L'Occitane 20% Shea Butter Soap

on 6/21/2003 11:51:00 PM

I bring this with me now whenever I travel. I flatly refuse to use any other soap ever again - ever ever ever. I know that it is expensive compared to other soaps -but I found that if I keep it in a dry spot in the shower and use it with a washcloth it will last for months. I love the verbena scented soap. This has really helped to improve my dry skin & I am never going back.

on 5/31/2003 8:21:00 PM

I have tried several L'Occitane shea soaps, and all of them have given me the same impression: nice, but not that nice. They are soft, they clean well, and they feel good to use, but their scents do not last or carry far, and they're a little drying. Soap tends to move in our shower fairly quickly, and yet L'Occitane soaps rarely retain much scent beyond the first couple of uses. There are several soaps out there that perform equally well on the skin (or better!) that have better scent, for a comparable or lower price. If you are convinced that you want a shea butter scented soap, try Mistral soaps, or have a look around www.smallflower.com or www.thesoapopera.com; there's a much bigger soap world out there.

on 5/17/2003 12:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love these soaps, they do not dry my skin out when I use them. The fragrances are delicious.....my favourites are Milk, Honey, Wild Rose, Rosemary and Honeysuckle.

on 4/24/2003 10:03:00 PM

Expensive but good. I would buy this soap again. It's a good change. I love how my legs feel after use. I have to wait awhile to apply lotion, just because it feels so yummy.

on 4/17/2003 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this soap!
I have a milk scent one, it is very clean, but very rich, not drying. Like there's some magic in it. I dun need to put on any body lotion in summer, but still need some in winter because my skin is extremely dry. And this soap save me!
For the price, it is totally worth every single penny. It's very high quality. I never tried anyone like this and I will stick to it.

on 3/25/2003 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

all the scents are really divine and it is a very very creamy soap. i dont even have to use a moisturizer when i leave the shower. its about 5.00 a bar, but it is very much worth it.

on 2/17/2003 5:43:00 PM

I have mixed feelings about this soap. It's very fine soap, lathers well and doesn't get mushy in the shower. But I can't bear most of the scents. Almond smells nothing like almonds to me, and the honey soaps are only tolerable. I do like the verbena and the vanilla soaps, but I was disappointed in all the others.

on 2/13/2003 2:12:00 AM

Wonderful,,will never buy store brand again, kind of reminds me of Dove... But smell lasts a long, long long time. wow.

on 2/3/2003 2:13:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

i'm a fan of l'occitane's shea line of products, in particular their hand lotion and body lotion. as part of this line of stellar products, this soap didn't disappoint. this did not leave my ultra dry winter skin with that tight feeling one often gets after showering. the only thing that did disappoint me, however, was the scent. when i first opened the packaging the soap came in, i inhaled a lovely, strong lavender scent. after using the bar once in the shower, i can hardly smell anything at all. that said, i think this is a great soap if you are looking for something strictly for its moisturizing capabilities, and not something with a long-lasting scent. $8 for 8.8 ounces of product.

on 1/7/2003 3:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is a great bath soap. It has a thick and creamy lather and doesn't dry out my skin. My skin doesn't feel tight after coming out of the shower.