John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum

3.1

on 6/27/2010 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This works if you use a MINUTE amount and keep it far, far away from your roots... which is frustrating, because what the heck are you supposed to do for the frizz on the crown of your head? Using more than a drop or two - not even a full pump - made my hair look super greasy, but the one/two drop amount kept frizz at bay for most of the day. However, like most anti-frizz serums, you have to wash your hands multiple times afterward to get all that slick residue off... more hassle than it's worth.

on 6/12/2010 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

The first hair serum I ever bought, this is such an oldie to me. It does a decent job, gives me shine and smooths my hair without weighing it down or making it look greasy. It doesn't dry out my hair either if I don't wash it off the next day. The scent is subtle too, at least I think so. It's good so I suggest giving it a try.

on 5/23/2010 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

WOW WOW WOW WOOOWWW! i love this! pricce is good also considering target packaged 2 as a bogo! i put this is wet air that was like in a towel for 10min and when my hair was COMPLETLEY dry it felt soooooooooooo SOFFT! its really silky and my hair has not felt like this for a while!!! so happy and love the packaging! a pump!

on 5/17/2010 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Another product that didnt really help my thick curly Mediterranean hair! It seemed to make it more greasy than anything and wasnt strong enough to be used on it's own to combat frizz (which is my hair's middle name)
Back to the hunt for a perfect anti - frizz product (or straighteners that dont damage your hair!

on 5/12/2010 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this after every time I washed my hair, and I waited and waited to finally see some results, but frankly, I never did.
Agreed, it does soften your hair a bit, but it really doesn't tame any frizz, not for me anyway.

I am now using something from pro-duo and that really works. I'm never ever trying anything from john frieda again.

on 5/12/2010 5:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this because of the hype. I can see NO results whatsoever on my hair. I use it as advised on soaking wet hair, I focus on my ends, but with no visible results.

I do not have frizzy hair, however, but I was told it could help make ends look less dry and feel softer. It did nothing like that. Will not buy again.

Also, the bottle leaks if its not standing up, and since it's a light little bottle, it easily tips over. I think one third of this bottle leaked in my bag. Big dissapointment.

on 5/2/2010 11:56:00 PM

This is one hair product I find myself coming back to time and time again. I started using it close to six years ago.
I have wavy, full, medium thickness hair that gets greasy easily- I'm talking gets greasy by spending too much time cooking. When I started using this I was heat styling everyday and it worked beautifully. I no longer use appliances everyday. Just wash condition use detangler and this and I am good to go. It really works best if you apply it on dripping wet hair and then comb. Other serums seem to coat the hair and leave me looking like I rubbed crisco on my hair or some feel like hair gel. JF Frizz ease is perfect. I doubt I will ever stray from using it again.
The packaging is a little frustrating because you can't get the last bit out which actually lasts me 8 uses or so. But it doesnt seem to be much better with other serums

on 4/24/2010 10:46:00 PM

I used to use this product for a few years, but am no longer purchasing for two reasons: 1) Scent, and 2) Packaging.
1) The company began to make the scent stronger. I wrote to them and asked them about it, and i received a response that they increased the scent to increase customer satisfaction. Go figure. I am not "sensitive" to scents, i just don't want to clash with a fragrance that i am choosing to wear, but mostly i don't wear perfumes as so many people are sensitive to scents these days - which is one reason that i am no longer buying this product.
2) When i used to buy it, i preferred to buy it in the flat pouch, which would enable me to get all the product out, and there would be little packaging to throw into the landfill. It became harder to find those flat pouches, so i could only find the bottles. It is impossible to get all the product out of the bottle (RIP OFF), and it was more packaging to throw into the landfill (ENVIRONMENTALLY UNFRIENDLY),

on 4/18/2010 10:03:00 AM

Best serum I have ever used! Better than this Clinique I use to use and for so much cheaper. I apply one pump and distribute it throughout my damp hair, concentrating on the ends. When my hair is dry, it feels so smooth and silky, no frizz what so ever! Of course teaming it up with other JF products will give you much better results however I have tried using the serum when I've washed my hair with just an ordinary cheap shampoo and it still made my hair amazing! After this original formula finishes I am going to buy the one with thermal protection so I don't have to use any heat protectant.

on 4/12/2010 3:44:00 AM

This smells nice and does tame the flyaways on the top of my head. I don't think I'd buy it again, however, as it doesn't really have a place in my beauty routine.

Popular Styling Products