E.L.F. Defining/Angled Eye Brush

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a decent brush.. I wouldn't recommend it for doing any type of work in the crease as it is not dense enough and you relinquish control by using this type of brush. I use this to apply a highlight though.. it does pretty well in that department.

pretty good for creases, but i dont like using it if im in a rush, as i am not a pro at makeup and its fairly easy to make a mistake i dont find it very controllable. its GREAT when i do have the time to do my makeup properly and with a steadier hand.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I got this brush for $1.25. That's reason enough to try it. It does have some good points that make it worth more that it costs.
-The metal part that holds the bristles is sturdy. I have had many cheapie brushes break because the metal part is weak and falls apart.
-The thin handle feels good in my hand. It has a satiny finish and it's pretty as well.
-The bristles are soft and I have not had shedding problems.
It isn't my favorite eyeshadow brush because it's not very dense and therefore does not pick up enough pigment, but for the price, this is a great brush! I use mine most often to apply highlight and transition shades and to blend lines.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

FABULOUS BRUSH!! I have 3 of them, use them mainly for crease contouring but also like them for brow bone hi-lighting. FOr $1, you can't beat it!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I can't believe people can't find a use for this! This is perfect for brushing a darker shadow along the crease and outer v for definition. Since it's fluffy, it picks up tons of shadow. Also, since it's tapered, I use it for blending the line I created along the edges toward the outer crease.

Way too big for an eyeliner brush. I use this for base color and highlighting my brow.

I'm somewhat clumsy, so this brush is a bit "fat" to be super versatile for me. But its good to have around. For $1, what do you have to lose?

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love this brush! Dont get me wrong, i luv the reg $1 shadow brush even more but i have reasons 4 both. I love this angled brush for applying browbone highlighting, packing lid color, lower lash line smudging shadow and esp i find it works best for outer v work. I first use the top/tip of brush and place shadow into crease and then I use it by placing the thinner part of the angle upwards and the fatter part down on lash line rite on the most outer part of eye or outer v, and pulling inward to inner eye (toward nose) by doing this it helps place my contour color onto outer most lid and blending into crease and outer v. If u use the very tip of brush for placing the 'v' line in outer v and can use the method i use or the elf $1 blending brush. Crease work is so easy with this brush (& elf $1 shadow and blending brushes u got it made) i love the brush so much i have 4 of them. I have had two hairs shed with the 1 brush but out of 4 brushes and a million uses/washes its incredible! If u could understand what i meant with this, im sure u will luv them too!
*UPDATE- now since ive been using makeup for more than a few years & have since collected alot more brushes most affordable ones but this brush has still remained one of my most used & favorite eye brushes. im not sure if its bc of my smaller eye shape but this angle defining brush helps with my outer v area like no crease brush has been able to do with ease. it applies, defines & can blend- i have 4 of these & have 2 backups just in case i lose one or something. i most really love this brush since i notice i reach for it with almost every look. i learned to appreciate the differences between each Defining brush- i know Mac has a similar brush that will cost you 10x more at least. CoastalScents has a similar brush too thats around $5 + shipping. so its a great deal! fabulous brush- dont let the price fool you! I have read some of the reviews here & some people were complaining that its not working for them to line their eyes. ??This brush is def not meant to line your eyes at all. This is just a typical slanted eye shadow brush. Its more meant to define your crease or eye lid. so if you are trying to use this to brush to line- it will be a fail, try their studio liner brush, they are great esp the new bent angle brush!

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Not terrible, but not fantastic either.
It does it's job, however I think it sheds quite a bit on me.

I love E.L.F. and haven't had any problems with any of the products I've tried before but this brush was kind of a let down. It's scratchy and not really good for doing anything with your eyes, but I have found that it's okay for filling in your eyebrows with eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've had this brush for about three months and I'm JUST now decided on how i want to use it, as an eyebrow brush to fill in my brows with my eyeshadow :/ other than that it's useless to me but it was only $1 so no love lost or gained.

Popular Makeup Brushes