October 25, 2014 | 917 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Rub rub rub showergel

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2010 8:58:00 PM More reviews by pocky

I got this because I had heard that Rub Rub Rub smells a lot like Sakura Bathbomb, which I absolutely love. I don't know what mimosa should smell like so can't say if this shower gel has a true mimosa fragrance but if you love Sakara, you will love Rub Rub Rub. The two fragrances are very similar, but unlike Sakura, Rub Rub Rub doesn't linger on the skin after a shower. It's still a very nice fragrance and makes for a wonderful shower.

Most of us cringe when we think of putting lemon juice and salt on our precious skin, but the salt doesn't even come close to drying out my skin the way most bar soaps do, which was a pleasant surprise. My skin was silky, smooth, and soft right out of the shower. My only complaint, if you can call it that, is that this shower gel is just a shower gel. The fine sea salt dissolves instantly and can't give you much exfoliation. I actually prefer to squirt some onto a wet pouf and use it like a regular shower gel. When used this way, the shower gel lathers up rich and thick and little goes a long way. I personally would not use this as a shower scrub because it's just too expensive to waste that way. Squirt some on a pouf instead!

I have already repurchased my second bottle which should last me for a few months. This is definitely one of my favorite Lush products.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by sweetastroschick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this product, except for the very runny texture it has. but other than that i love the smell, and believe it or not, what it does to my hair! I have very oily hair and i can NEVER go a day without washing my hair without it looking like someone poured oil on my scalp lol. but this is amazing :) i will buy again!

oh and for my skin, it is so soft! but im not sure if its because or bc of the dream cream!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 12:32:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Mimosa anyone?? Yes please! Rub rub rub is a wonderful pick me up in the morning before work or school, smells lovely like a summer cocktail with lemon and orange and hints of jasmine my all time favorite scent. The bits of salt are great for scrubbing up, a little goes a long way, very foamy and exfoliates. SKIN is totally soft after. The first time I used it i was shocked at how soft my skin wassssssss! I couldnt stop touching my arms...with this I never moisturized. FOR THOSE who loved SLAMMER this is the next best thing!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2010 11:55:00 AM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

The smell was weird on this one, a bit minty but I was fine with that. I wanted to like this because it's more exfoliating than Lush's other shower gels but it was awful. I only used it once and then took it back because it burned my skin so bad, I have never had a reaction like that to any product before, it was so painful. I do have some sensitive spots on my body where I have psoriasis but it's never hurt like that before even with other salt products. I don't recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2010 9:03:00 AM More reviews by Veedebee

I love the smell of this, I have no idea where people are getting the minty fragrance, but mine smells of jasmine and mimosa, with just enough of a lemony hint to freshen it up and take that cloying smell that jasmine can give if it's overdone. I love it - Sakura in a scrub, my all time favourite scent.
I didn't find this runny at all, in fact I had to take the cap off to squeeze it out, but I think as with all Lush products, or other products that are handmade in batches, you will see a small variation in colour, consistency and scent between batches.
I found it was a perfect every day exfoliator, not too harsh but not pathetically wishy washy either, try to apply it and rub it in out of the water or the salt will obviously dissolve. Once you rub it in it starts to lather up and cleanses without drying. My skin was fabulously smooth after this, really silky. I always moisturise after bathing or showering, but had I been without one my skin would have been fine, no tightness or itchiness.
I will definately repurchase, I will be interested to try it on my hair.

Oh - it doesn't clog plugs or leave residue - yay!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by cem7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product! I wasn't a fan of the scent at first, but it grew on me quickly. I bought a big bottle for the scent alone, but by the time it was gone, all the spots on my chest and back were gone. Gone! (Admittedly, that wasn't a HUGE problem, but still!) I had to use another shower gel for a few days before I could get back to Lush to buy a new RRR, and the spots started to come back - so it's definitely this product that did it. I'm on my third or fourth big bottle now; it's pricey but worth it since it lasts so long!

Gorgeous colour, fresh floral scent, gentle exfoliation, loads of lather - what's not to love? It leaves my skin a wee bit dry, but nothing a bit of lotion can't fix. HG, for sure. Will buy this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by baxy8

I bought this product last winter when my skin was very dry. I tried to use it on a regular basis because I found that it did help my dry skin. However, the smell of it was so strong and offensive that I couldn't use it regularly without gagging. I know Lush is known for having strong scents, but this one was too much for me in a confined space (the shower) with little ventilation.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I'm not a fan, however, if you do look for a salty scrub with a "fresh" scent to it, this is the way to go. I will not buy this one again, but I didn't throw it out either. I much prefer the scrubs with little bits in, instead of salt.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by VictrixObsequens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This stuff is awesome. I got a really small bottle in a pre-wrapped gift. I love the smell. It's a sort of citrusy-minty type of smell that I can't really place. It has tiny bits of salt in it that are super gentle and rinse away cleanly.

I don't use it in my hair because my hair is really dry, frizzy, curly, and somewhat coarse so I'm afraid that this will just dry it out further. However, as a body wash/scrub this stuff is awesome. Will purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 5:51:00 PM More reviews by chloecupcakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product and it smells lovely. It has little sea salt crystals in it and provides a gentle exfoliation, although for decent exfoliation I use a body scrub twice a week. This makes my skin feel soft and lovely though and seems to diminish stubble between shaves.