September 15, 2014 | 1816 users online

Highlighters - MAC - strobe liquid

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2009 7:19:00 AM More reviews by Just_Sara

I dont know why it is here as a highlighters. But here is my review about the moisturiser.

I went to MAC and I wanted a moisturising fluid that looked good on my skin. (My skin color is NC 20.) The problem with this is that.. I just doesnt do anything.
It doesnt moisturise. My skin is oily. Fluid is recommended. But even though it is oily it still needs moisture. This doesnt make my skin feel soft. It doesnt moisturise. I dont know what this is? My skin feels a bit thight after using this. Probably because of the color.
Lets talk about the color. Its a really nice opal pink color.On your hands. On my skin... in the summer ( or in bright light)you can just see the sparkles on your face. . I dont like sparkles on my whole face. I just dont. The color doesnt help tired skin. I have brown or dark spots on my skin when im tired or from bad eating habits. (Middle eastern complexion.) It just wont help a bit! It looks even worse. Trust me it does. I accentuate it even more. (It might look good on pale skin, but not on my yellow skin.)
Finally what I hate MOST about this is that my foundation looks cackey. It is hard to blend.
What I do like is the packaging, Very good packaging also for travel. I can clean it and reuse it for other foundations or creams.
Price vs quality= BAD I can not recommend this.
TIP: I do use it on my body in the summer.
If you really want this. I think you should check the out the stobe cream. Maybe the original product is better.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2009 7:07:00 AM More reviews by Just_Sara

Price vs quality= BAD I can not recommend this.

TIP: I do use it on my body in the summer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by helenexox

It's a really cool, pearlescent cream. But, what can I use it for besides making my skin glow at a club? Other than that, it's just a run-of-the mill moisturizer. But it hardly moisturizes as well as some creams for half the price from the drugstore.
I gave it 3 lippies because the effect of it is just so cool, but my bottle is almost completely full and I've had it for a year now.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/11/2009 8:51:00 AM More reviews by sportylass

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hey. I bought this after trying the strobe cream at the counter a few times and when I went to buy it, was advised to buy the lotion instead (as I have oliy skin). However, the lotion does not give the sheen that the cream gave and after I put it on it just disappears! If i put anything over the top of it (i.e blush or powder) I cant see anything.... whereas I could with the cream!

Just find that even on bare skin this did nothing for me. I wanted the 'glowy' look that the cream gave, but this is too thin and doesnt have the same sheen. I would recommend people buy the cream over the lotion any day!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 10:52:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this liquid! I put it on my cheekbones and bridge of the nose and it jsut looks amazing! I'm pretty sure this has pink opal pigment because it's exactly what pink opal would look like if it were a liquid lol.
It's amazing, really! only thing to remember: it's NOT a moisturizer because if you use it like one, you'll look like a shiny, disco ball.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by lareinaxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

mac strobe liquid is ahh-mazing! it sits right next to my foundation, mac face & body shade C4. i put two pumps into my foundation, mix it together in a dish and apply all over my face. on days where i want a natural glow, i wear this with a little bronzer and voila! perfect complexion. it has a really nice duo-chrome sheen, no glitter or sparkles. i would deff buy this again :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by streetsofyourtown

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely highlighter- I use a tiny bit on bare skin all over my face, with a larger amount on my cheeks (both over and under foundation). Strobe Liquid makes my skin look fresh, radiant and healthy, despite being in pretty bad shape at the moment. It has a ethereal quality, with a white/rainbow-ish pearly luminescence. This product is in no way glittery, greasy or fake looking, rather, it gives my face that extra "something" that cannot quite be pinpointed, it just looks... better.

I like Strobe Liquid more than Strobe Cream, which is also very good, but less versatile and, personally, I prefer the effect of the liquid. I suspect that when my skin clears up, I will like this even more, as I won't be covering up the glow with so much foundation and concealer.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by zeje

I think I've figured out the best way to use this. I wanted to wait until I was using it effectively before I wrote a review. I first put on foundation (preferably liquid). Then I put a pump of strobe liquid on the back on my hand, dab my middle finger in it and then pat it on my cheek bones until I get an even sheen. It instantly creates sculpted cheekbones (which I do not have). I also put some on the bridge of my nose, underneath my eyebrows and on my chin. Voila I have dewy, fresh looking skin. Best results if I don't use powder. I also use it on my décolletage for luminous skin.

Edited to add: Today I took about equal parts liquid foundation and strobe liquid, mixed it on the back of my hand with my 187 and buffed it into my skin. Instantly luminous skin, I felt like I had a halo around my head. Now I know how the Victoria Secret Angels get that glow.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i don't really feel like this does anything. it doesn't moisturize, i don't notice any highlight effect on my face after use, ect. i've tried mixing it with my foundation which was not noticeable at all other than it seemed to keep my foundation from drying, applied under foundation it was just covered, applied over foundation it wasn't very noticeable.

idk, i'm on the fence about sending it back. i'm going to try it a few more ways because i hate returning things so much, but $30 for a product that does nothing other than look pretty on my counter is a lot of money.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 10:43:00 AM More reviews by sharonaemy

It's really great when you want to do a dewy-glowy look without looking like a 12-year-old playing with her momma's makeup - I can't stand looking like a glitter bomb so I really loved the glowy/dewy yet discreet finish of this product mixed with foundation. I don't find it hydrating at all though (mine says strobe liquid lotion hydratante lumineuse) and it tends to give me little bumps on my cheeks if I don't mix it with anything.