Garnier 2-in-1 Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover

4.5

Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Rose Centifolia Flower Water, Dipotassium Phosphate, Poloxamer 184, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide, Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Chloride, CI 61565 / Green 6 (F.I.L. B26656/1)

on 2/27/2011 7:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've re-purchased this so many times, been using it for about 8 months now. This is a staple in my skincare regimen. To remove my eye makeup, I first wash my face with a cleanser to loosen the makeup and then I take a cotton cosmetic pad and soak it in a bi-phase eye makeup remover, hold it on my eye for 30 seconds or so then sweep away. Because bi-phase makeup removers are essential in my routine, I've tried quite a few of them. This one is really effective in removing eye makeup, does it effortlessly. It never irritates my sensitive skin and eyes. The packaging is much better than other ones I've tried (i.e. L'Oreal biphase), much more secure. I've traveled with it many times and it's never leaked. It's size is fantastic, 200 ml goes a long way.

For UK'ers: This eye makeup remover from the Clean Sensitive range retails for about 4.99 but they've recently launched the 'Simply Essentials' range which also includes a biphase eye makeup remover (pretty much identical to the Clean Sensitive one), same size, but cheaper for 2.99 so I'm really happy about that!

on 2/18/2011 5:47:00 AM

Oh wow I love this stuff. I'm on my third bottle, and I love the way it gets every little bit of makeup off without scrubbing. You just gently sweep it over you face and you can see what comes off! :) Waterproof mascara is equally easy to remove which is a BIG plus. :) the only gripe I have is with the first bottle I bought the lid snapped off whilst I was travelling, and it can be a little irritating to mix the liquid/oil to get the right amount onto a cotton pad. Otherwise, very good for sensitive skin, removing makeup and very reasonably priced.

on 1/14/2011 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This is my second bottle of this stuff, although I didn't use much of the first bottle because my mum thought it was cleanser so she used it like crazy!

But this is such a good gentle make up remover ladies, definitelt worth it! I bought mine today for $13 New Zealand dollars which is not bad seeing how much you get with it 200ml that is bigger than your average eye make up remover.

What I love about this product is that I know my eye area won't be dry and flaky afterwards like what some other product can do to you.

I'm really liking how easy it is to use and how gentle it feels on your skin!

hopefully I will continue to like it, fingercrossed :p

Anyways I hope this review was a bit helpful to someone

on 12/20/2010 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Good product, really impressed as it took off my extremely waterproof mascara. Although it did take a few cotton balls to do so. The pacakaging itself is fine, but i got a bit annoyed with having to shake the product to mix the two different make up remover solutions, over and over. Apart from that- great :)

on 10/7/2010 2:29:00 AM

I have tried different makeup remover pads, wipes and solutions and can honestly say this is my HG. I always use waterproof mascara and with the other products I've tried have had to rub until the skin around my eyes stings to get it off, and even then, it was never as clean as what I get using this. It does say its perfume free but I find the faint floral smell to be quite pleasant.

And the price, particularly as I bought it with $4 off at Kmart....<3

I do have to say though that the packaging is a little awkward, and I get some wastage with the lid, but its not a con that's significant enough to outweigh the fact that this is really excellent at getting makeup off, which is its job after all.

on 9/17/2010 9:52:00 AM

I've used this every night for months and I'm only halfway through! Removes my waterproof mascara (unless it's applied really thick, in which case I use extra virgin olive oil) and does not clog my pores or cause break outs. It's really gentle for my dry, sensitive skin and dirt cheap, especially seeing as how I can't even remember how long I've had it for. Will definitely repurchase this over and over!

on 9/3/2010 7:44:00 PM

It does the job at removing my eye makeup but i'm always on the hunt for better eye makeup removers so yeah. It's pretty good.

on 8/22/2010 7:07:00 AM

Even though it says it does not contain perfume, it has quite a strong rose/lily scent that sometimes can get overpowering. This is the one with 2 layers, oil and water, and you need to shake it well before use. For the price it's great. It does remove makeup even waterproof. You do need some effort but still bearable, with waterproof mascara or eyeliners. If only it has no such strong rose scent, but it works for a good inexpensive price for 200ml bottle. It's good. I'd repurchase when I can't get hold of my preferred Korean or Japanese eye makeup removers.

on 8/16/2010 8:30:00 AM

Best make-up remover I've used so far!
Not that I have used a lot but I used to use oil-free ones and it always take SOME effort to get the eye make-ups off, even when they are not waterproof.
With this one, it was absolutely effortless! Just press a cotton pad on my eyes for a few seconds, gently wiggle a bit and swipe off, and it's all gone!!
It's a big bottle and cheap enough! Will definitely buy again

on 8/9/2010 5:12:00 PM

I used to use a similar Clarins product for makeup removal and I can honestly say this is better - I used to be a sucker for brands.
Clarins left my skin feeling oily and after a while, very sensitive and tight.
This product sweeps through even the heaviest of makeup with one go - no rubbing required.
Takes off eye makeup really easily and the best thing is it costs less than 5 compared to 15 for the Clarins equivalent.
I don't like creamy cleansers so this is perfect for me.
The only thing I don't like is the design of the lid - once or twice I've ended up with a leaking bottle when either the top snaps off or the actual lid doesn't screw on properly - if you're buying one check it's ok when you lift it off the shelf, nothing more annoying than finding half of it inside the bag!