August 20, 2014 | 1450 users online

Brows - Milani - Brow Fix Brow Kit

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2012 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Triscuits

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had this little brow kit for many many years, and I have and do use it very often (i.e. not exclusively, but at least once a week, usually more, and this kit often ends up my daily make-up routine for lengthy periods of time). I've barely made a dent in either brow shadow despite the frequent use over the years, and the highlight color hasn't hit pan yet, but has a noticeable dent in it from a fair amount of use as a brow highlight.

It was so long ago that I bought this kit that I guess I forgot it came with tweezers, lol, yeah, those are definitely long gone. I've also lost the angled brush applicator, but I don't miss that at all, I remember the bristles being floppy and didn't pick up enough product and I had to repeatedly pick up more in the process of filling in a brow. The little spongetip applicator is still in my kit, but I'm not sure why it's still around since I never use that either.

For reference, my hair is naturally a level 6 (dark blonde in technical terms, but more like a med-dark brown in laymen terms) and am an auburn-brown color with a strong red cast/undertone, not orange or yellow casts/undertones (i.e. not a carrot top or copper top or whatever, but my haircolor is more like a Julia roberts kind of red-head, or Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond, and **not** a Grace from Will and Grace kind of red-head).
I don't color my hair anymore, and have had my natural haircolor all grown out for the past 3-4 years or so. Come to think of it, I think I've had this same Milani brow kit back when I was still coloring my hair, egad that's a long time. Anyway, I digress.
I use the darker brown color more often than the lighter color, and I find the results look very natural with the darker color.
I use the lighter color whenever I happen upon the advice in magazines or youtube tutorials saying that your brows should be a shade or two lighter (or filled in with a color that is a shade or two lighter) than your haircolor. Maybe that advice is true, I certainly don't want to look like those 60+ year old women I see around every once in a while who look like they've drawn their brows on with a black sharpie marker. But I find the lighter color looks more like I have product in my brows and less polished, rather than looking like polished natural brows. The lighter color also seems a little brassy on me (i.e. has a yellow cast), it's not terrible, but the color and/or undertone is "off" just enough to affect my confidence.
The darker brow color, oth, is neutral med-dark brown, not too ashy or too warm, and just makes my brows look slightly fuller, as well as filling in the more sparse areas making them blend well with my natural brow.
The end result of the darker color is my brows are equally as dark as my haircolor, but are neither "red" nor "taupe"(ashy). Just, a nice neutral brown that makes my brows look polished but are not the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror, which is a plus in my book.
I quite like the highlight color, it's a slightly dewy-looking shimmery cream color, not very opaque but the effect of the shimmer is nice and natural-looking. I've used it quite a number of times as a wash, and it gives a very nice effect, esp. when you're in a hurry and just want to look somewhat polished with little effort.
For reference, the other brow products in my rotation are a bare minerals brow powder (a little too auburn for my liking, but still nice, have had that one for years as well); and Perfekt brow gel in caramel (Love, but a touch too coppery for my liking).
I decided to write this review given that at the moment I'm really interested in the Milani brow pen, lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Beautylover101

Well, to start off this product is nice and compact but does not last me all day during school, during school, I find that it wears off after a couple of hours and can look very cakey, I love the highlight color and I also use the soft brown as as nose contour color, I wish you could get Milani in Ireland, there is better brow kits but this will do the job :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Stacieeelovesit

I purchased this brow kit about half a year ago and use it on and off. I've always used the Wet N' Wild brow kits and that is still my favorite but I thought I'd give the Milani kit a try. It was pretty average to me, I believed it came in 2 or 3 color kits. I bought the darker one, I should've gotten the lighter one probably.

The powder from this kit was a bit more fine and "powdery" than what I'd prefer and the brush itself I found to be too soft and could have been a little more firm for brow shaping.

This kit does come with a pair of mini tweezers which actually works pretty well. Other than that, the color of the powders were more on the ashy brown side rather than golden brown, which some people might like and others like me, not so much.

I probably won't repurchase this product again, not because its not good just because I prefer the Wet'N'Wild kit better and it's cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by MrsFeige

I'm not sure if the brow fix kit comes in different colors all i have ever seen is light blonde. so that's the one that i have. i love it so much. i use it in conjunction with the milani brow pencil...i use the lighter shade all over and then the darker shade on a thin angled brush to define the bottom. its a creamy powder, not chalky at all and it stays forever! with that combo i mentioned, i can SLEEP in my brows and they are on the next morning. i would DEFINITELY recommend the brow fix kit.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2012 5:29:00 PM More reviews by gmaco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this brow kit and have implemented this in my everyday makeup routine. I normally have dark brown hair but have recently dyed it to a light brown. I have this kit in medium and it is perfect with either hair color. The biggest problem I had with brow powders is the darn red undertone! This shade does not have it at all! I only use the tools if im in a pinch but they aren't that great. There's plenty of product left and I won't be needing to repurchase this in a while!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2012 11:58:00 AM More reviews by biggirl20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just got into filling my brows. I was going to but the Ardell brow powder but I wanted to give Milani a try. This product does the job and works wonders. I got it in dark(03), I am have black eyebrows, brown skin, and my forehead/eyebrow region tends to get oily. I was kinda susceptible to the colors, since one looked like a red-brown and the other a grayish color. However, blending the colors together produces, surprisingly, a natural looking brown-black color. It stays on throughout the day even through the onslaught of oil coming from my forehead.

The packaging is adorable and very practical. I didn't even notice the mirror, which is a nice plus. I love the angular brush, it works great and its small so it you can apply with precision. I don't use the tweezers or the sponge applicator, but they may come in handy one day.

Overall, this is a great product and I do recommend buying this ($7 is an investment).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by turtlesaurus

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is awesome in so many ways! Im usually not picky about packaging but i love the fact that it comes with all the utensils you need to get lovely brows - even cute mini tweezers-... as well as seperate compartments to put them all. Due to oily skin, i could never find a pencil or brow shadow that would still look natural by the end of the day. The color would always kinda morph into something of an orangy looking color and bunch up making it super obvious that i fill in my brows. But finally i do not have to deal with this problem anymore! I got this in 01 light and thought it might not be dark enough but its absolutly perfect! I think i paid around 6 dollars for it, which considering the great results, all the applicators, and how long i can already tell this product is going to last .. is an absolute steal! Thanks Milani, I will be buying this as long as its being made!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2012 1:39:00 AM More reviews by tabby1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this brow kit I don't use the utensils, i just use my own brow brush but it goes on so smoothly and I don't have to reply it at all I love it better the define a brow i was using this well last me long time as I just discovered here in scarborough.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Elasinthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a pretty awesome product for 4 bucks! The little brush it comes with actually works well at filling in my patchy brows with precision, I bought the medium kit, i have dark brown hair but a very fair complexion so having my brows to dark makes them look really harsh and the medium is perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 7:17:00 AM More reviews by elleglam

bought this just a few weeks ago because of the rave reviews i read...now that ive tested the product i fell inlove with it! its very pigmented, the packaging is very cute and it comes with mini tools inside but i find too small to use...this is actually my first eyebrow powder makeup and i got the medium shade because i have black eyebrows and a fair skin. i just wish it was cheaper because here in philippines its kinda pricey...but over all this is a must have for girls like me who loves makeup :)