October 25, 2014 | 1711 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by hahalex21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I use this brush to buff and blend my foundations into my skin. I don't use it to apply, since it tends to put on too much, but I use it after my foundation brush to get rid of streakiness my foundation may have and make the foundation look more natural. I absolutely adore this brush and it is a staple in my brush arsenal. The bristles are soft and really help blend my foundation into my skin so it doesn't look like it's sitting on top. I highly recommend this brush, it is definitely a must have.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Katillac

I really don't remember why I bought this brush, except that I was buying a bunch of other brushes and figured "why not"! I can't find a good use for this brush. I originally used it to apply cream blush, but found that the bristles were a bit too dense and it was therefore hard to blend. After reading reviews on here, however, I would like to try using it to apply liquid foundation. It would seem that the brush is too small for that, but I shall give it a try.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 11:23:00 AM More reviews by Doubleshot70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dear Readers
This is a review to add to the many reviews that are already on this site.As always I never read any of the other reviews that others have written prior to my own personal review.This is something I do so that I may offer my readers an honest review.
It must be said that Sonia Kashuk is not readily available to me in my home country much to my dismay.I have been wanting this brush forever as well as her other brushes.
Luckily help is at hand and a Dear Friend by the name of Carin purchased a few of the brushes for me and sent them to me.I wanted to mention her good name as without her I would have suffered):
I am yet to pay her...but she trusts me,which is lovely.On to the review itself now.............
Firstly,this brush is aesthetically pleasing.This should not be the forefront however it is difficult to ignore it's beauty.It is very unique in its design and the handle twists,this allows you to hold the brush closer to the brush if you want a concentration of colour.You can hold the handle towards the end of the handle if you want a more softer and natural finish,therefore very versatile.The handle is black and when seen in person one can notice it's shine and shimmery dust swimming in the background.
The brush was cleansed prior to usage and it cleansed well with a small amount of baby shampoo.It was left on the edge so that it could dry.I noticed that it dried fairly quickly which was fantastic.Since I have had it I have used it consistently and with a range of different mediums,one being foundation.I applied with a traditional paddle foundation brush,and then went over with the Sonia Kashuk Flat Top,it worked the foundation in to my skin,with ease.
I buffed a little(not too much) as I have dry skin and I must be careful that I do not perform an exfoliating exercise.
The finish was "flawless" sounds like an advertisement does it not?This brush does not require an advertisement as the results speak for themselves.ergonomically
The second medium I used was a loose powder over the top of my liquid foundation,just to set it.I use powder very sparingly and lightly.I adopt a pressing and pushing action rather than wiping as the foundation could be disturbed potentially underneath.We do not want that,after our fantastic finish,):
After which I just use a fan brush just to knock off any excess that is there(if there is)usually the pressing action is the' icing on the 'cake.
The third medium is cream blush and liquid blush.If I am using any of these products then they are applied straight over my foundation prior to any powder.The mediums buff in to the skin with ease,and it looks as though the colour is part of my skin(some people refer to it as a lit from within look.However I am very pleased with the result.
If any of you have dry skin it is beneficial to not undertake concentrated buffing,this action as stated previously tends to exfoliate your skin.
I commenced using cream blushes a few years ago when my dry skin had reached it's height.One reason for the switch is because I generally suffer with dry skin,the other reason is that I had to have some long term medication,which in turn plays havoc with my skin.
Summer's are sometimes difficult as the medication makes me have 'flushes' and skin becomes a bit damp.I then have to lightly blot as this is artificial.I purchased some products last year,which can potentially calm the skin down,I will hopefully use them in the months to come.At times I have to use products that are used on television where there is increased lighting which makes models quite hot and flushed.
I would not use such heavy duty products daily,but they are great to have,in case I need to be somewhere where I do not want people to concern themselves with.
The next medium I have used it for is with a contouring product,and I tend to use a slightly darker foundation for this particular look.I t works well with a light buff.I tend to use a light hand when doing this,as it can look horribly wrong.Contouring should be light and natural during the day,and can go heavier for the evening.Contouring can make or break a look,and practice is paramount.You should also know what you are doing especially if using foundation to add depth to your face..
The colour should diffuse lightly right underneath your cheek bones.There are many contouring powders on the market now,and Sleek products launched a powder some months ago.Sleek is one of the first drug store companies that came out with a product of this kind.
If any of you are familiar with ELF flat top powder brush will know about the size ratio.The Sonia Kashuk brush head is much smaller(just for size reference).It has a good weight and is ergonomically designed.
I do not have anything negative to say about this wonder brush except it is wonderful.If you purchase this and are any thing like me you will require a back up brush,so that you can keep one for foundation and the other for cream and liquid blush.Cream blushes are very highly pigmented and it is wise to have a separate just for foundation.I can guarantee that you will adore this brush,which is why I am saying you will need a backup brush.In fact,I need to build on the whole set of these brushes.I will write to Santa early and hope for the best.
This review is in honour to my Dear friend Carin,who is so so far away but will do any thing for me.Carin,also sent me some products through the post and they are lovely,I feel her warmth,calmness and empathy through the words she writes to me often(very heartfelt)so Thank You to a beautiful person from so far away.A warm Thank you to all my readers.
Regards

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by eviegirl44

This brush is awesome!! So soft and buffs liquid foundations in like a charm! It is worth every penny and is very affordable compared to sigma or mac brushes, I bought mine for around $14. GO GET THIS BRUSH!! LOL

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The one on display at target was so soft, so I decided to buy it.
I was looking for a backup foundation brush and liked the shape of this one.

The quality is very much lacking.
It's quite stiff and mildly scratchy, my face becomes irritated while applying the foundation. It doesn't make my foundation look bad or anything but it's too uncomfortable to really use.
I've washed it a few times to no avail - the stiffness remains.
The harshness of this brush makes it seemingly impossible to use for other purposes.

I still keep it because it's kinda costly for a drugstore brush and for the rare times I'd need a backup.

Pass if you're thinking about it..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this brush every day for over 2 weeks and I absolutely love it. I use it for liquid foundation; I apply a few dots of foundation on my face and then I use this brush to blend it out. The brush is really soft but dense enough to evenly apply foundation with. I haven't experienced any shedding even though I've washed the brush twice now. It's the only foundation brush I own/use so I don't have anything to compare it to, but over-all I'm really happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ssherry

I use this brush over my Sigma ones EVERY DAY.
Easily my favorite brush I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by melleessa

This brush is absolutely great! I use it to put on cream foundation and do a swipe in the pot and then circular buffing motions to apply, gives great even coverage. Money well spent and would continue to buy if it ever needed replacing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so dissapointed. I really wanted this brush to work, especially given all these glowing reviews. I like the size, since my petite face favors small brushes. The density and application were great at first too. UNTIL it came time to wash it. I use a very diluted amount of Dr.Bronner's soap for all of my brushes and take great care to ensure that the ferrules don't get wet. I lay them flat to dry, never standing. Even with all these precautions, this brush shed NASTY STYLE. It lost so much of its density already :(. I thought I might have just received a dud, but after checking out some more reviews hidden under the raves, it shows that I'm not the only one experiencing shedding problems :(. The ELF $3 Studio Powder Brush is a 5th of the price and A MILLION times better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

AMAZZZING brush for blending liquid foundation.. gives an airbrush look and feel... i love it.. easy to wash... and drys quick. I haven't had it shed on me and I've been using it for 9 months now. The only flaw was... the handle came off.. but with some super glue its as good as new! why i knocked off 1 off the packaging quality.