Jane Iredale Handi Brush

4.8

Not tested on animals

on 9/11/2009 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This brush deserves a special mention. I've had mine since 2001. I have used it every single day (whether I am using JI products or not), and it is as soft as when I first bought it, despite countless washings. Even though I use those blunt tips against my skin, it never stings, and there has been absolutely no shedding. I love the almost-unvarnished handle, which allows for easy gripping (unlike some brushes that are slippery).

I cannot recommend this brush highly enough for pressed powder and blush application. I even use it to lightly distribute Make Up Forever High Definition Powder to the tops of cheekbones and at the top of my forehead. I adore this brush, and even though I say I'd buy again, I doubt I will need to because it is so well made.

on 8/19/2009 11:41:00 AM

Awesome brush. It feels so nice and smooth and the skin and does not irritate my sensitive skin at all. I never thought I'd write a review of a brush, but this one deserves it! It is lovely.

on 5/7/2009 5:44:00 PM

As a person who works with and sells Jane Iredale products, I cannot tell you how many times I reach for this little miracle in the course of the day. Perfect for all powders, give your eye's a light sweep after applying eyeshadow, small and compact, the list goes on. I recommend this to all of my clients for applying the Amazing base, Pressed Powder, blending in Dream Tint or the Liquid Foundation. I have never had one customer unhappy with their purchase and it can also be used with the 24k gold for the body if you want a bit more of an intense sheen. Try it with the gold dust in your hair, it works.

on 5/6/2009 3:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This little brush is a life-saver.
i use it to apply my daily mineral make up (jane iredale's amazing base, colour ivory)
it gives an amazing smooth and natural finish
no hairs fall out of the brush which is also awesome (i have had this problem heaps of times with good quality brushes in the past)
i am yet to have found a more efficient brush
the price is fine considering if you take good care of it (i recommend washing it with a mild cleanser, not shampoo and as a daily measure, using JI's mist to keep it hygienic.)
this brush allows you to build up just the right amount of coverage.
it's wonderful
does not clog pores and i have no reaction to the alleged squirrel and pony hair that its made from
total thumbs up, a purchase you WILL NOT regret :)

on 4/24/2009 5:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this product. The bristles are very smooth and it doesn't tug my skin like other brushes tend to do. It picked up the right amount of powder, and blends really well! I'm very pleased with it!

on 2/24/2009 12:32:00 AM

I bought this brush when I purchased the Jane Iredale pressed mineral fountation powder. (Sorry, that's not the correct name of the product...but something like that) Anyhow, I used the brush with the powder and loved it. I am no longer using the powder, I found that for the price, it didnt go very far. I now use this brush with my Philosophy Air Brushed Canvas mineral foundation powder. I kind of pat on the powder using the attached sponge applicator, then buff off the excess with the Jane Iredale Handi brush. Well worth every penny!

on 2/11/2009 2:51:00 PM

This brush is great with Jane Iredale's Pressed Powder Foundation. It also works well when used to set concealer with powder. Best make-up brush I own and worth the price.

on 12/30/2008 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Definitely an all-purpose brush...It applies powder and buffs it gently into your face...You can also use it to apply bronzer and blush. You can put this brush (with a convenient case) into your bag and be ready for touch ups any time....If needed, I would definiteley buy it again.

on 10/15/2008 6:10:00 AM

I was originally a tight ass as I didn't want to pay $78AUD for the brush so I bought another which looked like the handi brush (same flat top). What a waste of money as it left tons of hair all over my face. So when I found this brush on ebay for $55AUD I snapped it up. This is still expensive for a brush but it is very worth it.

A beautiful, soft brush with minimal shedding it deposits the right amount of product and leaves me looking very natural, smooth and poreless. I use this with Jane Iredale's pure ressed base. This is a winning combination.

on 9/27/2008 9:33:00 AM

I noticed I had not yet written a review on this one and I really have to Very high quality brush, I use it everyday with my loose mineral foundation and its the best! Extremely soft & spreads the powder very well. Im so glad I found this!

Top Rated Jane Iredale Products