November 24, 2014 | 1179 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got cold unpressed avocado oil off ebay and have been using for a week so will come back to update if I have any adverse reactions, but so far I use it at night (not daytime, you'll burn). This works better for drier skin types. Cleared up dry patches and some scars are lighter. Oily so I only use a little bit. A bit thick for an oil so best applied right after showers. I use it for face and body for nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a bottle from the local health food store--for $5!!!!--after reading all the positive reviews. My skin is dry so I don't have to worry about the acne problem some are complaining about. For me, this oil is an anti-aging miracle-worker. I apply it to my face every night. I used to--that's right, USED TO--have noticeable forehead and laugh lines. I can barely see them now. Plus my skin and lips are soft and supple. I have tried MANY expensive creams with minimal results. Nothing has worked like this oil and it is so very cheap. My one complaint--which I'm quite willing to put up with--is that it's greasy and takes a while to absord into the skin. Thus, I only put it on at night and first pin my bangs back so they too don't get greased. Often, to dilute the oil, I'll rinse my face first and then apply the oil while my face is still wet. Then I'll blot my face to remove the excess.
BRILLIANT STUFF!!!
****Adding update here. This time round I bought the avocado oil in the food section instead of the beauty section at the health food store. It's actually cheaper as well as greener and has a distinct smell. I THINK it's actually does more for my skin than the beauty bottled stuff..seems to absorb better and makes my skin softer but I can't swear that this is a fact. But, considering it's cheaper in the food isle, I'll stick to the green stuff.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by rubylarue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this for my hair and skin. I mix it with melted shea butter, and essential oils.
Makes my skin very soft - even my heels and cuticles. Easy and natural. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JAMBAM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was led to both EVOO and jojoba oil through the reviews here and have been happy with both, especially jojoba oil. But with avocado oil I really feel like I've been led astray by the reviews. Not all, but a good portion of the many reviews make a distinction between processed and cold pressed unprocessed avocado oil and say that the cold pressed unprocessed is of a completely different color and texture.

This just didn't fit reality for me at all. I live in a major city, with multiple branches of Whole Foods, other health food stores etc. Found nothing but processed avocado oil, yes even at Whole Foods. So I ordered the cold pressed unprocessed online from two different reliable vendors. Color and texture exactly the same as the processed i got off the shelf. So I just don't get it. Really feel like a fool and like I was led into a wild goose chase by the hype.

The oil is ok. But I found nothing to recommend it over olive and jojoba oil, which I already like, hence my answer "no" to would I buy it again. It's certainly not worth sending away for some "special" kind of avocado oil that the reviews say you are supposed to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my hair, not on my skin (too prone to clogged pores).

I have tried many oils for my dry, frizzy hair. It's long (mid-back) and prone to breakage because I leave it down all the time. I have found avocado oil to be the best for my hair (better than coconut, jojoba, apricot kernel, monoi, ...etc)
I oil my hair overnight 2 times a week (the night before washing) and my hair has improved tremendously from this. My hair is super soft, manageable and not frizzy or poofy (I always air-dry my hair).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

after reading the reviews on here i decided to give avocado oil a go. I bought extra virgin cold pressed avocado oil in the oil section of my supermarket. It was a riduclous low price... i think about 500ml for AUS $6.

Ive been using avocado oil for a month, on my face and on my body and wow! but wow only for body. Avocado oil is absorbs quickly into your body its amazing. your still a abit greasy but its not bad. I put in on after i shower and then i go to bed. When i wake up in the morning i have baby soft skin... like i said wow!! This is a fantstic moisturiser for your skin and its all natural.

I have put it on my face because my hands are still only when i moisturise my body.it also makes you skin super soft in the morning. My only problem, i noticed lately which daily use my skin tended to break out more. I got alot of small white heads forming all over my face (not terribly but enough for me to notice my skin was ggoing a bit awry and its usually super manageable). So ive decided to only use this stuff once a week for my face.

Overall its a fantastic body moisturier, cheap and baby soft skin awaits you!. The packaging can be a hassle as its a cooking oil glass bottle so you have to careful you dont pour too much out. This might work well as a face moistutirse if you have super dry skin. I dont have dry skin so maybe that why it was causing me to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have a bottle of this. It's not pure (I think there are some essential oils in there to give it a good smell, though it's kept a nice green colour.)
I initially used it on my skin, alone or with essential oils (teatree, lavender, etc.) and at night it does a pretty good job as a moisturiser. I don't think it broke me out, and as long as I don't put too much it doesn't feel greasy - or maybe a little in the morning, but then I wash it off and it's fine. My skin tends to look pretty good afterwards.
It seems to work even better on hair though. I have long-ish, rather thick hair which can get frizzy, at least right after I've washed it. Now that I rub some avocado oil into my wet hair after washing it, I have rather less frizz and my hair manages to lie flat, without feeling greasy either (though of course I try not to put too much - and not on dry hair.) I've actually received compliments on my hair, and I think it is indeed shinier than before.
Heartily recommended.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/2/2010 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Bella08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for my body as a lotion but not good for my face. Worked well at first gave me glowy soft skin, and within 3 days I broke out all over my chin and cheek area. Now I only use on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK!! WOOOW How is this possible?? I mean first of all, I must say that I have a skin that breaks out with EVERYTHING, I usually only buy good/expensive cosmetics since I believe that good things can't bee accessible for everyone right?..... anyway

That's why I never thought AVOCADO OIL would be a good moisturizer, so I just never tried it, until last night. I thought "Oh well...... let's see" I bought organic Avocado Oil and used it as a normal moisturizer.

GUYS!! My skin is glowing!! almost perfect AND OVERNIGHT. Do u believe in miracles?? Well I don't, but this is definitely the closest to a miracle:

-All redness gone
-White heads gone
-OILY SKIN GONE (I don't know HOW but It even absorbs all the oil in my face)

Today I just look at my self and can't stop admiring my skin, Never had this results with any brand, U NAME IT. Try this!!! U have nothing to loose. I write very few reviews here, but when something is very good, I like to spread the word.

UPDATE: This is just ridiculous! I can't believe Avocado Oil has always been the answer, I now have a very beautiful skin and I get SO MANY compliments about my skin, when I tell them my secret no one believes me, I used to have very bad acne and oily skin, now I have baby skin :'D I really hope everyone tries this and see how amazing this oil is for the human skin

15 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2010 6:13:00 PM More reviews by alisonkeir

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is an amazing oil that I would never have discovered if it weren't for searching through all the "Unlisted Brand" products for natural remedies. Thanks, ladies! I use this at night, sometimes alone, sometimes layering over Chagrin Valley whipped shea butter, which I highly recommend as well.
I have tried numerous oils--olive, jojoba, coconut, and some others I've blocked out--and had terrible luck with all of them. My skin is very dry, very sensitive (seborrheic dermatitis), prone to clogged pores and mild breakouts, and hyperpigmented. In short, a constant frustration. This is highly moisturizing (not recommended for oily skin), and doesn't make me break out or cause irritation. It does seem to slowly even skin tone and plump it up. You can read about its composition online to get an idea of why it's so beneficial for the skin.
Do not get Aura Cacia--I totally don't trust that brand anymore--it claims on the bottle that it is "minimally refined," which is completely untrue. Avocado oil should be deep green, buttery, and have a distinctive smell. Aura Cacia's is yellow, has no smell, has a different texture, and they added Vit. E to prevent rancidity. In order to refine it to this level, it may have been heated to up to 450 degrees, winterized, and was definitely bleached, deodorized, etc. So it's sort of like eating Fritos and expecting it to be as nutritious as actual corn, you know? I got Bella Vado (cold-pressed)--they make an oil and a soap, which is also good. (I'm not affiliated with them in any way). Usually the real deal will be in the edible oils section, not the beauty section, or online.
If you've tried other oils, and they haven't worked, give this one a chance--they are all completely different in composition, which is why some are so fabulous for certain people, and terrible for others. Mountain Rose Herbs has a very informative website with a complete breakdown of all the major oils!
Edit: I noticed my skin was breaking out more, so I stopped using the soap, and then the oil. I think every day was just too much. I do miss the good qualities of the oil, though, so I think I'll try using it a few times a week to see how that goes...
(Oh, and if any oil just seems to "sit" on your skin, rather than being absorbed, it helps to apply it to damp or lightly misted skin).

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No