December 19, 2014 | 1697 users online

Loose Powders - Make Up For Ever - HD High Definition Microfinish Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2013 11:45:00 AM More reviews by thegoldengirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I reluctantly said that I would repurchase this if I ran out or lost it because for the most part that's true. I wanted a translucent powder that would keep shine at bay but NOT add more color to my face. This is that powder. Yes it's silica. Yes, it just glides onto the skin and doesn't sit in lines or pores (at least not for me). Yes, a little (and I DO mean a LITTLE) goes a really long way. Yes, it's been my experience that it does leave a white cast on your face, that really is only visible in pictures that use flash. If someone were looking at your (well my) face, they would see nothing, just a great shine free face. Pictures without flash are fine as well (in my experience).

So here's the deal with this powder. You HAVE to know how to use it, meaning application is most important, and that takes trial and error. I've found that big fluffy brushes are ok, but you want something a bit more dense and you want to really kind of buff this powder into your skin. Not hard core buff like you would do with your foundation, but definitely think flat top brush or kabuki, less big fluffy powder brush. I mean I know it's a powder, which would lead one to want to use a powder brush, but honestly something more dense would be your best bet.

The other thing that's trial and error is the amount. You really really do NOT need a lot of this powder, otherwise you WILL look white/pale/cakey.

ETA: I ended up returning this. It was just too messy and I found myself afraid to use it, just in case someone took my picture and I looked like a ghost. I'm using some of the Ben Nye powders to set my foundation instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2013 10:12:00 AM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I live in south Florida (hot & humid) and my face is combination, acne-prone, and sensitive. Before trying this product, I used a MUFE HD foundation with MAC powder over it. I saw a smaller size of this available near the checkout counter at Sephora for $16 so I decided to try it because I suspected my MAC powder was making me break out. Now, this is my holy grail setting powder. It matches any skin tone because it is translucent. I find that it manages the oilier spots on my face and doesn't make the dryer parts stand out. It makes my makeup last all day (at least 10 hours) and keeps my skin looking flawless because it sets the liquid foundation very well. I like the packaging because I tap a little bit of the powder into the lid and use a big fluffy brush to apply from there. The smaller container I bought has lasted me almost a year and it looks as though I have used almost half of it. I definitely recommend this and will keep buying this myself.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by glamorgurlbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

When I first got this I didn't love it at all I hated it!,it gave me a white overcast to my face....but I kept giving it chances and reliesed it wasn't the product it was me I never blended it in properly you have to buff it in and it is just flawless!

PROS:
-not cakey
-makes my foundation stay in place all day
-makes my skin feel soft and smooth
-the small container last you about 6 months!

Cons:
-if you don't blend it in properly it makes you look ashy

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:47:00 PM More reviews by AdrienneStarr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I have really oily skin, especially during the Spring and Summer months. Heat and humidity are direct adversaries of my fresh finish that I leave the house with in the mornings so I was on the hunt to find a loose powder to combat my shine...MUFE HD Microfinish has been the most helpful in doing so thus far. It definitely sets my make up beautifully to a smooth finish and I also will say that its performance as far as controlling oil is commendable, at best. I'm almost sure y'all have heard horror stories of the "white cast" curse associated with this product. Personally, I haven't experienced it but have seen some YouTube vidz and pics that confirm this complaint. BUT you can minimize the appearance of the white cast by applying the powder very lightly and with a stippling brush (MAC187) or any stippling brush you can get your hands on for that matter. I used this to finish my face over my Garnier BB Cream (combo/oily skin), but have yet to use it over my ALL TIME fave foundation: CG Queen 3 in 1. Although, I doubt that it would change the performance of this powder since CG 3 in 1 is spectacular.
This powder is expensive (approx $38 @ Sephora), but it's not so bad because it will last a long time considering that you don't need much at all to achieve your desired look. It's very finely milled and lightweight on your skin. Therefore, I give it a commendable rating; however, I will continue to shop around for something that may be a little less expensive and that won't potentially leave a white/ashy cast when taking flash photos. Definitely worth a try at least. BTW, get the travel sized container if you can because it's half the price of the full size and will last a while also.
~Adrienne Starr

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2013 8:46:00 AM More reviews by LeeSays

Absolutely awful. I visited Sephora one day to see if I could find a finishing powder that rivals MAC's prep and prime, and was recommended MUFE HD loose powder.

Every single I wore it, it emphasized dry patches I didn't even know I had and did not do ANYTHING in terms of oil control or keeping my makeup looking fresh. Terrible product overall!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2013 12:35:00 AM More reviews by aleachhunter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is very expensive, but it lasts for a long time. It really does wonders for setting my makeup and creating a nice finish, even for my very-dry skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Karidinka

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This takes 10 years of my face... OK, maybe not in direct sunlight ;) Great product, but ridiculously overpriced. Like many others, I have discovered cheaper alternatives, ex. pure silica powder form Coastal Scents.

5 lippies for performance, 1 for price, giving an average of 3 lippies.

I won't repurchase, why pay more if you can get it cheaper? There's no magic to this product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 6:27:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried this but the flashback problem in photos is horrible then I heard of Eshiko Ultra HD powder which I prefer, it's similar but much much finer, gives much more radiance with no flashback problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by emilyhannelx3

Come on this stuff is fabulous. I have the mini version to carry around in my makeup bag, and the big one on my vanity as my go-to for finishing a look. I see such a difference in my skin after I apply this. It's my final step, and I apply it with a light hand, and a soft, fluffy brush. My skin really does look and stay flawless all day. I have oily skin, and it mattifies me as well. If I see some shine throughout the day, I sweep some on and am saved! One of my favorite products, and you don't have to use alot at all, so it will last a very long time. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Tindra78

Keeps my skin matte!! Compared to my old favourite B.E. mineral veil, this is much more mattifying, BUT there is a risk of looking "dead" if you put on too much! Cornstarch also does minimize pores a little, silica does not refine the surface in that way at all.... It ONLY takes away shine. I have acne skin with enlarged pores almost everywhere, so right now I mix this with the mineral veil on some areas.

Silica can also be very drying, and I didn't thought I could wear it at all. When I put it on in the morning the skin can feel a little tight, so you have to moisturize a lot before...

The powder is white as milk, but it works on my NC 15 skin.... But I guess you'll have to try it before you buy it, if you have darker skin...cause it is a little "white"...

But overall I like it, even if i'd wish that it would minimize pores a little more.