December 22, 2014 | 1059 users online

Moisturizers - Avocado Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 1/24/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lche

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading glowing reviews I was very excited about this! However this made my dry cheeks go berserk, swell up and itchy. The texture of my skin became very uneven, bumpy (but very tiny red bumps that gave the impression of swelling unless you were looking very closely) and tender. The only my forehead and neck (the oily/normal) areas of skin did not change.

I recommended you patch test this overnight. Don't be fooled about how nice it feels on the skin or that your skin will adapt if your skin complains.

However it wasn't a complete waste of money because it tastes very nice and helped repair my inflamed skin by being drizzled over salad.

I bought melrose, organic avocado oil. It cost about $16.50 AU for smallish bottle. I feel it is on the expensive side but considering how expensive avocados are and it was organic it is to be expected.

For those that are unfortunate like me, I repaired the damage by slathering on dermeze eczema lotion and Hydraderm (sigma) cream.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by alicjakrol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. I use it on my (sparingly) on freshly washed and still damp face and I get no breakouts. Skin is very soft. Same effects as jojoba oil, just not as expensive.

I have tried this on my hair, which is fine to medium, and I find it too heavy. I prefer using jojoba oil on my hair.

Also, a few people asked why this helps control their oily skin: if skin is harshly washed (depending on each person) and dry, your skin will naturally produce oil (aka sebum) to compensate. Since you are appling oil on your face, you are replenishing the lost oil during washing, so your face will not need to overcompensate.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2010 10:33:00 PM More reviews by winwoodgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using avocado oil as my nightly facial moisturizer for the past three months. Beautiful stuff. I cannot belive how it makes my skin glow. It's also smoothed out a few lines on my forehead . My skin is so soft too. I love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I got cold unpressed avocado oil off ebay and have been using for a week so will come back to update if I have any adverse reactions, but so far I use it at night (not daytime, you'll burn). This works better for drier skin types. Cleared up dry patches and some scars are lighter. Oily so I only use a little bit. A bit thick for an oil so best applied right after showers. I use it for face and body for nighttime.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2010 4:10:00 PM More reviews by harriss

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought a bottle from the local health food store--for $5!!!!--after reading all the positive reviews. My skin is dry so I don't have to worry about the acne problem some are complaining about. For me, this oil is an anti-aging miracle-worker. I apply it to my face every night. I used to--that's right, USED TO--have noticeable forehead and laugh lines. I can barely see them now. Plus my skin and lips are soft and supple. I have tried MANY expensive creams with minimal results. Nothing has worked like this oil and it is so very cheap. My one complaint--which I'm quite willing to put up with--is that it's greasy and takes a while to absord into the skin. Thus, I only put it on at night and first pin my bangs back so they too don't get greased. Often, to dilute the oil, I'll rinse my face first and then apply the oil while my face is still wet. Then I'll blot my face to remove the excess.
BRILLIANT STUFF!!!
****Adding update here. This time round I bought the avocado oil in the food section instead of the beauty section at the health food store. It's actually cheaper as well as greener and has a distinct smell. I THINK it's actually does more for my skin than the beauty bottled stuff..seems to absorb better and makes my skin softer but I can't swear that this is a fact. But, considering it's cheaper in the food isle, I'll stick to the green stuff.

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by rubylarue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really love this for my hair and skin. I mix it with melted shea butter, and essential oils.
Makes my skin very soft - even my heels and cuticles. Easy and natural. Love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/20/2010 5:19:00 PM More reviews by JAMBAM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was led to both EVOO and jojoba oil through the reviews here and have been happy with both, especially jojoba oil. But with avocado oil I really feel like I've been led astray by the reviews. Not all, but a good portion of the many reviews make a distinction between processed and cold pressed unprocessed avocado oil and say that the cold pressed unprocessed is of a completely different color and texture.

This just didn't fit reality for me at all. I live in a major city, with multiple branches of Whole Foods, other health food stores etc. Found nothing but processed avocado oil, yes even at Whole Foods. So I ordered the cold pressed unprocessed online from two different reliable vendors. Color and texture exactly the same as the processed i got off the shelf. So I just don't get it. Really feel like a fool and like I was led into a wild goose chase by the hype.

The oil is ok. But I found nothing to recommend it over olive and jojoba oil, which I already like, hence my answer "no" to would I buy it again. It's certainly not worth sending away for some "special" kind of avocado oil that the reviews say you are supposed to get.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by Sara_1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this on my hair, not on my skin (too prone to clogged pores).

I have tried many oils for my dry, frizzy hair. It's long (mid-back) and prone to breakage because I leave it down all the time. I have found avocado oil to be the best for my hair (better than coconut, jojoba, apricot kernel, monoi, ...etc)
I oil my hair overnight 2 times a week (the night before washing) and my hair has improved tremendously from this. My hair is super soft, manageable and not frizzy or poofy (I always air-dry my hair).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 4:30:00 AM More reviews by hoangrl

after reading the reviews on here i decided to give avocado oil a go. I bought extra virgin cold pressed avocado oil in the oil section of my supermarket. It was a riduclous low price... i think about 500ml for AUS $6.

Ive been using avocado oil for a month, on my face and on my body and wow! but wow only for body. Avocado oil is absorbs quickly into your body its amazing. your still a abit greasy but its not bad. I put in on after i shower and then i go to bed. When i wake up in the morning i have baby soft skin... like i said wow!! This is a fantstic moisturiser for your skin and its all natural.

I have put it on my face because my hands are still only when i moisturise my body.it also makes you skin super soft in the morning. My only problem, i noticed lately which daily use my skin tended to break out more. I got alot of small white heads forming all over my face (not terribly but enough for me to notice my skin was ggoing a bit awry and its usually super manageable). So ive decided to only use this stuff once a week for my face.

Overall its a fantastic body moisturier, cheap and baby soft skin awaits you!. The packaging can be a hassle as its a cooking oil glass bottle so you have to careful you dont pour too much out. This might work well as a face moistutirse if you have super dry skin. I dont have dry skin so maybe that why it was causing me to break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Dinghy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I have a bottle of this. It's not pure (I think there are some essential oils in there to give it a good smell, though it's kept a nice green colour.)
I initially used it on my skin, alone or with essential oils (teatree, lavender, etc.) and at night it does a pretty good job as a moisturiser. I don't think it broke me out, and as long as I don't put too much it doesn't feel greasy - or maybe a little in the morning, but then I wash it off and it's fine. My skin tends to look pretty good afterwards.
It seems to work even better on hair though. I have long-ish, rather thick hair which can get frizzy, at least right after I've washed it. Now that I rub some avocado oil into my wet hair after washing it, I have rather less frizz and my hair manages to lie flat, without feeling greasy either (though of course I try not to put too much - and not on dry hair.) I've actually received compliments on my hair, and I think it is indeed shinier than before.
Heartily recommended.