October 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Masks - Egg White Mask for Acne

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2011 2:00:00 AM More reviews by aintanothaguru

I normally do the tissue paper trick. I apply some egg white and then put tissue papers on and when it dries, I peel it off. My skin feels really soft and smooth. You do need to moisturize a little bit after using this. I enjoy doing this but sadly, this breaks me out. Now I've at least 3 painful pimples on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by jessicaflox

I read about egg whites as a mask on MUA, tried it, and really like it. It tightens pores and makes blackheads easy to extract. I tried it because I wanted to try the Merle Norman Miracol revitalizing cream mask which is mainly egg whites, but can't buy it here in Australia. See also my review on the Merle Norman product. The only downside is that you have to crack an egg to make the mask, and only need a tiny bit. I've been making lots of muffins and omlettes as a result. I'm going to try and buy egg white powder and use this instead. Again it's harder to get this in Australia than it is in the USA, but no doubt I will find it at a health food shop or cake decorating supply store. Will add a review on egg white powder once I try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by Greendelirium

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

shrinks pores so nicely, I love using this mask. leaves skin so soft and smooth- radiant even!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2011 5:05:00 AM More reviews by missichicki

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I decided to try this after reading reviews on here. I don't have problems with acne but my pores had gotten noticeably bigger.
Well after doing this mask 5 times a week for a few weeks now they are noticeably quite a bit smaller and my complexion looks so nice.
I whip up the white with some honey and apply it with a foundation brush that I use only for masks. After it dries I rinse off and combine the yellow with some honey and apply the same way. After that dries I usually just get in the shower to make sure everything washs totally off. It's kinda gross but well worth it. Works better than any other mask, store bought or spa.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have been using an egg white mask once a week for about 3 weeks now and I do notice the results afterwards. Simply separate the yolk and white of the egg and lightly beat the egg whites. Using an old foundation brush, brush an even layer of this on your face and wait till dry. (Your face should feel a bit tight), wash off with warm water and cleanser if you prefer and then with the yolk, apply that also with the same foundation brush used earlier in an even layer on skin and wait for a good 3-5 min. Wash all the egg yolk off and finish with you favourite moisturiser. After the mask, I notice that my pores appear alot smaller, my skin looks brighter and feels so much smoother. Alot of my blackheads are also reduced and the egg white also helps to reduce the oil on my T-Zone. Definitely try this out if your prone to breakouts. It's worth using and is super cheap!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by mangopancake88

I slather egg whites on my face 2-3 times a week. I leave it on for 15-20 minutes and by that time it would have hardened on the skin to a similar consistency of a clay mask. Then wash it off with my normal cleanser and follow with moisturiser.

It does wonders for skin brightening helping my skin to stay smooth, soft, healthy and radiant. However, Iím yet to see results to support the claims that eggs tighten the skin, and reduce pore size and whiten skin.

I like how it does not irritate my skin and itís all natural and an inexpensive skincare alternative.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Adriana265

I don't have acne, but I am rather blemish-prone (I have sensitive skin that reacts to just about everything). I also have normal/combo oily skin. My main purpose in using egg whites is for skin lightening, but I do like the added bonus of it controlling any oils in my t-zone.

I take some fresh egg whites, and a teaspoon of honey and mix evenly. I apply the mask with a clean foundation brush and sit and watch TV until I feel the mask drying, then rinse off with water. Whilst my skin doesn't look amazingly refreshed afterwards, I notice a reduction of oil on my face, and a reduction in the pores on my nose.

After that, I use the remaining egg yolk - apply it on my face and leave for 20 mins or so. The egg yolk is rich in lecithin, glycerin trinitrate fat, and vitellin; these things are found in some skin whitening products. Anyway, after 20 mins I rinse off with my regular cleanser and then moisturise with a thermal water spray.

My skin is left looking brighter and more plump with hydration. After using for a few months, I noticed my complexion become lighter and more even. Combined with my other skin lightening products (papaya soap, high SPF sunscreen & lemon masks), my skin is now so much whiter. I used to be an NC42-44 and am now between an NC25-30. Skin whitening the natural way!

I'd definately recommend those interested in oil control to try out the egg white mask, and those interested in moisture and skin lightening the egg yolk mask.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2010 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The good old egg white masks will never go out of style. I used this along with rice paste (crush rice to pulpy white and add hot water) for pimples during my teen and adolescent years. These days I like to add drops of Thayer's toners: lemon for more astringent and oomph, for instance. This works better as a weekly treatment and make sure to apply toner or moisturizer after rinsing off. Highly effective in oil control and tightening pores, but can be drying which can lead to more problems.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by lye013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

An egg white mask does amazing things for my skin! It makes my pores appear smaller, aborbs excess oil and softens my skin! I do this usually once every week or fortnight and leaves my skin feeling super good. Never going back to store brought masks with all the nasty chemicals, sticking to good old eggs from now on. Super affordable too!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

My mom used to make me do this as a child, but back then I didn't care about my skin and got lazy.
Years later, and after seeing so many reviews, I decided to give it a shot again.
I've been using it around 3 days now, and my skin is a lot less red and less oilier. I don't know if it has done anything for my acne, since I don't have a lot of breakouts.
But! It's cheap and works for me! :)