September 23, 2014 | 1874 users online

Gels/Soaps - L'Occitane - 20% Shea Butter Soap

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2003 5:43:00 PM More reviews by plumduff

I have mixed feelings about this soap. It's very fine soap, lathers well and doesn't get mushy in the shower. But I can't bear most of the scents. Almond smells nothing like almonds to me, and the honey soaps are only tolerable. I do like the verbena and the vanilla soaps, but I was disappointed in all the others.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2003 2:12:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wonderful,,will never buy store brand again, kind of reminds me of Dove... But smell lasts a long, long long time. wow.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2003 2:13:00 AM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

i'm a fan of l'occitane's shea line of products, in particular their hand lotion and body lotion. as part of this line of stellar products, this soap didn't disappoint. this did not leave my ultra dry winter skin with that tight feeling one often gets after showering. the only thing that did disappoint me, however, was the scent. when i first opened the packaging the soap came in, i inhaled a lovely, strong lavender scent. after using the bar once in the shower, i can hardly smell anything at all. that said, i think this is a great soap if you are looking for something strictly for its moisturizing capabilities, and not something with a long-lasting scent. $8 for 8.8 ounces of product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2003 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Colleen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great bath soap. It has a thick and creamy lather and doesn't dry out my skin. My skin doesn't feel tight after coming out of the shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/24/2002 4:00:00 PM More reviews by farrahdawn

I LOVE THIS SOAP!!! I received it in a swap, and now I won't use anything else. It isn't drying and doesn't leave me itchy (like most bar soaps). I personally use the Milk soap, and the smell is wonderful. Unfortunately, it is a tad spendy (but not too bad), and I don't have a L'Occitane store nearby so I have to order it online, but IMO it is worth every bit. The prices are: $5 USD for 3.5 Ounces, or $8 for 8.8 Ounces.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2002 2:45:00 PM More reviews by Kylie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love these soaps!! I have very dry skin and I have a hard time finding soaps that don't dry me out worse. These feel rich and creamy and smells great, I find them very moisturing. My favorites scents are Bourban Vanilla and Clementine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2002 7:02:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this soap in Fig and am very disappointed. First of all, I can't smell even a touch of fig in my shower while using it. Secondly, it's on the drying side. For its price I think there should be a much bigger payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2002 6:30:00 PM More reviews by NatashaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this soap!!! It's so moisturizing and luxurious. The price seems a bit steep at first, but since the soaps are tripple milled, they last forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2002 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I usually love the Shea line, but I just can't use these soaps... still too drying. But the different scents are lovely!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2002 8:28:00 AM More reviews by dweezle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This soap made my skin soft and I had no reaction to it like I do to many soaps. Very moisturizing.