April 21, 2014 | 1505 users online

Styling Products - John Frieda - Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ksater

I used to use this product for a few years, but am no longer purchasing for two reasons: 1) Scent, and 2) Packaging.
1) The company began to make the scent stronger. I wrote to them and asked them about it, and i received a response that they increased the scent to increase customer satisfaction. Go figure. I am not "sensitive" to scents, i just don't want to clash with a fragrance that i am choosing to wear, but mostly i don't wear perfumes as so many people are sensitive to scents these days - which is one reason that i am no longer buying this product.
2) When i used to buy it, i preferred to buy it in the flat pouch, which would enable me to get all the product out, and there would be little packaging to throw into the landfill. It became harder to find those flat pouches, so i could only find the bottles. It is impossible to get all the product out of the bottle (RIP OFF), and it was more packaging to throw into the landfill (ENVIRONMENTALLY UNFRIENDLY),

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2010 10:03:00 AM More reviews by linhyyx

Best serum I have ever used! Better than this Clinique I use to use and for so much cheaper. I apply one pump and distribute it throughout my damp hair, concentrating on the ends. When my hair is dry, it feels so smooth and silky, no frizz what so ever! Of course teaming it up with other JF products will give you much better results however I have tried using the serum when I've washed my hair with just an ordinary cheap shampoo and it still made my hair amazing! After this original formula finishes I am going to buy the one with thermal protection so I don't have to use any heat protectant.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2010 3:44:00 AM More reviews by bluenote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This smells nice and does tame the flyaways on the top of my head. I don't think I'd buy it again, however, as it doesn't really have a place in my beauty routine.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/7/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by scarletquill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've only got the 'original formula' of this, but it does nothing for my hair. I have medium length frizzy hair, and I notice absolutely no difference when I use this. Even glossing/shine mists and sprays do more to manage my hair than this. I love most of the other Frizz-Ease products from John Frieda, but I won't be buying this again. It really does last a long time though, because you only need a tiny bit each time you use it, the bottle looks tiny when you buy it, but it goes a long way! John Frieda's 'Downplay' serum from the Frizz-Ease line does MUCH more though for those of us who want less bulk to our hair!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2010 1:08:00 AM More reviews by Starrguise

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this on clearance $1 at my local grocer, so I decided to give it a try. I really wanted to like this product, but it makes my hair feel weighed down and oily. I used very little and tried to spread it out as even as possible, but no matter how little I used, it still seemed to make my hair feel greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by sdmchan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have thick, straight Asian hair. When I had a perm (spiral curls), this was THE BEST product! Make sure that your hair is still wet when you apply it to get it evenly distributed. I found that I needed quite a bit so the fact that it comes in such a tiny bottle made it very expensive. However, it was so great at defining the curl when I used my diffuser to dry my hair. It left the hair shiny and smooth looking, even with the dryness of the perm. I would definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by dlamsw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this a while ago. Never bother to use because I'm not much of a fan of "serum" hair products. Until one day I ran out of thermal protect spray and need an substitute to tame my frizzy hair before blow drying. Since I'm afraid it will be greasy on my hair, I only rubbed a little bit through my hair. After I blow-dry my hair, omg, it worked like a miracle. My hair was frizz-free, shiny and smooth. This is a must have for me from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by arualx

I have naturally curly/fine hair. This product definitely helps combat my frizz. I use it when I wear my hair curly, and when I blow-dry it straight. This product works, though I would be interested in seeing if there are better serums out there. For a drugstore serum it's great though. Make sure you do not put too much product in your hair, because it will make your hair look oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 12:38:00 AM More reviews by heavendelivered

I use to buy this product all the time till I found a cheaper version that works the same for me. I liked that it was a builable hair serum. You can little by little depending the look you want and level of shine. I have lots of frizz so I would add and add. My thick frizzy hair would require lots of this product so it got a bit pricey but I loved it.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/12/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by WebbyGale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have dry curly and frizzy hair and this did nothing for it. At first I thought I was using too little so I used more but it only made my hair look greasy. This might be okay for those with staight to wavy hair with little frizz. Also good if you want some shine. I even tried the extra strength version and wasn't much better. I prefer BIO SILK over this.