the other colors. I cant believe something this cheap, can work this good....and why havent i found it sooner. I definetly noticed a difference with my hair texture afterwards, didnt feel as chemically treated as the others made it feel. My hair still looks healthy! Yes, the packaging isnt the greatest, the gloves are awful, but im a nurse, so bringing my own home to use for next time. Definetly suggest this product over any other hair dyes....and Ive tried them all!

on 5/26/2009 11:38:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

naturally i am blonde. but i haven't seen that in years. half the time i dye it hot pink and the other half i use this color. it covers up the pink right away. it doesn't damage my hair, and the conditioner is amazing. on me it pretty much doesn't fade at all. even if it did, it's 3 bucks so oh well. the color on the box is right on.

on 3/31/2009 1:02:00 PM

This is my HG haircolor. I always get loads of compliments when I use it (I'm very pale and am told this gives me a "Snow White" look). It leaves my hair soft, shiny, and the most gorgeous dark, dark brown. My hair is thick, coarse, and dry, but I don't have a problem with this color (just make sure you always deep condition after using!). This color has massive staying power, no fade-out or wash-out here! For the price (I got a 2 pack at Wal-Mart for $3.94) I cannot imagine a better hair color.

Popular Hair Color Products