September 2, 2014 | 1912 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the sexy jasmine scent of Sexy Underwear. I don't wear perfume very often but find that this does not interfere with them at all (currently I'm into Prada and Stella McCartney). The little cocoa butter bits really soften my skin. This powder is wonderful sprinkled on sheets too! I also use some on top of my natural deodorant (either Kiss My Face or Tom's of Maine) and it keeps me dry all day. I agree with the other reviewers about the packaging - it really sucks. I keep a powder puff on top of the container and use that to apply. But its not travel friendly unless you put it in a Ziploc baggy. This is my all time favourite Lush product.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2008 1:37:00 PM More reviews by lumjiwing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is my first time using dusting powder. I personally don't like musky scent. My brother said it smelled like potpourri. But the reason I won't be buying this is probably with my sensitive skin, my aczema got worse after I applied it all over my back. I purchased it to get rid of the pimples on my upper back because of the sweat, but it just made the situation worse. Now I only apply it to where I feel more sticky in the day, like my underarms and chest and a small area on my back. But I have to say, I happened to find that the smell of my sweat mixing with the powder a bit unacceptable.

I gave it a 3 for its texture, and I agree that it is soft and silky, and I read ingredients before buying so I chose this instead of "candy fluff" because it's talc-free with cocao butter and corn starch.

The packaging is aweful. It's the worst thing that can happen to a dusting powder. why can't they just make a sifter but a big hole?

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 8:37:00 PM More reviews by AdmiralCharlie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The scent and moisturizing properties of this powder are sensational! The packaging is iffy, but I find if I keep it in a sandwich sized ziplock bag, and leave it technically "closed", I make do alright.

Being blessed with a little extra thigh meat than some, this is a summer must-have because it is the best solution to what my boyfriend so tactfully calls "chub-rub". I'll leave it at that, but if it's hot, humind and you're wearing a skirt while walking 8 miles, bring this with you!

16 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by tinnula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love love love this powder. It smells so good and, for me, the scent stays all day. It makes my skin feel so soft and seriously, the smell is amazing and girly but not overpowering.

The cons, on the other hand, are the poor packaging (which nearly everyone else has griped about) and the fact that, since it is a powder, it will get on your dark clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kuredevurld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so glad I bought this product. It has forever changed my bathing routine. I agree with the other reviewers that it's really fun to use and makes me feel very girly and glam. The way it leaves skin feeling is delicious... soft, and smooth, and completely dry. I especially enjoyed using it in the humidity this summer. It made such a difference. The smell is great, but fades way fairly quickly, which I like because I don't want it to interfere with my perfume. I like putting it on after a shower and drying off, and also anytime I just want to freshen up. Lately I dust it on before getting in bed and I'm finding I can't go to bed without it!

The one gripe I have with this, like many, is the packaging. If you actually use the powder dispenser open, sooo much falls out. So far I've just purchased a body powder puff from Ulta and I keep that on top of the dispenser. I still don't open it, and enough powder falls out to use. I am planning to get another container for it (maybe that Coty one) soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Valou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I talk about this powder in my YouTube Lush review here:

I love everything about this powder except for its lack of staying power.
Pros:
- MOISTURIZING! I mean, a powder that moisturizes? Is that not usually a contradiction in terms? Leaves my skin absolutely creamy!
-Fragrance: more cocoa than jasmine, but that's fine, it's a soft and musky cocoa-jasmine mix, which is quite original and nice in it's own way

Cons:
- fragrance fades almost immediately unless I stick my nose to my skin
- packaging (almost impossible to dispense only a little at a time)

Overall, if I have to own only one body powder, this is it. Will definitely, repurchase when the time comes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tiffyteo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love all the Jasmine stuff from Lush so I had to try. Got this and the perfume solid. Love this way better than the solid, but neither have great staying power. Feels good on, perfect for summer. Love the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. It's ridiculously pricey (considering baby powder does almost as good of a job minus the scent) but it's just so sexy and lovely to wear. It's such a super soft, silky powder with a sweet and delicate fragrance (jasmine - don't buy if you dislike jasmine). This is my special-occasion powder...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

terrible packaging, but a lovely soft and silky powder that makes my skin smooth. the scent is fairly mild, which is good, because it doesn't compete with your perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

Love this powder, it is so soft and silky and I love the smell. As others have said though the packaging is terrible, mine seems to leak if tilted over so I have to put it in a baggie for travel.