December 19, 2014 | 1560 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Dazzleglass in Funtabulous

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by ahhhttack

This is just so pretty. I am not usually a fan of MAC lipgloss, but I'm a huuuge glitter/shimmer freak so I had to try a few Dazzleglasses. Funtabulous is pretty sheer, as are most Dazzleglasses, but it deposits the most beautiful violet/pink shimmer to your lips. I am actually appreciative of MACs usually sticky formula for these glasses, as it helps keep the glitter in place. This would look fabulous over any pink or purple toned lipstick. The only problem I have with the Dazzleglasses is that their brush is too small and pointy for my lips. I am so glad these are going to be permanent now, I'm officially in love. Definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by foxy_brown

Loving this color. on me it is a purple/blue/pink. Looks gorgeous against my dark skin (NW 50). It's a bit much for the work environment but is a great going out color. I hope this does become a permanent color in Mac's line. Unlike lipglasses this is not sticky, yet it still has staying power. I think the container and applicator are great i just wish you would get a little more considering the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by makeup_queen81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love all the Dazzleglass's..I only bought Funtabulous and Comet Blue.

The color is amazing..the reflects are the reason why I feel in love with these. They are kinda sheer, so i like to put them over lipstick..and then they look even more amazing..It sparkles so much when light hits your lips..

The only thing that i don't like about them is that the tube looks so large, but you actaully only get 1.92 g of product, where as with lipglass your get 4.8 g of product...thats not even half, and Dazzleglass cost $2.50 more than lipglass..But i do think MAC should make these permentant instead of LE

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 4:45:00 PM More reviews by CarlaN

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

“Funtabulous” Dazzleglass is, well, be-dazzling!

The color of “Funtabulous” is described on the MAC site as “purple with violet pearl.”

Well, sorta.

At least to me, “Funtabulous” is “very sheer magenta, with magenta pearl.”

If you’re familiar with the color of the foil in which dark chocolate Hershey kisses are wrapped, that’s pretty close to the color of “Funtabulous,” at least in the tube. Used alone on the lips, “Funtabulous” imparts very little, if any, color. I think Dazzleglasses are most useful as lipstick top coats, and for that use they’re terrific.

I’m wearing “Funtabulous” now over MAC “Rebel” lipstick, and it’s stunning, especially in natural daylight, where the myriad tiny blue and purplish sparkles are most visible.For all the sparkle in“Funtabulous,” there is, amazingly, NO gritty feel. In taste(vanilla), texture(sticky and emollient) and wear(fairly tenacious for a gloss), Dazzleglasses are like extra shiny Lipglasses. I do like the fact that Dazzleglasses feature a brush applicator, instead of the standard sponge-tip.
I’d eagerly buy “Funtabulous” and other Dazzleglasses again if they weren’t LE.I think MAC should make them permanent.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2008 8:32:00 PM More reviews by karrieleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*PIC BELOW*

I originally only bought Glamour OD and really wasn't blown away by it and wrote the other Dazzleglass off. After seeing some great pics and raves about other colors, I decided to give them another try, so I ordered two more: Funtabulous and Rags to Riches. I'm glad I gave them another look, these are a bit better.

Color: Funtabulous reminds me of a more vivid, ever so slightly more pigmented, and more glittery version of another all time fave gloss of mine: Beauty Rush Cupquake. It's a violet purple with some pink and blue glitter. It gives a coolish violet hint to the lips and the glitter gives it out of control shine without being gritty. I can see this looking really awesome over a bright pink but has worked well for me alone.

Texture: I find this one a bit less sticky and tricky to apply than Rags to Riches with it's slightly frosty sheen. This one if very jelly/clear looking with the glitter shining through easily. I feel like I get a more easy application and more comfortable wear if I apply the slightest bit of Rosebud Salve or another slippy balm in a very small amount under the gloss. This also prevents the stubborn glitter from clinging on for dear life to your lips once the gloss is gone.

Packaging: My first one of these was a goopy mess at the top of the tube, it oooooozed out everywhere and i've wasted a lot of it, but these last two i've bought have been a lot better. I like the shiny glass tube, (even though it doesn't hold as much as the smaller regular lipglass tube) because the glitter just POPS out at you.

Wear: This wears decently as it's quite sticky, and if you don't wear a balm underneath, the glitter just hangs on to your lips forever. They're pretty decent in this respect, but I've used a couple glosses with better staying power.

Price: I think that $16.50 for less product than is in regular sized MAC lipglasses is kind of a ripoff, but it's not bad if you only want a couple as they're pretty unique.

Overall: I'm glad that I gave them a chance and purchased a couple more, but I'll stick with the three I have. I like this, but like Rags to Riches, I will definitely get some use out of it, but eventually the stickyness plus the novelty of the glitter will cease to work their magic on me i'm sure. I much prefer the Galaxy collection glossimers because they have similar glitter, but are so smooth and silky and last much longer without being glitter overkill.

Funtabulous on top, Rags to Riches on bottom
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so in LOVE with these glosses! I have read so many great reviews and the colors on the website are just to die for! I went to MAC yesterday and got the chance to see them for myself and now I want them all! I bought two yesterday: Comet Blue and Funtabulous. Funtabulous looks like a flashy, glittery, over-the-top blue-toned purple color in the tube. It reminds me of my roller skate wheels I had when I was a kid in the 80's. The glitter itself has a certain depth to it that almost looks opalescent. But when I put it on my lips last night, the color looked like a soft fuchsia-based pink with a touch of purple. The shimmer is awesome and made my lips look so shiny and full! I did not feel any 'glittery chunks' either. The shimmer is bold yet not tacky. I looks flattering, not pre-teen. The gloss lasted a looooong time and felt quite moisturizing too. I had this on when I went to the gym at the end of the work day and it stayed on until I washed my face. I can totally see myself getting very addicted to these. Too bad they are LE!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by babydials

This is a very sparkly fairly subtle fuchsia blue pink. It is very flattering on my fair to medium cool side of neutral complexion and does not make my teeth look yellow. Like all the Dazzleglasses, it is sticky but it stays put, even through dinner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xMzxPrEcIoUsx

Funtabulous is described as a purple with violet pearl from the MAC website and looks like a medium violet red in the tube. I wear MAC's Paintpot in Painterly on my lips as a base and then I apply this gloss; it is the prettiest color ever! If worn with a nude base, it looks like a light fuchsia pink with tons of glitter and shine! If just worn on the lips, it looks more like my natural lip color with a hint of that violet color and tons of glittery shine! Either way looks great! I hear people talking about the sticky consistency but I personally don't have a problem with it. The smell is great... just like any of MAC's lipglasses with that hint of vanilla. The color payoff is decent, but I see it as a clear gloss but with tons of colored glitters in it that gives it that pigment on the lips. The lasting power is decent... I ate lunch and the color was still on my lips afterwards with a base... even so, there were still shine on my lips. If these were permanent, I would most likely repurchase or give other colors under the same collection a try. I also have Comet Blue. I highly recommend these lipglasses as they're sooo glittery and shiny and LE!

Please click "continued" for a picture of me wearing Funtabulous! Also, I have a picture of Comet Blue and Funtabulous in my profile if you want to take a look.

MAC Dazzleglass in Funtabulous with Painterly as a base on lips used; MAC Parfait Amour, MAC Graphology, MAC Naked Lunch, and NYX Frosted Lilac e/s used continued >>

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No