Revlon ColorStay Pressed powder

3.2

Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride

on 9/2/2011 9:43:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I think its about time I do a review since I'm going to buy a different powder.

Ok so the coverage isn't great at all, not that it matters to me since I wear liquid foundation for coverage. It doesn't look good ontop of foundation either, it looks cakey. No matter what foundation I use, my two favs I switch back & forth to are Revlon Colorstay foundation and Maybelline Super Stay.

I apply this with a kabuki brush.
The color range for this powder is absolutely terrible.
I was going to get PALE because it looked closest to my skin color and it wasn't. It was pure white chalk but however didn't appear that way in the packaging.

I purchaed light to medium, which is darker than my skin color and oxidizes throughout the day making me look more cakey and making my skin color a darker shade...

I feel this powder also makes me more oily than I really am... The staying powder isn't good either. I think it stays on my skin for maybe 3 hours at most till I notice I will have to reapply it. I apply this on my T zone because that's where I get oily and within 3 hours I am oily.

I DON'T think it was worth the 12$ I paid for whatsoever.

Looking to buy the Maybelline Dream Matte Powder.

on 8/31/2011 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Over all this is supposed to be a setting powder. Yet it doesn't keep oil at bay. By the end of the day my face looks pretty oily but in reality it's not as bad as I've heard/read about others. I can't imagine how horrible this product would be for them! The powder might be a good setting powder for those who don't get oily at all. I think that's the only good thing this powder could do. After a few days of wearing it I realized it lacks coverage (I hate wearing liquid so I was looking for a decent powder to wear alone). This has maybe light coverage (barely evens out skin). The other negative to the powder is their colors. It jumps from light (which I used & has yellow undertones to it; slightly too light for me) to light-medium which looks very dark in package and on their website. It's just odd that they limited the colors on this.

Over all? It's decent if you don't product oil and need something to set your foundation.

on 8/24/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This powder really does stay on long and the coverage is light-med and blends well. The problem I have is that it dries out my face! I can't wear this powder continuously. I would recommend this for someone with oily skin.

on 8/17/2011 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I use this only for my nose or other shiny spots. I feel it would be much to chalky and drying on my entire face. I have SUPER dry/sensative skin, so I really have to watch what I put on it. This is good for shine control or probably people w/ oily skin.. but for anything else, I wouldn't recommend it.

on 8/1/2011 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this in fair/light. im a PPP and NC 10...not even an NC 15 but a 10! I can NEVER find a power pale enough, ever! I had resorted to goth white powders.
my mom gave me this, she bought it by mistake! im so glad she did because I never would have thought it would be light enough
all drug store powders in the lightest shades are still too dark for me including revlon
this was an exception
it didnt oxidize
my face stayed PALE WHITE ALL DAY which I LOVE and for the first time in LIFE! and ive used 'literally white' powders that didnt do that! it STAYS on like it says
yes its heavy.....must be the 'stay' component... like adding almost a second layer of foundation on top of the foundation you already put so I say apply it lightly.
I LOVE IT.
i look pale without the chalky or washed out look
just smooth. my makeup underneath,liquid, did NOT break up or come off. and i did not break out and im prone to
I have very oily skin and this wasnt a problem...didnt make me more oily..it only made my makeup stay on better in spite of my usual oil.
I slept in it (I know bad) but I woke up pleasantly surprised that my makeup was still there...and only the powder accounts for that.
I will definately buy it again! if you only knew I have lke 20 or 30 powders upstairs because I have such a hard time.all price ranges.
this is better than my $40 erno laszlo oil control powder that I just got.
thanks mom!

on 8/1/2011 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This is the worst design of a compact that I have ever seen. I switched to Revlon because the compact was easier to open than others. I can only use it at my dressing table because the puff?applicator is not with the powder. I thought the whole point of a compact was for use when away from home. the designer of this should be shot. What were your marketing people thinking of when they accepted it. I would have liked to rate the packaging 0.I cannot be scathing enough. I only bought it because I wanted the colour and he Deputy Manager at my local store was very helpful and opened the actual compact for me. It was not the same packaging as the tester on display.

on 7/6/2011 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'd rate this more of a 3.5 than a 4.There's not much coverage, but it's a nice setting powder. I use this throughout the day to mattify my face after bloting.

on 6/29/2011 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I agree with cleverk, this is great for setting liquid foundation, and keeping you matte, but I wouldn't use it alone.
I like this alot, and have repurchased it a few times, I also like the packaging alot, I think its very purse friendly. (:

on 6/28/2011 2:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This powder keeps my oily skin looking fresh all day at work when paired over Clinique Acne Solutions liquid foundation. The packaging is unexpectedly nice and includes a mirror. This is definitely only a powder, not a power foundation, as it provides little to no coverage. I think the finish it gives is really nice, but as someone with oily skin, my idea of a nice finish is matte. I could see people with normal skin perhaps not getting much out of this product.

on 6/17/2011 11:23:00 AM

pros: it minimizes the oiliness of my super oily skin! it hides my blemishes.
con: i don't know if i got a shade darker, but the shade looks unnatural. i got medium. looks orangey? lol not sure.
ill repurchase this again. ill try the lighter shade, if the lighter color works natural, then ima stick to this foundation. tho im not inlove with this since it's also a bit pricey