December 19, 2014 | 885 users online

Conditioner - The Egg Bomb

• Price: $

Whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon honey. In a separate bowl, beat the yolk of one egg. Mix the oil/honey emulsion with the egg and saturate your hair. (double recipe for longer hair) Leave in for 30min, shampoo and condition as usual

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 10:50:00 AM More reviews by karen2829

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did this last night after coloring my hair the day before.. I used the original formula and I am soo surprised at the great results. I have fine hair that is wavy so it tends to get frizzy. When I first put it on I was afraid it was not going to wash out because it was alittle sticky.. don't be afraid.. it washes it easy with regular shampoo. Immediately I noticed how soft my hair was.. then when it dried.. I saw the shinny.. fabulous ! I suggest reading the reviews below so you can get an all round idea of everyone's experience with this treatment. One in particular mentions not to use to often because the proteins can cause breakage.. I am going to this every 2 weeks.. I will update in a month to tell you all how it's going.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 3:36:00 AM More reviews by JessicaJames

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love the egg bomb! I love homemade beauty recipes too! I have been doing this for around 6 months. Less when my hair was dark (once a month), more now that it has been lightened (two times a month). Just depends. Cheap, effective, perfection! The combination works well with my hair and washes out...which normally doesn't happen very well when I just use say, coconut oil. I think I will mess around with the mixture a bit though overall excellent protein/moisture treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The egg bomb works! I used the original recipe of 1 egg yolk, 2 tbs olive oil, and 1 tsp honey, and it was plenty to cover my thick, shoulder-length hair. I covered it with a shower cap and used the blow dryer to heat it up for a little while after I put it on. I ended up leaving it in overnight because I was too tired to wash and style it by the time I put it in. My boyfriend was over when I had it in, and I was telling him the ingredients and he said, "That sounds expensive!" I laughed and told him it was homemade so, in fact, it was dirt cheap. It actually works better than expensive products too. The next morning when I washed and styled my hair, it was extra soft and shiny. I'll definitely use this again especially since I have been switching to all natural and organic products.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2009 11:50:00 PM More reviews by dandyrandi16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OMG LOVE. My hair looks super pretty. I just bombed my hair after dying it with super drying boxed color *cough* Clairol w/ Balsam *cough* a couple of days ago. Lo and behold my hair is softer and shinier than it was before. It even made it look cuter in a pony. I can't stop touching my hair. If this was a marketed product I could totally be its spokeswoman because I have nothing but good things to say about this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2009 5:25:00 AM More reviews by shamcd

Been a member for a year now and this is the first review I've written. I have very long, semi-thick and semi-wavy hair. This is by far and above THE BEST conditioner I've ever used! I have a problem with fly aways and limpness (due to length) and I thought this might condition well but leave my hair weighed down....was I ever wrong. My hair is fairly healthy to begin with but after using the egg bomb on it, I swear my hair feels and looks the best it ever has. The smell is horrendous...I could barely stand it, but it was worth the queasiness. The only change I made to the recipe was adding come coconut oil. I doubled the recipe and added 2 TBSP of evoo and 2 TBSP of coconut oil.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 12:14:00 PM More reviews by dorilob

I have used this 2, two weeks in a row and I have to say I am impressed. My hair is ultra fine and color treated so its pretty damaged. After using this, my hair felt soft and silky. Its kind of messy to use but worth it. I'm off to my hair dresser on Friday and hopefully she will agree that my hair is in better condition too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by boobie

I love this conditioner. Use it all the time again and again Great product. Made my hair feel wonderful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by tristinbrittany

I love homemade beauty. This worked great on my hair. I will do this once a week from now on. My hair is fine, I bleach my base every 3 weeks so its not the healthiest. This helped with my baby hair breakage around my hair line. I can feel the difference. I used (2 egg yolks, 2 tsp honey, 1 tbsp evoo, 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1 tbsp castor oil, half avocado left on for hour with saran wrap then shampooed and conditioned like normal) next time I will use a riper avocado though bc it was a little chunky and made it a little difficult to rinse out.

Update 9/21/09:
I realized there is so much protein in this mask that I've been having breakage. Too much protein will make your hair brittle and snap off. Make sure you don't use this too often! Also use a moisturizing mask afterwards!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 3:13:00 PM More reviews by bellabambina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this and I think it does improve hair condition, however in my case the honey has a tendency to make my long hair get sticky and prone to getting tangled, I think I have to alter the formula a bit and use less honey. Also, I am a little paranoid about using olive oil because I have skin which can break out if exposed to the wrong things and I'm afraid to get oil on on or near my face. I didnt have any problems this time, I did try to keep the concoction strictly on my hair and not on my facial skin, but it made me nervous. Maybe next time I'll just use the egg yolk by itself? LOL

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 6:35:00 PM More reviews by Ayuri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This concoction worked beautifully. I left it on under a shower cap for 30 min, then rinsed most of it out with cold water (don't want to cook the egg) before shampooing and conditioning as usual. After air drying, my hair was silky and tangle free. It retained the silkiness for 2 weeks afterward, despite many more washings.