Physicians Formula Organic Wear Pressed Powder

2.9

INGREDIENT LIST #1: MICA, JOJOBA SEED OIL*, CORN STARCH*, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, KAOLIN, CALCIUM CARBONATE, OLIVE FRUIT OIL*, GLYCERIN, SOYBEAN OIL*, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT). INGREDIENT LIST #2: MICA, CORN STARCH *, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, KAOLIN, OLIVE FRUIT OIL *, JOJOBA SEED OIL *, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CINNAMIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GRAPE SEED OIL *, SOYABEAN OIL *, RICE HULL POWDER , BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES. * CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT (ECOCERT)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

LOVE! HG powder! Gives great coverage and a nice glow. Will never use anything else.

on 1/29/2009 1:29:00 PM

I don`t review makeup products often, but wanted to chime my two cents in on this one. I never noticed any smell, but I have had it a couple months now, so maybe I just cannot remember. This is probably the best quality d/s pressed powder I have tried. I think it is certainly comparable in quality to lower-priced dept. store brands ( ie Cinique or Origins) and is not that much cheaper, anyway. The texture is quite sheer, so best suited for daytime or office wear or those who don`t desire lots of extra coverage. Gives a glowing finish and sets my makeup very nicely. Good color match too. Only con is the packaging gets very dirty and is impossible to clean.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Absolute crap. No coverage whatsoever. The only thing it's good for is removing shine.
Not to mention it smells like drool. At first I thought that I hadn't washed my brush well enough the night before (sometimes brushes get a weird smell when not all the product is removed during washing) but it really is the powder as I have come to find from reading others' reviews. Complete waste of money.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Pleasantly surprised by this product. I forgot my "home" powder during a trip back to the US and didn't want to use up my Guerlain pressed powder which is normally used only for touch ups, so I picked this up in the pressed version on a whim. I have this in translucent light.
Pros: the product itself works- good coverage, no weird color match, no oxidization, no pore enlarging going on.
Cons: the case sucks, and the brush sucks. Since I had not forgotten my powder brush this is a minor point. Oh and it smells like a** but that is what powder smells like with no fragrance. Other than reminding me of a corn starch factory I visited in China, the smell does not bother me.
Would rebuy in a pinch. I think this does as good of a job as HE powders but it won't kick my LM loose out of bed.

on 11/3/2008 5:19:00 PM

Overall, not a bad product. Regarding the smell, it smells like a natural product, with no fragrances added, not like a pressed powder loaded with chemicals containing harmful ingredients like the phthalates . When choosing organic make up there are trade-off s to be made. If fragrances were to be added to the product, it wouldn't be of 100% natural origin as advertised. Kudos to PF for introducing organic and fillers -free make up.
Update:
This is now my HG powder, I am in love with the smooth texture and the perfect shade for my skin tone. I will stock up if there is a sale going, although I would like to try something new, I believe that I will go back to this little pressed powder many times. Try it!

on 10/30/2008 9:33:00 PM

Wow !!
I really like this powder !! I love the product, love the packaging and love the smell !!
Will definitley re-purchase !!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the ONLY powder I've been able to wear consistently in a long, long, long time! The smell is a little odd at first, but it definitely isn't terrible, despite some of the harsh reviews. I also have a very sensitive sense of smell where I'm usually bothered by things easily if it's too weird. The smell does go away after an hour or so and after repeated use of the product over the past 4 months, the smell is completely gone; even from the compact itself.
I truly do have horrible skin, so I put on my Loreal quick stick foundation, some Silk Naturals heavy coverage blend in some tough spots, and then dust this powder over, which evens everything out and takes the last bit of redness out of my cheeks, nose, and chin area. It's truly amazing.. It looks natural on with no ultra matte canvas, but it's NOT shiny at all. It looks the way normal, clear skin would look if it was perfect, lol, which is the trick after all, right?

As for pore clogging... If we really think about it, ANYTHING we're literally pressing into our face may potentially clog some pores, especially tiny bits of powder that are just sitting on the face all day long. There literally could not be a product out there that is not pore clogging at all because the skin has to breathe fully and simply cannot do so while we pile stuff on top of it. Some holy people are blessed with amazing skin that can take the wrath of anything, no matter what they do, but then there's the rest of us that have to find that one product that does the LEAST damage. I think I've managed to find just that.

Definitely my HG powder. Please don't take it away!

Oh, and I have very pale skin, especially in winter and the Translucent Fair is perfect. I haven't tried the other colors such as the Creamy Natural, despite some temptation.

***EDIT**** Broke me out and the fact that it has corn starch in it is a big no no for me. Cheap filler that feeds bacteria, no thanks!

on 9/13/2008 4:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OMG why does this smell like poo? Well... not totally like poo, but more like the stench when you pass by a neighbor's bush that hasn't been tamed for a while. I really don't know how to describe the stench other than it smelling like some dirty smelling plant. The stench also sticks with you until you wash it off at the end of the day, and it sticks to your brush as well. The packaging is pretty unique and I don't have that big of a problem with it. It is made mainly of paper/cardboard and some plastic, and it has several magnets hidden on the edges to keep the flaps closed. It also comes with a useless brush, but I guess it's nice to have if you don't want to carry a larger one. I don't have any complaint about the powder itself. It gives light to medium coverage. I bought the wrong shade so I won't be using this again... and also b/c of the smell... I don't want people to think I need to shower.

I think this product is horrible. It looked awful on my fair skin and didn't cover anything (redness or uneven skin tone). It also didn't feel good on. I would never buy it again.

on 6/28/2008 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this product. It is not a foundation, and should not be treated as so. It is a TRANSLUCENT powder. It works best over the Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer (about five minutes after application). The brush that comes in the compact is not the greatest--I prefer my Alima # 25.

Anyway, this is really good at controlling oil, does not cause breakouts, is not cakey, and is very good color-wise. It just looks really natural.

I also like that the packaging uses 93% less plastic and none of the product ingredients are synthetic. EDIT: I think this is a little pore clogging, so I've gone back to my Alima. It saddens me because I really like this product otherwise. I may go back to it and try it again in the future, in case my skin was just being weird.