December 21, 2014 | 893 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 3:47:00 AM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

There really isn't much I can say that hasn't already been written many, many times. I will, however, say this for anyone that is plagued with PCOS skin problems:

Don't feel defeated by the stubborn cystic acne. The egg whites mask will not get rid of all the cysts, but it WILL help. Surprisingly, the egg whites really ease the pain of some of the bumps. Seriously, there have been times that it was so painful that I couldn't get to sleep at night. But, when I started to apply the egg whites to the irritated areas, the pain was greatly decreased, and sometimes gone completely. And upon washing the whites off the following morning, the area would look less irritated. This is probably the easiest and most inexpensive help you will get for your skin. This CAN be over drying for some skin types. Just apply directly to the problem area only, and you should be fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by hep

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I add honey(an antibacterial and skin softener) to this mask when I use it. I love it, works great! Though I do have to used moisturizer immediately after.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this mask for over 30 years now, and it has never let me down. Also it's probably the ONLY mask that I would feel comfortable using the day or evening of a big event. I've never had it break me out or cause redness. I love the instant face lift effect and brightening effect that this natural remedy gives. My all time favorite beauty treat. And I've tried to many to count.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by smplyro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the GREATEST most CHEAPEST mask i have ever used.
(If you can steam your face before using it that can help to open up pores.) I separated the egg white from the egg yolk and whisked it for about 30 seconds to a minute (til it gets a little frothy) then i applied it to my face using a foundation brush. I then put toilet paper on piece by piece then i went back over the tissue with more of the egg white. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes (it gets very tight) then i pulled it off and washed my face. You instantly see the difference with your face and it makes your skin SUPER SOFT. Its awesome and best of all its dirt cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by aintanothaguru

I normally do the tissue paper trick. I apply some egg white and then put tissue papers on and when it dries, I peel it off. My skin feels really soft and smooth. You do need to moisturize a little bit after using this. I enjoy doing this but sadly, this breaks me out. Now I've at least 3 painful pimples on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jessicaflox

I read about egg whites as a mask on MUA, tried it, and really like it. It tightens pores and makes blackheads easy to extract. I tried it because I wanted to try the Merle Norman Miracol revitalizing cream mask which is mainly egg whites, but can't buy it here in Australia. See also my review on the Merle Norman product. The only downside is that you have to crack an egg to make the mask, and only need a tiny bit. I've been making lots of muffins and omlettes as a result. I'm going to try and buy egg white powder and use this instead. Again it's harder to get this in Australia than it is in the USA, but no doubt I will find it at a health food shop or cake decorating supply store. Will add a review on egg white powder once I try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Greendelirium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

shrinks pores so nicely, I love using this mask. leaves skin so soft and smooth- radiant even!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this after reading reviews on here. I don't have problems with acne but my pores had gotten noticeably bigger.
Well after doing this mask 5 times a week for a few weeks now they are noticeably quite a bit smaller and my complexion looks so nice.
I whip up the white with some honey and apply it with a foundation brush that I use only for masks. After it dries I rinse off and combine the yellow with some honey and apply the same way. After that dries I usually just get in the shower to make sure everything washs totally off. It's kinda gross but well worth it. Works better than any other mask, store bought or spa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have been using an egg white mask once a week for about 3 weeks now and I do notice the results afterwards. Simply separate the yolk and white of the egg and lightly beat the egg whites. Using an old foundation brush, brush an even layer of this on your face and wait till dry. (Your face should feel a bit tight), wash off with warm water and cleanser if you prefer and then with the yolk, apply that also with the same foundation brush used earlier in an even layer on skin and wait for a good 3-5 min. Wash all the egg yolk off and finish with you favourite moisturiser. After the mask, I notice that my pores appear alot smaller, my skin looks brighter and feels so much smoother. Alot of my blackheads are also reduced and the egg white also helps to reduce the oil on my T-Zone. Definitely try this out if your prone to breakouts. It's worth using and is super cheap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mangopancake88

I slather egg whites on my face 2-3 times a week. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes and by that time it would have hardened on the skin to a similar consistency of a clay mask. Then wash it off with my normal cleanser and follow with moisturiser.

It does wonders for skin brightening helping my skin to stay smooth, soft, healthy and radiant. However, Iím yet to see results to support the claims that eggs tighten the skin, and reduce pore size and whiten skin.

I like how it does not irritate my skin and itís all natural and an inexpensive skincare alternative.