Egg White Mask for Acne

Price: $

Price: $

egg whites

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I mix a bit of egg whites with freshly used coffee grounds in the morning and leave the mask on my face for 5-10 min. The egg whites brighten my complexion and help clear and shrink pores, while the coffee grounds help de-puff my face when I retain extra water and also double as exfoliating beads when it's time to rinse the mask off. My skin definitely looks and feels smoother and softer after this mask- and it's so cheap and easy to make sinc I make coffee every morning and have eggs in the fridge anyway. I love it!

on 6/24/2011 3:40:00 AM

I tried this today for the first time after reading reviews on MUA and am well impressed by how effective it is at reducing the size of large pores on my nose. It was surprisingly easy to remove too and left my skin feeling nice and clean. Will definitely be using on a regular basis from now on!

on 6/17/2011 3:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

There really isn't much I can say that hasn't already been written many, many times. I will, however, say this for anyone that is plagued with PCOS skin problems:

Don't feel defeated by the stubborn cystic acne. The egg whites mask will not get rid of all the cysts, but it WILL help. Surprisingly, the egg whites really ease the pain of some of the bumps. Seriously, there have been times that it was so painful that I couldn't get to sleep at night. But, when I started to apply the egg whites to the irritated areas, the pain was greatly decreased, and sometimes gone completely. And upon washing the whites off the following morning, the area would look less irritated. This is probably the easiest and most inexpensive help you will get for your skin. This CAN be over drying for some skin types. Just apply directly to the problem area only, and you should be fine.

on 6/15/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I add honey(an antibacterial and skin softener) to this mask when I use it. I love it, works great! Though I do have to used moisturizer immediately after.

on 6/15/2011 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this mask for over 30 years now, and it has never let me down. Also it's probably the ONLY mask that I would feel comfortable using the day or evening of a big event. I've never had it break me out or cause redness. I love the instant face lift effect and brightening effect that this natural remedy gives. My all time favorite beauty treat. And I've tried to many to count.

on 6/15/2011 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

This is the GREATEST most CHEAPEST mask i have ever used.
(If you can steam your face before using it that can help to open up pores.) I separated the egg white from the egg yolk and whisked it for about 30 seconds to a minute (til it gets a little frothy) then i applied it to my face using a foundation brush. I then put toilet paper on piece by piece then i went back over the tissue with more of the egg white. Let it sit for about 20-30 minutes (it gets very tight) then i pulled it off and washed my face. You instantly see the difference with your face and it makes your skin SUPER SOFT. Its awesome and best of all its dirt cheap.

I normally do the tissue paper trick. I apply some egg white and then put tissue papers on and when it dries, I peel it off. My skin feels really soft and smooth. You do need to moisturize a little bit after using this. I enjoy doing this but sadly, this breaks me out. Now I've at least 3 painful pimples on my face.

on 5/31/2011 1:52:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I read about egg whites as a mask on MUA, tried it, and really like it. It tightens pores and makes blackheads easy to extract. I tried it because I wanted to try the Merle Norman Miracol revitalizing cream mask which is mainly egg whites, but can't buy it here in Australia. See also my review on the Merle Norman product. The only downside is that you have to crack an egg to make the mask, and only need a tiny bit. I've been making lots of muffins and omlettes as a result. I'm going to try and buy egg white powder and use this instead. Again it's harder to get this in Australia than it is in the USA, but no doubt I will find it at a health food shop or cake decorating supply store. Will add a review on egg white powder once I try it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

shrinks pores so nicely, I love using this mask. leaves skin so soft and smooth- radiant even!

on 4/4/2011 5:05:00 AM

I decided to try this after reading reviews on here. I don't have problems with acne but my pores had gotten noticeably bigger.
Well after doing this mask 5 times a week for a few weeks now they are noticeably quite a bit smaller and my complexion looks so nice.
I whip up the white with some honey and apply it with a foundation brush that I use only for masks. After it dries I rinse off and combine the yellow with some honey and apply the same way. After that dries I usually just get in the shower to make sure everything washs totally off. It's kinda gross but well worth it. Works better than any other mask, store bought or spa.

Popular Masks