Milani Brow Fix Brow Kit

4.7

Not tested on animals

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35 or Nars Sheer Glow in Stromboli, olive skintone with yellow undertones. I purchased this kit in Medium, my hair is brunette with reddish undertones.

This brow kit is the business, I've had it for months and still haven't hit pan. The pigmentation of the brow shadows are fantastic, taupe and brown both matte, there is also a highlighter shade included which is pretty darn good.

I have a special way of applying this. I take a small travel size spray bottlte and spray the back of my hand (1-2 spritz not to wet, not to dry). I dip my angeled liner brush into the water and once into the lighter shade, once into the darker shade, and once more into the lighter shade. I then Begin filing in my brows starting in the middle (do not start filling in at the beggining of the brow it will be far to dark). This give my brows such a natural look, I just use small strokes to sort of mimic brow hair. I then brush my brows lightly, and then set with clear mascara/gel. No one ever noticed my brows we're filled in, and thats why I like this product no fake tattooed looking brows here.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This is a very convenient kit to have. I picked this up in "Light" on a whim at Target. It was less than $6.00. I was drawn to the highlight shade and I thought the darker brow color might work for me. I am really impressed with all three shades. The kit also has a very handy mirror, mini-tweezers, an eyeshadow sponge-tipped brush, and the angled brush for applying the brow powder. I use the included angled brush to apply a mixture of the two brow colors. I am NC30ish and taupe shades work in most brow products. These brow colors are very pigmented, do not pull reddish on me, and last all day. It applies very naturally and I am so pleased to retire my previous HG, Anasasia Brow Wiz. At $20 a pencil, the Brow Wiz is just not as economical as Milani's Brow Fix, especially when I am equally thrilled with the quality.

on 2/27/2013 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I absolutely loved this eyebrow kit! I love how it comes with tweezers,small angled brush, and the eye shadow sponge perfect! I purchased this in medium back when my hair used to be lighter now that it's back to my natural hair color I don't use it much because I feel my eyebrows look to light haha I think I might purchase the darker color after this medium :)

This makes my eyebrows look beautiful! I love the way they look natural but polished and in photos they look perfect. I also like how this kit comes with tweezers a brow brush and a sponge applicator for the highlight. However the tweezers are hard to use their so stiff! Other than that I give this product 5 stars

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this kit. I prefer filling in my brows with powder for a softer look. I purchases mine in Dark 02 and the colors blend perfect into my brows. I love the highlight color as well and use it for many eye makeup looks. The tools in the kit are handy for emergencies not for daily usage and the mirror is handy as well. Overall I would definitely repurchase. Great job Milani lol!

on 1/18/2013 8:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's is great and lasts a long time. I love that I can blend colors together. I use the high lighter in corner of eyes and cheekbones. I love the small brush because it is easy to get the product on the brow. I don't have many eyebrow hairs and this makes it look natural with the few I have.

on 1/4/2013 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This kit is amazing! Right down to color, it's close to immaculate. I do things differently then the instructions on the back though. I use my MAC 208 brush to apply brow2 to fill my brows then fix any fallouts I had fillig in my eyebrows with my concealer then I use the applicator given to highlight the brow bone and the inner corners of my eyes. And if I'm in the mood I use the brow1 color as a eyeshadow. It's very complimenting to dark brown eyes like mine. Milani Brow Fix Kit is an essential part if my makeup routine. It would not be complete without it!

on 12/21/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I am extremely impressed with this brow kit! I have to say that I love Milani, it is definitely one of the higher end drug store make up brands out there. Let's start with the packaging, totally adorable. I love that it holds an angled brush, sponge tip applicator, and a tiny set of tweezers in a really clever way. I probably won't use the tweezers much but knowing I have an extra pair for whatever is really awesome. I have blonde hair, and I bought the "medium" brow kit. They were sold out of the light, and only had dark or medium. I have got to say, medium is the PERFECT color for my eyebrows. I'm platinum blonde, so I HATE brow pencils/powders that are way too dark and make me look like a drag queen. I also don't like it when a brow powder is too light, because then nothing shows up. This is the PERFECT color for my brows. Seriously, I use the lighter color but I did mix it with the darker color for the end of my brows and it wasn't too harsh at all. It lasted me all day and I apply it with my Eco Tools Angled Eyeliner brush and my brows look natural and filled in. I am so happy I found this!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this! The highlight colour is really useful for both the browbone and the inner corners of my eyes. The middle colour is perfect for my brows, sometimes mixed with the darker colour. Also, I love using the darker colour wet as an eyeliner. It lasts all day and is the perfect soft brown - not too dark. The tools are not very useful as they are too small but for the price who cares?!

on 10/28/2012 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've had this little brow kit for many many years, and I have and do use it very often (i.e. not exclusively, but at least once a week, usually more, and this kit often ends up my daily make-up routine for lengthy periods of time). I've barely made a dent in either brow shadow despite the frequent use over the years, and the highlight color hasn't hit pan yet, but has a noticeable dent in it from a fair amount of use as a brow highlight.

It was so long ago that I bought this kit that I guess I forgot it came with tweezers, lol, yeah, those are definitely long gone. I've also lost the angled brush applicator, but I don't miss that at all, I remember the bristles being floppy and didn't pick up enough product and I had to repeatedly pick up more in the process of filling in a brow. The little spongetip applicator is still in my kit, but I'm not sure why it's still around since I never use that either.

For reference, my hair is naturally a level 6 (dark blonde in technical terms, but more like a med-dark brown in laymen terms) and am an auburn-brown color with a strong red cast/undertone, not orange or yellow casts/undertones (i.e. not a carrot top or copper top or whatever, but my haircolor is more like a Julia roberts kind of red-head, or Debra from Everybody Loves Raymond, and **not** a Grace from Will and Grace kind of red-head).
I don't color my hair anymore, and have had my natural haircolor all grown out for the past 3-4 years or so. Come to think of it, I think I've had this same Milani brow kit back when I was still coloring my hair, egad that's a long time. Anyway, I digress.
I use the darker brown color more often than the lighter color, and I find the results look very natural with the darker color.
I use the lighter color whenever I happen upon the advice in magazines or youtube tutorials saying that your brows should be a shade or two lighter (or filled in with a color that is a shade or two lighter) than your haircolor. Maybe that advice is true, I certainly don't want to look like those 60+ year old women I see around every once in a while who look like they've drawn their brows on with a black sharpie marker. But I find the lighter color looks more like I have product in my brows and less polished, rather than looking like polished natural brows. The lighter color also seems a little brassy on me (i.e. has a yellow cast), it's not terrible, but the color and/or undertone is "off" just enough to affect my confidence.
The darker brow color, oth, is neutral med-dark brown, not too ashy or too warm, and just makes my brows look slightly fuller, as well as filling in the more sparse areas making them blend well with my natural brow.
The end result of the darker color is my brows are equally as dark as my haircolor, but are neither "red" nor "taupe"(ashy). Just, a nice neutral brown that makes my brows look polished but are not the first thing I notice when I look in the mirror, which is a plus in my book.
I quite like the highlight color, it's a slightly dewy-looking shimmery cream color, not very opaque but the effect of the shimmer is nice and natural-looking. I've used it quite a number of times as a wash, and it gives a very nice effect, esp. when you're in a hurry and just want to look somewhat polished with little effort.
For reference, the other brow products in my rotation are a bare minerals brow powder (a little too auburn for my liking, but still nice, have had that one for years as well); and Perfekt brow gel in caramel (Love, but a touch too coppery for my liking).
I decided to write this review given that at the moment I'm really interested in the Milani brow pen, lol.

Popular Brows Products