LUSH Rub rub rub showergel

3.6

Fine Sea Salt (Sodium Chloride), Water (Aqua), Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum), Jasmine Flower Infusion (Jasminum officinale), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Mimosa Absolute (Mimosa tenuiflora), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lactic Acid, Lauryl Betaine, *Limonene, Perfume, FD&C Blue No. 1, D&C Red 28 . *Naturally occurs in essential oils

on 6/15/2011 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

While this doesn't work so well as a scrub for me (the grains are too fine for my liking), I love how soft my skin feels after using it. I also love the scent - to my nose it's very close to Bobbi Brown Beach, but even more summery, which is why I'll use this instead of Bobbi's own Beach shower gel and scrub. This will definitely be a summer staple for me.

It's not a good exfoliator, the salt melts too quickly. It smells almost okay but it's a bit too complicated of a fragrance. It's a citrusy scent aiming to be fresh and invigorating but just comes out clinical and harsh. I HATE the jar, wish it was in a bottle - it's too runny for a jar. Won't buy again.

on 5/21/2011 11:55:00 AM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is amazing. I use this whenever my skin is in need of a good scrubbing, and let me tell you, the difference after using it is ridiculous. My boyfriend notices instantly and he is completely oblivious to 90% of the beauty things I do. My skin is super soft and very moisturized to the point where I don't want to stop touching myself xD I have this in the pot instead of the bottle, and feel a bottle would be a little better to use, but I'm content with using the pot. I just take a little scoopful and start scrubbing. I have been using the same pot for a few months now and am almost finished it, so it can be used sparingly over a few months. I even use it on my face when my normal face scrub doesn't seem to be enough. Definitely will repurchase again and again. Lush is one of my ultimate loves.

on 5/16/2011 1:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I bought this for exfoliating my skin before I go sun tanning outdoor. I expect it can exfoliate more but the sea salt melt down very fast! If you want to exfoliate everyday, it will be good because it is not a harsh scrub. But if you want a scrub which can really exfoliate, this is not good. You have to use more products to really scrub you skin to get the effect you want. After all, this showel scrub smells good and fresh.

on 4/13/2011 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

You can't get a good scrub out of this since the salt dissolves so easily in contact with wet skin. I prefer using Buffy or Aqua Mirabilis body butters for exfoliation.

on 3/30/2011 6:21:00 AM

I got the 100ml tub as part of the Hello Gorgeous gift set. I used it up quite fast, in about 4-5 showers. I think I may have used too much each time. You either love or hate the scent, I have seen reviews that it smells like toilet cleaner, and I think it does, but it also reminds me of a clean and fresh toilet after it has been washed, didn't mean to sound gross but don't we all love a nice and clean toilet?;)

on 2/20/2011 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

A wonderful bodyscrub with a fresh, uplifting and invigorating smell. My skin feels soft and clean after using it, even though it melts away quite quickly when used in the shower. A mild, soft scrub which I will definitely buy again.

on 2/15/2011 8:59:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I wish I'd read the reviews before I'd bought this, thankfully I only got the 100g size.

Rub Rub Rub is one of those dual-purpose products that completely fails to deliver. It's a terrible shower gel that doesn't lather at all and it's an inadequate body scrub because the salt is too fine-grained to exfoliate.

The bottle barely lasted me three uses and is terrible value for money. Additionally, while not a bad scent, the floral heaviness of the mimosa and jasmine doesn't work that well in conjunction with the bracing freshness of the lemon and salt though the poor performance is why I wouldn't buy again. Do yourself a favour and skip this product.

on 1/15/2011 10:47:00 PM

Got this with Winter wonderland( one of Lush's Xmas hatboxes)...what is this thing supposed to do...it smells like...nothing, doesnt lather, doesnt work as a scrub, and has nothing in its favor but that its a pretty blue..
Oh yeah and my bottle gunked up on me and i had to spend half an hour with a straw trying to get the bottom sediment of salt to mix in with the top layer of...whatever it was.
An absolute dud from Lush. They dont have many, to their credit.

on 11/27/2010 12:31:00 PM

Hate this stuff! Took it back, didn't know what I was I thinking when I tried it as the Lush counter. I guess the lady sold me. The smell didn't hit me until I showered with it at home. But to describe the scent in a nut shell, it smells like toilet bowl cleaner next to raid! And the smell will forever linger after your shower, well that's what it felt like to me. So you might as well use your household appliance cleaners as a duplicate if your interested..

Video Reviews & Tutorials