July 29, 2014 | 2105 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by shamcd

Been a member for a year now and this is the first review I've written. I have very long, semi-thick and semi-wavy hair. This is by far and above THE BEST conditioner I've ever used! I have a problem with fly aways and limpness (due to length) and I thought this might condition well but leave my hair weighed down....was I ever wrong. My hair is fairly healthy to begin with but after using the egg bomb on it, I swear my hair feels and looks the best it ever has. The smell is horrendous...I could barely stand it, but it was worth the queasiness. The only change I made to the recipe was adding come coconut oil. I doubled the recipe and added 2 TBSP of evoo and 2 TBSP of coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

I have used this 2, two weeks in a row and I have to say I am impressed. My hair is ultra fine and color treated so its pretty damaged. After using this, my hair felt soft and silky. Its kind of messy to use but worth it. I'm off to my hair dresser on Friday and hopefully she will agree that my hair is in better condition too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by boobie

I love this conditioner. Use it all the time again and again Great product. Made my hair feel wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love homemade beauty. This worked great on my hair. I will do this once a week from now on. My hair is fine, I bleach my base every 3 weeks so its not the healthiest. This helped with my baby hair breakage around my hair line. I can feel the difference. I used (2 egg yolks, 2 tsp honey, 1 tbsp evoo, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp castor oil, half avocado left on for hour with saran wrap then shampooed and conditioned like normal) next time I will use a riper avocado though bc it was a little chunky and made it a little difficult to rinse out.

Update 9/21/09:
I realized there is so much protein in this mask that I've been having breakage. Too much protein will make your hair brittle and snap off. Make sure you don't use this too often! Also use a moisturizing mask afterwards!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this and I think it does improve hair condition, however in my case the honey has a tendency to make my long hair get sticky and prone to getting tangled, I think I have to alter the formula a bit and use less honey. Also, I am a little paranoid about using olive oil because I have skin which can break out if exposed to the wrong things and I'm afraid to get oil on on or near my face. I didnt have any problems this time, I did try to keep the concoction strictly on my hair and not on my facial skin, but it made me nervous. Maybe next time I'll just use the egg yolk by itself? LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Ayuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concoction worked beautifully. I left it on under a shower cap for 30 min, then rinsed most of it out with cold water (don't want to cook the egg) before shampooing and conditioning as usual. After air drying, my hair was silky and tangle free. It retained the silkiness for 2 weeks afterward, despite many more washings.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/14/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by NataliaRivera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried the egg bomb on my hair once and the banana one also, i dont remember where i read that it was good to moisture your hair!! (The BANANA was the worst thing ive doned to my hair!!! I smashed and then i applied it on my hair, but then the banana oxided on my head!! It was so difficult to get it off, i was in the shower for one hour with a hair brush trying to get the banana out!! It was very stupid thing to do! hahaha But i decided to gave the banana another chance and used it on my face and i liked it!)

Ive used olive oil and it worked great, but i wanted to try it, first the scrambled egg is very liquid and difficult to apply unless you want to damp your hair with the breakfast!! when it dries it gets hard!! Oh my i was very afraid this would ruin my hair, after what it i did with the banana!! hahaha It wasnt so difficult to get it off like the banana, but it was hard since its something that moistures hair!! Those where big mistakes for my hair, i recently used the Queen Helene Cholestherol, with my John Frieda Conditioner and a little olive oil, and this really moistured my hair!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by allessandra00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst hair mask I`ve tried on my hair.I am a natural products addict.I use coconut oil, honey, olive oil everyday as face make up remover.So I know how good they are for the skin...but for my hair, this mask did nothing but dried my hair out. I have to admit I have very dry hair, it`s over processed, so maybe this isn`t strong enough for me.But for brunette girls with ..."normal" not so damaged hair it might be good, so try it out, you have nothing to lose.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2009 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Sheynalee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All I can say is WOW!! After reading all of the reviews, I decided to try this on my already healthy hair. I did not expect to see this much of a difference. My hair feels Amazing!! I don't ever need to purchase another expensive hair mask.Thank you for this recipe!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2009 7:37:00 PM More reviews by skylo0406

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't know what to expect when I tried this. I kind of figured that it would be slimy and messy and not stay on my head and smell bad. None of these things were true. The honey makes the mixture sticky enough to stay put and it was easy to apply. Can't beat the price either. It washed out very easily in the shower and didn't leave my hair the least bit greasy or smelly. It did leave it very soft and shiny. Wonderful, will be doing again and again and again. You have to try it!