July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this for free since I picked it as part of my ulta rewards. I wanted a dark grape color and this color is just beautiful. It had flecks of red shimmer in it. It does take two coats otherwise the color will be sheer. I took one lippie off because OPI nailpolishes take forever to dry and this one is no different.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by megwilliams

I love this color. I got it as part of my TD order on a whim. I'd been lemming it for awhile, and it did not disappoint. I'm trying on a bunch of untrieds, so I've had a few disappointing manicures, but this polish made me remember what I love so much about nail polish. Inside, on me, it's almost a dark espresso brown at a distance, and a deep brownish-red when you look at it close up. Outside is where you can really see the red sparkles in it. It took 2 coats to be really opaque, at one, it was a little streaky in places. I used Rush High Speed TC and it dried like a dream. One thing to note was that once it started to dry, before I applied the top coat, it looked rather dull. However, once I applied the TC, it shined like crazy. I didn't take a lippie off, because I apply a TC anyway. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kimchix3

Looking at the bottle, I expected what the namesake was: black with red shimmers. However, on my nails, I noticed that under non-artificial lights, it was a concord grape color (dark dark purple). It was unexpected, and I would not call it black. In fact, the only way to see the red was to point out the tiny spot on my nail where I only had one layer on. The color was a disappointment.

The formula was fantastic, and the pro-wide brush is quickly becoming my favorite. Even if my pinky looks deformed, every other finger is just so fantastic, I'm willing to sacrifice it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pammam

I love this colour. The first time I saw it I had to own it!!! It really is a great alternative to black.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Love it! When I first saw this shade I had to have it and haven't been disappointed on application. As other people have said it is a great alternative to full on black and looks good on fair skin too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by skinlaced

when this came out in my school, it was a war trying to get this from some of the girls. for weeks, we all had the same polish on.

it's a deep purple which is good for people that don't like black. a lot of people that don't normally like dark colors, were slapping this on. it's a good fall/winter shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've not tried many dark colours but Black Cherry Chutney can be easily duped. Its a black purple with red micro-shimmers. Its a very easy to wear colour and can look great on fair --- dark skin.
I've seen this colour before by a different brand so its not that special. However, aplication was extremely easy due to the pro-wide brush and as with all OPIs, it dried very quick considering I dont use a top coat like SV.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by VMARTIN57

I recently obtained this polish via a swap and am in love with it. I tried both LPAD and Boris & Natasha which I didn't get on with however think BCC is a mixture of the two - has a good purple/raisin colour to it however as it is not a creme like B&N the colour seems to have real depth and a glossy shine. Will buy again. Hope it becomes a classic.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2009 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Angie7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The color is very nice, I have already been complimented on the polish. It is a deep red black though there are many comparable colors. The problem was the polish was a little sticky, streaked for the first coat, and pulled. Also, I thought it was dry but still did not do much with my hands for a few hours. But I went to sleep and I woke up I found the polish had imprinted with lines/smudged. Tried another coat, same thing. Also, not very shiny. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Jetaime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I know I'm a little late to this polish as it was released earlier this year as part of the OPI India collection. On my PPP skin, Black Cherry Chutney is a deep eggplant purple with faint shimmer. I see a lot of other reviewers describe it as a deep burgundy but it doesn't show up that way on me. Very "black cherry" (as with the name) on my skin. I feel the color, overall, is true to the bottle but was not quite as shimmery as I expected. On further inspection, I can see that the shimmer is much finer and lighter than my other very shimmery polishes like ChG's Ruby Pumps. As for the application, it goes on well with no streaks but does have a "gloopy" nature as others have noted. I used several q-tips to clean up my pedicure but dark colors require more patience. The finish was somewhat matte so I topped it with an OPI Start to Finish clear polish. It lasts long like most OPI polishes. This is a great vampy color for those who want a dark, sexy look that isn't black.