April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Makeup Brushes - Sonia Kashuk - Synthetic Flat Top Multipurpose Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by turnthisaround

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The one on display at target was so soft, so I decided to buy it.
I was looking for a backup foundation brush and liked the shape of this one.

The quality is very much lacking.
It's quite stiff and mildly scratchy, my face becomes irritated while applying the foundation. It doesn't make my foundation look bad or anything but it's too uncomfortable to really use.
I've washed it a few times to no avail - the stiffness remains.
The harshness of this brush makes it seemingly impossible to use for other purposes.

I still keep it because it's kinda costly for a drugstore brush and for the rare times I'd need a backup.

Pass if you're thinking about it..

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by tropical_dreams15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this brush every day for over 2 weeks and I absolutely love it. I use it for liquid foundation; I apply a few dots of foundation on my face and then I use this brush to blend it out. The brush is really soft but dense enough to evenly apply foundation with. I haven't experienced any shedding even though I've washed the brush twice now. It's the only foundation brush I own/use so I don't have anything to compare it to, but over-all I'm really happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by ssherry

I use this brush over my Sigma ones EVERY DAY.
Easily my favorite brush I own.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by melleessa

This brush is absolutely great! I use it to put on cream foundation and do a swipe in the pot and then circular buffing motions to apply, gives great even coverage. Money well spent and would continue to buy if it ever needed replacing.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by 101alexis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am so dissapointed. I really wanted this brush to work, especially given all these glowing reviews. I like the size, since my petite face favors small brushes. The density and application were great at first too. UNTIL it came time to wash it. I use a very diluted amount of Dr.Bronner's soap for all of my brushes and take great care to ensure that the ferrules don't get wet. I lay them flat to dry, never standing. Even with all these precautions, this brush shed NASTY STYLE. It lost so much of its density already :(. I thought I might have just received a dud, but after checking out some more reviews hidden under the raves, it shows that I'm not the only one experiencing shedding problems :(. The ELF $3 Studio Powder Brush is a 5th of the price and A MILLION times better.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

AMAZZZING brush for blending liquid foundation.. gives an airbrush look and feel... i love it.. easy to wash... and drys quick. I haven't had it shed on me and I've been using it for 9 months now. The only flaw was... the handle came off.. but with some super glue its as good as new! why i knocked off 1 off the packaging quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2011 2:16:00 AM More reviews by barbiechick1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this brush. I've used it with liquid foundation, powder, and cream blush. I love it. Its a little small for stippling on liquid foundation, but its perfect for buffing out/diffusing cream blush. Its really soft, the packaging is beautiful, and the bristles don't fall out. <3 it. I would definitely buy it again, except that I don't think I would ever need to lol because its so great. But I would definitely recommend it, especially for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2011 4:04:00 PM More reviews by girlke44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have had my Flat Top for over a year and I have to say after many cleanings and lots of use it has shed once and is still in great condition. Granted this is a thick brush and with that in mind it is perfect for buffing to give a flawless look. I use this with creams and liquid foundation. But it works best with creams. It does take a long time to dry after cleaning but its worth the wait. I did have issues with the handle coming off in the beginning but with a little super glue I haven't had any problems since.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by k8dahl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This brush is definitely the most useful makeup brush that I own. I used it with my liquid foundation, pressed powder, concealer, bronzer, powder blush and cream blush. It does an amazing job applying all of these products.

I also noticed it's a lot softer than the Philosophy multi-purpose brush and it definitely applys nicer as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 4:30:00 PM More reviews by hyemimoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Did not work well with BB cream. It is really soft when dry but it soaked up too much product and did not glide smoothly on my face. The SK duo fibre brush (large), which I love for my Nars powder blushes, worked better with BB cream. Agree with the other reviewer about there being quite a bit of space between bristles and barrel. In fact, the whole thing popped out while I was washing. Back to Target it went.