LUSH Silky Underwear Dusting Powder

4.3

Cornstarch (Zea mays), Kaolin, Fair Trade Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Magnesium Carbonate, Perfume, Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale), Vetivert Oil (Vetiveria zizanoides), *Linalool.

on 12/19/2008 11:06:00 AM

I bought this because I love the SU scent. It feels silky smooth on just like I'd expect a powder to. However...I don't see much need for a powder and don't end up using it very much. Therefore I won't buy it again. But the scent and feel are great and I'd recommend this to someone who knows they love to use these types of powders.

on 12/9/2008 1:29:00 PM

I love how this product smells but I really don't use powder that often. It does make your skin soft and silky. I use it pre workout and have never had any issues with clumping. I would use this again, but mainly for the scent.

I love putting on powder after a bath or shower. I saw the reviews of this product on this site and they were very positive. The powder smells very good and it makes your skin feel very soft. The scent is not very strong or overpowering. The powder contains tiny grains of cocoa butter which helps moisturize your skin. I usually use Shower to Shower powder but this powder is better in quality. The one thing that may keep me buying Shower to Shower is the price. Silky Underwear cost about $11.25 for a 3.5oz container. I will purchase this again when I want to splurge on powder.

on 10/31/2008 4:31:00 PM

I am in love with this powder! The powder is indeed like silk, I just love the way this feels on my skin. The scent is very light and I wish it lasted longer, but it's very sensuous when DH needs to lean in very close to get a good sniff because he loves the smell ;-)

The major drawback of this is the packaging, as others have said. Since I've purchased this, I've been trying to figure out what else I could put it in to make it easier to apply without wasting the powder. So far what works is I keep the lid fully closed and just shake the container over a soft powder puff. Enough comes out, but I wish it was a little bit more. Definitely too much comes out even when I uncover only two of the shaker holes. This is far too messy for me to use in the morning because of the poor packaging, so I find it better to use at night near the bed because it's an extra bonus if a little ends up on the sheets :-)

I will definitely repurchase, but I hope at some point they come up with better packaging for this!

on 10/10/2008 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I love the sexy jasmine scent of Sexy Underwear. I don't wear perfume very often but find that this does not interfere with them at all (currently I'm into Prada and Stella McCartney). The little cocoa butter bits really soften my skin. This powder is wonderful sprinkled on sheets too! I also use some on top of my natural deodorant (either Kiss My Face or Tom's of Maine) and it keeps me dry all day. I agree with the other reviewers about the packaging - it really sucks. I keep a powder puff on top of the container and use that to apply. But its not travel friendly unless you put it in a Ziploc baggy. This is my all time favourite Lush product.

on 10/3/2008 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is my first time using dusting powder. I personally don't like musky scent. My brother said it smelled like potpourri. But the reason I won't be buying this is probably with my sensitive skin, my aczema got worse after I applied it all over my back. I purchased it to get rid of the pimples on my upper back because of the sweat, but it just made the situation worse. Now I only apply it to where I feel more sticky in the day, like my underarms and chest and a small area on my back. But I have to say, I happened to find that the smell of my sweat mixing with the powder a bit unacceptable.

I gave it a 3 for its texture, and I agree that it is soft and silky, and I read ingredients before buying so I chose this instead of "candy fluff" because it's talc-free with cocao butter and corn starch.

The packaging is aweful. It's the worst thing that can happen to a dusting powder. why can't they just make a sifter but a big hole?

The scent and moisturizing properties of this powder are sensational! The packaging is iffy, but I find if I keep it in a sandwich sized ziplock bag, and leave it technically "closed", I make do alright.

Being blessed with a little extra thigh meat than some, this is a summer must-have because it is the best solution to what my boyfriend so tactfully calls "chub-rub". I'll leave it at that, but if it's hot, humind and you're wearing a skirt while walking 8 miles, bring this with you!

on 9/5/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love love love this powder. It smells so good and, for me, the scent stays all day. It makes my skin feel so soft and seriously, the smell is amazing and girly but not overpowering.

The cons, on the other hand, are the poor packaging (which nearly everyone else has griped about) and the fact that, since it is a powder, it will get on your dark clothes.

on 9/2/2008 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I am so glad I bought this product. It has forever changed my bathing routine. I agree with the other reviewers that it's really fun to use and makes me feel very girly and glam. The way it leaves skin feeling is delicious... soft, and smooth, and completely dry. I especially enjoyed using it in the humidity this summer. It made such a difference. The smell is great, but fades way fairly quickly, which I like because I don't want it to interfere with my perfume. I like putting it on after a shower and drying off, and also anytime I just want to freshen up. Lately I dust it on before getting in bed and I'm finding I can't go to bed without it!

The one gripe I have with this, like many, is the packaging. If you actually use the powder dispenser open, sooo much falls out. So far I've just purchased a body powder puff from Ulta and I keep that on top of the dispenser. I still don't open it, and enough powder falls out to use. I am planning to get another container for it (maybe that Coty one) soon.

on 8/30/2008 10:37:00 PM

I talk about this powder in my YouTube Lush review here:

I love everything about this powder except for its lack of staying power.
Pros:
- MOISTURIZING! I mean, a powder that moisturizes? Is that not usually a contradiction in terms? Leaves my skin absolutely creamy!
-Fragrance: more cocoa than jasmine, but that's fine, it's a soft and musky cocoa-jasmine mix, which is quite original and nice in it's own way

Cons:
- fragrance fades almost immediately unless I stick my nose to my skin
- packaging (almost impossible to dispense only a little at a time)

Overall, if I have to own only one body powder, this is it. Will definitely, repurchase when the time comes.