Organix Tea Tree Mint Shampoo

3.0

Di Water (Aqua), Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Glycol Distearate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Cetyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamide DEA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium 11, DMDM Hydantoin, Silk Amino Complex, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Australian Tea Tree Oils, Soy Milk Proteins, Peppermint Oil, Shea Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Fragrance

on 10/21/2010 2:32:00 PM

I am an African American woman with relaxed hair. I tried this product because it is sulfate free, and I really love the smell of this shampoo. Unfortunately it made my hair feel like straw, big disappointment.

on 10/19/2010 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is one of my favorite shampoos! i have curly that breaks easy and can get dry but at the same time i cant go long without washing it because it will get oily quick. this product was amazing, it was gentle and made me hair super soft. i loved the smell! and it actually stays in your hair. its alil on the expensive side but is worth it to me.

on 10/18/2010 10:25:00 PM

I still have this product because I hate using it. I use it on days when I'm not going anywhere, because it sucks. It looks like it should be really great, but it's not. It might be organic, but you might as well wash your hair with dirt, it's cheaper. I don't even like the smell that much to be honest. It makes my hair feel gross.

on 10/16/2010 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to like this product. I have tried it for TWO months hoping to fall in love but it just didn't happen. I found the "organic" ingredients appealing and the fact that it had no sulfates etc etc.
Anyways, it majorly dried out my normal hair and left it tangled beyond belief! (even WITH the conditioner, that also did squat...)
The best thing I can say about this is that it did clean my hair and it has a really refreshing scent that wakes me up in the morning... But other than that I do not recommend.

on 10/2/2010 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the 4th flavor of Organix shampoos Im trying. this one is among my favorite. It leaves my hair hydrated and not stripped of at all. And the minty smell is killer. I love this shampoo very much.

on 8/29/2010 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I absolutely love this shampoo. Even if it didnt work wonders on my hair I would still continue to use this just because of the awesome smell. I only do regular shampoos about once a month unless my scalp is really itchy and this is my go to product everytime. though I co-wash 1-2 times a week with the conditioner.

on 8/28/2010 6:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I cannot stand this shampoo. Smells nice, but it left my hair funky. I can't even remember now what it did to my hair (oily? dried it out?), but I remember that it was horrible. Also, I have been using sulfate-free shampoos for several years now, and I know what this stuff did to my hair is not typical of sulfate-free poos. Never again.

on 7/28/2010 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I don't have much to say about this shampoo...kinda blah. Doesn't do much for my hair. Oh well.

on 7/23/2010 2:28:00 AM

I forgot to buy a conditioner so I actually just use the shampoo without it and my hair is perfect. I've also never colored my hair, so maybe that's why it doesn't work for some people.
I switch between this and the cherry blossom ginseng shampoo and both work equally well in my opinion.

The one thing I really love is the smell. It's mint so it really wakes and relaxes me in the morning.

I think some of the problem is from people not knowing how to properly treat their scalp. Even the best shampoo won't work if you don't use it correctly. So. Add a dollop in your palm and work it in your hair (I get a good lather going so I don't know about the complaint), next, face the showers so not a lot of water get on your head, while you do this massage into scalp, almost digging (not with your nails!) then just rinse. No conditioner needed. Works wonderful.

Don't forget to inhale the scent! It's just so relaxing!

on 7/21/2010 4:06:00 PM

I too wanted to love this shampoo. I used the shampoo/creme rinse in the past and thought maybe I just didn't give it enough time. I read other reviews which were positive. One stated that a person needs to give it time for the hair to get used to the change to sulfate free. Last time I only used it two weeks. I threw both in the garbage, mostly full. Well, now for my second time around with Organix Tea Tree. I like the bottles. I like the smell & texture. But, this shampoo just ruins my hair. We love to think that a organic or natural shampoo is the best. This is just not true. I sometimes wonder about this sulfate free hype. We used shampoos for so long without even knowing about "sulfate free". Our hair never suffered back then. Okay back to my review. Organix made my hair lifeless and limp. It had no bounce or shine. The ends were so dry. I began to hate my hair. I used this duo for two whole months, because I really wanted it to work. I'm tired of switching shampoos. I washed every other day. I have fine, long hair. I shampoo in the shower. After washing my hair, my hair felt "all clumped together" and tangled. The creme rinse was a must for me. The rinse seemed to take out tangles but I found myself tugging at my hair to remove some knots. Those hairs remained in my comb with a big clump being pulled from my comb to throw in the garbage. I cannot afford to lose hair like this. Mine is fine anyway. After washing one day, the next was like greasy. I felt like my hair wasn't clean. I would forgo this brand. I cannot speak for the other scents in this line. Just remember sulfate free is not always better. These companies have to come out with something to trap the consumer into spending more money on their product. Still looking for a shampoo I can call my own.