July 22, 2014 | 1146 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. I got a really small bottle in a pre-wrapped gift. I love the smell. It's a sort of citrusy-minty type of smell that I can't really place. It has tiny bits of salt in it that are super gentle and rinse away cleanly.

I don't use it in my hair because my hair is really dry, frizzy, curly, and somewhat coarse so I'm afraid that this will just dry it out further. However, as a body wash/scrub this stuff is awesome. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by chloecupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product and it smells lovely. It has little sea salt crystals in it and provides a gentle exfoliation, although for decent exfoliation I use a body scrub twice a week. This makes my skin feel soft and lovely though and seems to diminish stubble between shaves.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 12:29:00 PM More reviews by footballqueen07

I love this shower gel !! It's makes for the perfect post-workout shower. Gives a good soft scrub and lathers really well. I like to use it with a shower poof. While it is very nice, I don't use it often as I prefer the scents of other shower gels.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2009 10:24:00 AM More reviews by emmalaymla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love love love this stuff. A lot of people complain about the smell, but I love fresh scents like this one. I find I feel really clean when I get out of the shower and it's not too rough on my skin. I use it pretty much daily. I bought the mid size bottle and now I regret it, because I have to drive for 2 hours to get to my nearest Lush or order some more online !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2009 10:18:00 AM More reviews by emluken

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So far, I love everything from LUSH that incorporates sea salt. This body wash is no different. The smell is fresh and invigorating, kind of like a light citrus-y, sea shore scent. The salt pieces are not as chunky as in Big or Ocean Salt, so they gently exfoliate and melt in the warm shower water. This is not drying at all, and my skin is left soft and smooth.

You can also use this as shampoo in a pinch, which I've done from time to time. It doesn't foam up much, but gives your scalp a nice exfoliation and leaves hair clean and shiny. Must use conditioner afterward, though, as it can be drying.

Even though this is on the expensive side, as are all LUSH bath/shower gels, I'll buy it again. The fresh scent and salt really set it apart from the rest.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

Smells great and refreshing! just finished one bottle, will repurchase it someday!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 6:19:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually got a big bottle of this for free during a promo. Once I actually tried it out, I was hooked. It leaves me feeling so fresh and clean. I love it! No, it is not the best exfoliate, but what shower gel is? It is a great product to use in between scrubs to maintain a glow and get you extra clean. I also like to use it for pedicures and manicures. This is now a part of my shower trio: Yummy Yummy Yummy, Tramp, and Rub Rub Rub. Using any one of these will be a blissful experience.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2009 2:45:00 PM More reviews by boezoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mild body scrub. I won't use this in a shower poof because all the scrubby bits will be lost within the poof, so I decided to use with my exfoliating gloves just once per week to prep for faux tan. I like using it that way, but after reading a review below, I am going to use this from now on as a hand scrub. Sounds like a fabulous idea! The smell is refreshing, beachy, margarita/mojito-ish. It's not my favorite smell but it's nice. It is not exfoliating enough to use all over body on it's own. Might be great as a foot scrub during a pedicure too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by illeyad

PROS: (1) fresh scent that is not overwhelming- it smells like seas salt and subtle jasmine with the tiniest hint of lemon. (2) makes my skin feel super smooth and soft. (3) great for giving your hands that perfect manicured smooth feel.

Cons: (1) does not give a deep exfoliation because the sea salt melts too quickly in the water. (2) stings if applied after shaving- do not do!

Overall, this is a nice light exfoliater that is wonderful for the Summer. I appreciate that I can put on perfume after using this product without worrying about conflicting scents. I loved it for polishing up my hands after a home many, it gets rid of all the polish that gets stuck in the grove between the side of your nails and fingers. It also makes them smooth and ‘hand shakeable,’ when company arrives.

Will repurchase in future.
Happy Shopping.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2009 2:49:00 AM More reviews by yayitsanne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great scrub. At first I didn't like the smell, but it's grown on me - it smells fresh and summery; definitely better on skin than in the bottle. It's scrubby but gentle, it's not so abrasive that you can't use it daily. I like that it's in a bottle rather than a tub like most scrubs, though the opening tends to get clogged with dried salt if you don't rinse it off well after each use. I've also used it on my face (combination skin that gets dried out easily by certain products) and had good results, though I wouldn't use it more than twice a week on my face. It's similar to but actually less abrasive than Lush's Ocean Salt Scrub. Will definitely repurchase.