October 25, 2014 | 968 users online

Pressed Powders - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2008 9:24:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pleasantly surprised by this product. I forgot my "home" powder during a trip back to the US and didn't want to use up my Guerlain pressed powder which is normally used only for touch ups, so I picked this up in the pressed version on a whim. I have this in translucent light.
Pros: the product itself works- good coverage, no weird color match, no oxidization, no pore enlarging going on.
Cons: the case sucks, and the brush sucks. Since I had not forgotten my powder brush this is a minor point. Oh and it smells like a** but that is what powder smells like with no fragrance. Other than reminding me of a corn starch factory I visited in China, the smell does not bother me.
Would rebuy in a pinch. I think this does as good of a job as HE powders but it won't kick my LM loose out of bed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by lunagoose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, not a bad product. Regarding the smell, it smells like a natural product, with no fragrances added, not like a pressed powder loaded with chemicals containing harmful ingredients like the phthalates . When choosing organic make up there are trade-off s to be made. If fragrances were to be added to the product, it wouldn't be of 100% natural origin as advertised. Kudos to PF for introducing organic and fillers -free make up.
Update:
This is now my HG powder, I am in love with the smooth texture and the perfect shade for my skin tone. I will stock up if there is a sale going, although I would like to try something new, I believe that I will go back to this little pressed powder many times. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2008 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Laroosh

Wow !!
I really like this powder !! I love the product, love the packaging and love the smell !!
Will definitley re-purchase !!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 10:55:00 PM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the ONLY powder I've been able to wear consistently in a long, long, long time! The smell is a little odd at first, but it definitely isn't terrible, despite some of the harsh reviews. I also have a very sensitive sense of smell where I'm usually bothered by things easily if it's too weird. The smell does go away after an hour or so and after repeated use of the product over the past 4 months, the smell is completely gone; even from the compact itself.
I truly do have horrible skin, so I put on my Loreal quick stick foundation, some Silk Naturals heavy coverage blend in some tough spots, and then dust this powder over, which evens everything out and takes the last bit of redness out of my cheeks, nose, and chin area. It's truly amazing.. It looks natural on with no ultra matte canvas, but it's NOT shiny at all. It looks the way normal, clear skin would look if it was perfect, lol, which is the trick after all, right?

As for pore clogging... If we really think about it, ANYTHING we're literally pressing into our face may potentially clog some pores, especially tiny bits of powder that are just sitting on the face all day long. There literally could not be a product out there that is not pore clogging at all because the skin has to breathe fully and simply cannot do so while we pile stuff on top of it. Some holy people are blessed with amazing skin that can take the wrath of anything, no matter what they do, but then there's the rest of us that have to find that one product that does the LEAST damage. I think I've managed to find just that.

Definitely my HG powder. Please don't take it away!

Oh, and I have very pale skin, especially in winter and the Translucent Fair is perfect. I haven't tried the other colors such as the Creamy Natural, despite some temptation.

***EDIT**** Broke me out and the fact that it has corn starch in it is a big no no for me. Cheap filler that feeds bacteria, no thanks!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 4:54:00 AM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

OMG why does this smell like poo? Well... not totally like poo, but more like the stench when you pass by a neighbor's bush that hasn't been tamed for a while. I really don't know how to describe the stench other than it smelling like some dirty smelling plant. The stench also sticks with you until you wash it off at the end of the day, and it sticks to your brush as well. The packaging is pretty unique and I don't have that big of a problem with it. It is made mainly of paper/cardboard and some plastic, and it has several magnets hidden on the edges to keep the flaps closed. It also comes with a useless brush, but I guess it's nice to have if you don't want to carry a larger one. I don't have any complaint about the powder itself. It gives light to medium coverage. I bought the wrong shade so I won't be using this again... and also b/c of the smell... I don't want people to think I need to shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by nicholmattson

I think this product is horrible. It looked awful on my fair skin and didn't cover anything (redness or uneven skin tone). It also didn't feel good on. I would never buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2008 12:57:00 AM More reviews by thatgirlangie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product. It is not a foundation, and should not be treated as so. It is a TRANSLUCENT powder. It works best over the Organic Wear Tinted Moisturizer (about five minutes after application). The brush that comes in the compact is not the greatest--I prefer my Alima # 25.

Anyway, this is really good at controlling oil, does not cause breakouts, is not cakey, and is very good color-wise. It just looks really natural.

I also like that the packaging uses 93% less plastic and none of the product ingredients are synthetic. EDIT: I think this is a little pore clogging, so I've gone back to my Alima. It saddens me because I really like this product otherwise. I may go back to it and try it again in the future, in case my skin was just being weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2008 1:49:00 AM More reviews by RachVonH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find no fault with this product-- It does not give the most amazing coverage but I don't really need any. I mainly use this to even out skin tone, it sinks into my moisturizer perfectly. The smell is strong. It doesn't linger on your skin, but when you open up the compact it kinda hits you. I love the packaging and the little brush it comes with works really well. Slightly pricey for a DS powder (about $12), but it will last for forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by jenfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've had really mixed results with Physician's Formula Organic Wear products, but this is one that I've been able to use. I need something to help even out my skin tone and cover a little redness. I used to use a liquid foundation but hated putting it on my skin everyday. Instead, I've been able to apply this with a large powder brush after moisturizing. It acts kind of like a cream powder and covers very well even with a super light application (which is amazing considering the PF organic blush hardly covers at all!) It looks pretty natural and lasts all day. Some people have complained about the strong herbal/lavender scent of PF's organic products. I'm very sensitive to fragrances (some even trigger horrible headaches) and I have to say that I don't really like the smell, but it does gradually fade after application. It's easier to tolerate knowing that it's from natural sources and not a synthetic chemical fragrance. After switching to natural, organic skin care and makeup 5 months ago, I've had ZERO breakouts and much less redness and irritation. Even though PF's organic wear are expensive for drugstore products and have their problems, I'd much rather use this knowing it's better for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by catlady_2536

i have fairly light skin with freckles and went with the creamy beige. it was too light. this product looks much darker in the pakage then it really is. The powder was ok, nothing special....very strong smell, but it does go away after a while, still not a fan of the smell. kind of a chalky finish
nice packaging...recyclable, but the top would probably fall off after a while being thrown around in a purse
Overall, not too good, not too bad
I returned the product and bought the tinted moisturizer instead.
i will update a review of that product later