Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 3/21/2012 12:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is a concealer that is okay to keep in my purse for on the go touch ups. I have dark circles and my standby concealer is bulky and depending on how tired I am, it can fade midday. I like this for a no fuss quick application on my "bad" days. The formula is thick and creamy. The coverage is pretty decent w/ 2 layers. I use the medium shade and I love that it's not too warm toned. Pink toned concealers seem to work better on me. I find this has better coverage then the following DS concealers: 1. CG simply ageless pot 2. Maybelline age rewind 3. Maybelline mineral wear 4. Maybelline superstay 5. Revlon CS 6. Revlon PR and 7. Most of PF concealers

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a -eh- range for me. It's waxy and it feels thick on my skin, but it lasts and doesn't fade for quite a while. If you can wear lots of makeup and not feel weird/fake, go for it. I just love my natural makeup (I only wear the basics for face makeup).

on 12/7/2011 4:54:00 AM

I absolutely love this concealer, it covers fairly well, and its really smooth. I love it.

on 12/4/2011 2:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I liked this product, I got the medium shade but it's too pink. It is very smooth while blending it in and the coverage is amazing. I use this only for blemishes and discolorations. I don't use it for my under eyes because, even though it covers my dark circles very well, it settles into the fine lines I didn't know I had! lol
Overall good product. Not sure if I'll buy this shade but maybe I'll try the neutralizing one or a lighter shade.

on 12/4/2011 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is great! There are a few bad things about it, but in the long run I like it. I use it to cover blemishes and scars and it covers very well. But I have oily skin, and its kind of an oily product so you have to set it with a powder. It does like to come off easily but the coverage is wonderful.

on 11/14/2011 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

i was disappointed with this concealer. it's a decent price, and has good coverage. but that's about all i like about it. first of all when i bought this it only came in three shades: light, medium, and dark. i bought it in medium, which is way too dark/peachy/pink! i used it as a blemish concealer for a while. it blends fairly well (probably more so if it was the right shade), and as i said before, has good coverage. however, i have oily skin, and this stuff does not stay put! i was ready to chuck it in the garbage until i decided i should try it as an undereye concealer. i have blue veins under my eyes and thought that the peachy color would be good for counter-acting the blue, and that the creamy moist texture wouldn't crease under my eyes. i was wrong. this barely lasted a full day and did next to nothing for correcting the blueness. plus, it creased like MAD! this is not creamy, i would call it greasy. it might be good if you have dry, cool toned skin. but i hate it.

I tried a lot of concealers for under my eyes and this is the only one I found that doesn't make the area look crinkled and dry. It is a great product!

on 10/30/2011 2:57:00 PM

Does a pretty good job but is a little drying. However, it's as good as Benefit Boi ing at a fraction of the cost.

on 10/23/2011 1:54:00 AM

This works almost as well as Benefit's Erase Paste for dark circles, and it's faster and easier to apply. This costs around $5-6 at Target and you get a decent amount of product that will last for a long time. It goes on smoothly even without primer and blends relatively easily. The only con is that it tends to settle into fine lines, but it's hardly noticeable so it's not a major concern. Overall, I will purchase this again because of it's great coverage.

Update: It's been a couple months since I reviewed this initially, and guess what? Still loving it! The only thing I don't like is that during the cold winter season, the product is cold and hard to blend. Nonetheless, the coverage is still the best you can get from a drugstore.

on 10/21/2011 6:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this in 'neutralizer' and it's all right. a little light for my skin tone but after finishing off w/ powder and letting it settle it's ok. it does blend pretty easily and the packaging is great. i do have to reapply to my trouble spots(where i use this) at least once during the 8hr work-day, but it's a lot better than using foundation. i got mine about a month ago and i realized a few days ago that it smells like nuts. i'm serious, i smelled it and i immediately thought of almonds and walnuts. now i'm not sure if this is just mine, if there's something growing on that that's making it smell or if this is 'normal' for this concealer. anyway i would and will repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials