September 21, 2014 | 1788 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Defining/Angled Eye Brush

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 10:23:00 AM More reviews by mechanicaljen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Way too big for an eyeliner brush. I use this for base color and highlighting my brow.

I'm somewhat clumsy, so this brush is a bit "fat" to be super versatile for me. But its good to have around. For $1, what do you have to lose?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 10:07:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this brush! Dont get me wrong, i luv the reg $1 shadow brush even more but i have reasons 4 both. I love this angled brush for applying browbone highlighting, packing lid color, lower lash line smudging shadow and esp i find it works best for outer v work. I first use the top/tip of brush and place shadow into crease and then I use it by placing the thinner part of the angle upwards and the fatter part down on lash line rite on the most outer part of eye or outer v, and pulling inward to inner eye (toward nose) by doing this it helps place my contour color onto outer most lid and blending into crease and outer v. If u use the very tip of brush for placing the 'v' line in outer v and can use the method i use or the elf $1 blending brush. Crease work is so easy with this brush (& elf $1 shadow and blending brushes u got it made) i love the brush so much i have 4 of them. I have had two hairs shed with the 1 brush but out of 4 brushes and a million uses/washes its incredible! If u could understand what i meant with this, im sure u will luv them too!
*UPDATE- now since ive been using makeup for more than a few years & have since collected alot more brushes most affordable ones but this brush has still remained one of my most used & favorite eye brushes. im not sure if its bc of my smaller eye shape but this angle defining brush helps with my outer v area like no crease brush has been able to do with ease. it applies, defines & can blend- i have 4 of these & have 2 backups just in case i lose one or something. i most really love this brush since i notice i reach for it with almost every look. i learned to appreciate the differences between each Defining brush- i know Mac has a similar brush that will cost you 10x more at least. CoastalScents has a similar brush too thats around $5 + shipping. so its a great deal! fabulous brush- dont let the price fool you! I have read some of the reviews here & some people were complaining that its not working for them to line their eyes. ??This brush is def not meant to line your eyes at all. This is just a typical slanted eye shadow brush. Its more meant to define your crease or eye lid. so if you are trying to use this to brush to line- it will be a fail, try their studio liner brush, they are great esp the new bent angle brush!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/22/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by xyoru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

Not terrible, but not fantastic either.
It does it's job, however I think it sheds quite a bit on me.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2010 1:48:00 AM More reviews by Sarrellie

I love E.L.F. and haven't had any problems with any of the products I've tried before but this brush was kind of a let down. It's scratchy and not really good for doing anything with your eyes, but I have found that it's okay for filling in your eyebrows with eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:44:00 PM More reviews by sinercelywhitkay

I've had this brush for about three months and I'm JUST now decided on how i want to use it, as an eyebrow brush to fill in my brows with my eyeshadow :/ other than that it's useless to me but it was only $1 so no love lost or gained.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2010 5:39:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I never used to like angled shadow brushes, but that was before I knew what to do with them.

Now that I have an idea of how to use this brush properly, it is wonderful.

Works well if you point the longer edge of the angle towards the outer end of your eyebrow and sweep up into your crease. You can even make a more dramatic look by bringing the shadow up higher to create that cat-eye outer corner look.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2010 9:21:00 PM More reviews by iheartmypitbull

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is a great brush for only $1. I prefer the regular eyeshadow brush, since this feels a little cheaper and doesn't perform as well, but for $1 I'm not going to complain!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by sweetshiningstar

When I bought this a couple hairs on the end had glue stuck to it but I snipped it off with scissors and the brush is still great.

The brush is soft, and if you have small eyes (I'm Asian) like me this brush can work well to deliver color to your crease area. It's thin enough to be precise the the angle really works well in your crease. I use the tip of it, I don't use it flat on it's side.

It's not one of my absolute go-to's for eye brushes, but it is one of my more useful ones. It's great for precision.

I also highly recommend the Everyday Minerals smudge brush for delivering color to the crease. It has a small, precise tip and is better for blending!

This one might be easier for beginners, tho, that one can pick up a LOT of product if you're not careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2010 12:57:00 PM More reviews by duhnay

I use this brush every day! i love it! it is soft and for only $1 come on! that is so cheap and it is a great brush! I use it on my crease, for blending, and for even highlighting my brow bone and it works like a charm! it is definitely a dollar you wont regret spending!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own the Sigma angle brush and the MAC 275 and I always prefer this little $1 brush to those two. I think it's because it's thinner so that it allows me to create a very fine crease line, smokes out the eye perfectly.