April 19, 2014 | 1762 users online

Powders - LUSH - Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2008 7:35:00 PM More reviews by tinnula

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love love love this powder. It smells so good and, for me, the scent stays all day. It makes my skin feel so soft and seriously, the smell is amazing and girly but not overpowering.

The cons, on the other hand, are the poor packaging (which nearly everyone else has griped about) and the fact that, since it is a powder, it will get on your dark clothes.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2008 8:16:00 PM More reviews by kuredevurld

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am so glad I bought this product. It has forever changed my bathing routine. I agree with the other reviewers that it's really fun to use and makes me feel very girly and glam. The way it leaves skin feeling is delicious... soft, and smooth, and completely dry. I especially enjoyed using it in the humidity this summer. It made such a difference. The smell is great, but fades way fairly quickly, which I like because I don't want it to interfere with my perfume. I like putting it on after a shower and drying off, and also anytime I just want to freshen up. Lately I dust it on before getting in bed and I'm finding I can't go to bed without it!

The one gripe I have with this, like many, is the packaging. If you actually use the powder dispenser open, sooo much falls out. So far I've just purchased a body powder puff from Ulta and I keep that on top of the dispenser. I still don't open it, and enough powder falls out to use. I am planning to get another container for it (maybe that Coty one) soon.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:37:00 PM More reviews by Valou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I talk about this powder in my YouTube Lush review here:

I love everything about this powder except for its lack of staying power.
Pros:
- MOISTURIZING! I mean, a powder that moisturizes? Is that not usually a contradiction in terms? Leaves my skin absolutely creamy!
-Fragrance: more cocoa than jasmine, but that's fine, it's a soft and musky cocoa-jasmine mix, which is quite original and nice in it's own way

Cons:
- fragrance fades almost immediately unless I stick my nose to my skin
- packaging (almost impossible to dispense only a little at a time)

Overall, if I have to own only one body powder, this is it. Will definitely, repurchase when the time comes.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2008 12:43:00 AM More reviews by tiffyteo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love all the Jasmine stuff from Lush so I had to try. Got this and the perfume solid. Love this way better than the solid, but neither have great staying power. Feels good on, perfect for summer. Love the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 7:28:00 PM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. It's ridiculously pricey (considering baby powder does almost as good of a job minus the scent) but it's just so sexy and lovely to wear. It's such a super soft, silky powder with a sweet and delicate fragrance (jasmine - don't buy if you dislike jasmine). This is my special-occasion powder...

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:31:00 PM More reviews by no_regrets_coyote

terrible packaging, but a lovely soft and silky powder that makes my skin smooth. the scent is fairly mild, which is good, because it doesn't compete with your perfume.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

Love this powder, it is so soft and silky and I love the smell. As others have said though the packaging is terrible, mine seems to leak if tilted over so I have to put it in a baggie for travel.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by FadetoSparkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have a love/hate relationship with LUSH but in my opinion, this is their best body product. It's small but that little sucker is so moisturizing! It smells good but I mainly love the fact that it leaves me really soft, perfect for those days where you feel rough and dry.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by likeshesaid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was an impulse buy since my roommate worked at Lush and I received major discounts on anything I wanted. I loved the way this smells however the packaging is annoying and needs to be re-done. If you love jasmine, you'll love this. Overall, it's a nice fun item that's different but not something I would spend money on again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2008 7:19:00 PM More reviews by KittySkyfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Oh, how I love my Silky Underwear! To me it smells like it came from the beach - delicate jasmine, a touch of green and the creamy, almost coconutty coco butter. It's so lush!! The texture is smooth and softening, and the scent is low-key and incredibly cuddly. The packaging is awful, tho. Not only is it hard to control how much comes out, the metal base can rust and leave rust stains on the counter if left in damp areas. :P