April 18, 2014 | 1760 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium Deep

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Shushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I was skeptical at first, because other mineral makeup (Bare Minerals) made me break out.... but I've had no such problems with MSF. I am NC37/40 - If I've been tanning, the Medium Dark starts to look too light ,so I use Medium Deep over it and it's perfect.
The coverage is so much better than I'd expect from a powder - I have very uneven skintone (lots of acne scarring) and this evens everything out wonderfully. I'm also able to build the coverage in areas I need it more.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by zepgirl6

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice powder...it looks good gives good amount of coverage and feels very light...i have sensitive skin so it has given me an occassional break out...but i realized as long as i don't use it on a daily basis i'll be fine...but i like it..just wish i could use it everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 6:42:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I use this powder everyday, the coverage is good enough so I don't need foundation. The color is perfect for summer, I usually use medium dark but medium deep gives you a nice golden tan so sometimes I don't even have to use a bronzer over my msf.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:48:00 PM More reviews by SugaCookie26

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has taken the place of Select Sheer as my HG powder. Select sheer is not very sheer at all really and gives good coverage but this is the only makeup that I've ever tried that truly feels like I'm not wearing anything at all and looks like I'm not wearing anything at all. It just looks like I have clear, smooth skin. I still use Studio Fix powder when I'm having skin issues but since my skin is pretty nice most of the time, most days it's just this and a little concealer. Really natural looking and it doesn't get shiny unless I'm doing some serious sweating. Great powder and I love the dome shape, more product for your money. I do hate that it doesn't have a mirror but that's not a big deal for me since I carry a small one anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 6:49:00 PM More reviews by nmsilva

In love with this on my NC 40 skin. I actually use it on top of Studio Fix Fluid, but only when I go out. IMO leaves skin smooth and great for pictures. I don't use it more than 3 times a week and I think that's why I don't have breakout issues because I can definitely understand that complaint if you're using it daily. My only complaint would be the packaging, the dome shape is extremely fragile, so that means no traveling.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by shoppingfreak614

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

On my NW 30 skin, i use this as a bronzer to add an allover glow.
However, this had broken me out.
I have combination skin, oily t-zones in the spring-summer. Normal in fall-winter. i do get pimples, but not mass breakouts.
I really like this, but will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 9:30:00 PM More reviews by nikkip25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i'm surprised there aren't many reviews for this product! i generally love the MSFs and their natural powders are no exception! i'm NC40+NW30 and i've been using medium plus for a while. i wanted to go a little darker so my face looks a little more tan for summer. i was debating between medium dark (caramel beige) and medium deep (rich golden tan) and settled for this one because medium dark looked too similar to medium plus. so far i am loving it. it gives me a nice bronzey glow without screaming bronzer all over my face. i need to use it for a couple more days and see if overall it is too dark during the day time.

EDIT - this powder ended up looking too "rosey" under natural light. however, its photographs amazingly! looks like i just came from a vacation. im gonna keep it as my night time going out powder. i bought medium dark and love that one as my day time powder. perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 12:36:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Everything about this is perfection! I use this as a bronzer for my NC30 skin and I don't think anything could ever work better! Gives me just enough color when applied with my 150, never streaks and isn't shimmery. It does have a really great glow about it though that makes your skin look viberant and youthful. I am in love with this product since most bronzers turn orange on me and this looks like the perfect natural tan without a hint of orange in sight! This is my HG product for sure!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 11:14:00 PM More reviews by UniqueStylz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I love how this makes your skin look so luminous! It definately gives you a nice natural glow. I'm a NC42 skin tone and this is definately a good match. The price also isn't too bad for the amount you get in the package. I bought this color because I bought the mineralize loose powder previously and couldn't remember if it was medium deep or medium dark that I bought. Well when I went home my loose powder turned out to be medium dark, but medium deep seems to work fine anyways!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2008 3:44:00 PM More reviews by krdortch

If you have any one or more of the following skin issues, DO NOT USE MAC MINERAL POWDER: sensitive skin, any type of acne prone skin (including occasional breakouts), combination skin, and oily skin because this product is NOT OIL-FREE. I contacted a MAC representative through their website and they confirmed that their mineral powder is not oil-free. Needless to say, my sensitive, mild acne prone, combination skin broke out terribly. In addition, the colors do not match skin tones well (which is surprising for MAC) and it can make even the oilest skin look dry, cakey, and unnatural.
I have been using MAC products for years and never had ANY problems with the vast majority of their products until I tried their mineral powder. I do not recommend this product to ANYONE especially since there are so many mineral makeup products out there that look and protect the skin much better.

10 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No