Revlon Just Enough Buff

3.5

on 2/10/2010 4:58:00 PM

Looked good on Halle Berry but made me look like I needed iron supplements! All the exfoliation in the world could not prevent my lips from looking a hot peeling mess. Would not recommend

on 2/8/2010 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate the formula of this lipstick. The colour hardly shows up on my lips. Also this is supposed to be a nude lip stick but it just adds a slightly lighter shimmer to my lips. Nothing special at all.

on 2/7/2010 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Another nude lippie that I actually really like. The color looks very matte on my lips, though. I don't see much creaminess or shine when I wear this. On my lips it looks way different than it does swatched or in the tube. It looks more orange-peach in the tube and swatched but when on my lips it looks more light flesh color. Its not a moisturizing lipstick by any means...it is very dry and sort of wax-like, so it does tug more when applying...but in a way I like that too, cause I feel like it is gripping on to my lips and isn't going to slide right off. I would purchase this again, but I'm always on the look out for great nudes, from all different brands!

on 1/29/2010 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
silky finish
does not leave lips dry
i like the packaging, shows the l/s color at the top of tube
no smell or taste
gives nice nude look

Cons:
a bit too shiny
i wish it was more moisturizing

overall, i wish i wore this a bit more. i would repurchase it again if i had to for a nice neutral nude lip

on 1/29/2010 8:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

The color of this lipstick is a nice and natural apricot-y nude, but unfortunately it just seems to refuse to apply onto my lips. It doesn't glide on well and seems really hard in the tube, and to get it to show up I have to swipe it back and forth multiple times. When it does show up, it clings to any dry flakes, even after exfoliating.

ROP for pics++

As nice as it looks.... continued >>

on 1/27/2010 3:45:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

this is the first lipstick I ever bought because I'm more of a lip gloss person. I got this because I saw an ad and the lipstick looked very pretty and natural looking. When I put it on it was creamy and was a nice nude color but of course it looked better on the ad and more glossy and shiny. I'm assuming they put a gloss on her lips, and of course its all airbrushed too. So I think next time ill try putting on a gloss on top. I'm gonna try my revlon beyond natural gloss in peach cause I think the colors similiar. Also it dosent last very long on me i have to keep reapplying it.

on 12/30/2009 3:47:00 PM

I would not buy this again because I have a lipstick with a very similar colour that is my all-time favourite, Maybelline's Moisture Extreme Lip Color in Buttercup (unfortunately, the shade is now discontinued). The colour is a very nice peacy nude with yellowy undertones and has the tiniest hint of shimmer, but the shimmer does not appear on the lips. The colour looks nice in the tube, but it is very sheer on the lips, and not very glossy. It lasts quite long, but fades a bit and it can also be quite drying. However, it was on sale for $5 in a sale bin at Shoppers Drug Mart, and I had a five dollar credit for Revlon, so I paid nothing for it.

on 12/24/2009 1:06:00 AM

So disappointing. It's so sheer and it's too orangey. Makes my teeth look yellow! eww

on 12/23/2009 6:04:00 PM

Out of all the Revlon lip products i've been buying (including a bunch of Lustrous l/s, colorstay lip colors, and Rimmel lipsticks), i would say this is the only Revlon one that disappoint me the most.

The color is a very pretty nude color that by default should work as well as the other Lustrous lipsticks i have. it SHOULD be creamy and pigmented. Instead this is the only one that is not at all pigmented. It goes super sheer on my lips so that the color never ended up showing (as my lips are medium to pigmented). Unlike the other lustrous l/s, this one isn't super creamy either. It also seems to keep skipping the lines on my lips, so my lips have weird verticle blotches of l/s color, no color, and line. overall just very odd. I'm keeping it because it's not AWFUL, but i really don't see myself reaching for this at all.

Instaed i have Nude Velvet (Lustrous) and Smooth Nude (colorstay lipstick), and I know I'll be reaching those two far more (Smooth Nude is closer to Just Enough Buff shade).

I'm NC25 asian with medium to pigmented lips, for reference.

on 12/16/2009 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Bought this a while back as one of my 1st drugstore l/s. I know, I must have been sleeping under a rock or something, but I wear lip gloss rather than lipstick about 99% of the time. I love the color. I have moderately pigmented lips, so it does take a few swipes or more to make the color show up, as the formula is quite sheer. I tend to like sheer formulas, though. On it's own, it's nothing special, but paired with other colors to tone them down, it's great! It's also super-moisturizing and cheap!, which I love.

Recommended for Medium Skin