December 20, 2014 | 1681 users online

Polishes - OPI - Black Cherry Chutney

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 11:39:00 PM More reviews by lyrae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read once (possibly even in this very thread) someone's observations of the colour of this polish: that it's really gorgeous up close and under direct light, and it's a shame how you can't see how pretty it really is from a distance. That's my exact view too. It's really pretty at two coats, when you inspect it closely, with reddish shimmer and an unusual depth. But from just a couple of feet away you'd never know it wasn't just an average creamy dark burgundy colour. With three coats, I find the colour just becomes a muddy, flat almost-black brown, and the shimmer is lost entirely.

I love OPI quality, and from a technical standpoint this is another fantastic polish from them, but every time I've worn this colour I've just felt disappointed by it. I really wish I liked how it looks, but I just plain don't.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2009 2:41:00 AM More reviews by LaurenNicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this color. I generally like most of OPI's products in general. The application is easy and the color usually shows up to its truest potential in 2 coats. It's another wearable dark color that's great for Fall.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Bsheth86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this for free since I picked it as part of my ulta rewards. I wanted a dark grape color and this color is just beautiful. It had flecks of red shimmer in it. It does take two coats otherwise the color will be sheer. I took one lippie off because OPI nailpolishes take forever to dry and this one is no different.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 10:06:00 AM More reviews by megwilliams

I love this color. I got it as part of my TD order on a whim. I'd been lemming it for awhile, and it did not disappoint. I'm trying on a bunch of untrieds, so I've had a few disappointing manicures, but this polish made me remember what I love so much about nail polish. Inside, on me, it's almost a dark espresso brown at a distance, and a deep brownish-red when you look at it close up. Outside is where you can really see the red sparkles in it. It took 2 coats to be really opaque, at one, it was a little streaky in places. I used Rush High Speed TC and it dried like a dream. One thing to note was that once it started to dry, before I applied the top coat, it looked rather dull. However, once I applied the TC, it shined like crazy. I didn't take a lippie off, because I apply a TC anyway. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by kimchix3

Looking at the bottle, I expected what the namesake was: black with red shimmers. However, on my nails, I noticed that under non-artificial lights, it was a concord grape color (dark dark purple). It was unexpected, and I would not call it black. In fact, the only way to see the red was to point out the tiny spot on my nail where I only had one layer on. The color was a disappointment.

The formula was fantastic, and the pro-wide brush is quickly becoming my favorite. Even if my pinky looks deformed, every other finger is just so fantastic, I'm willing to sacrifice it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 9:18:00 PM More reviews by pammam

I love this colour. The first time I saw it I had to own it!!! It really is a great alternative to black.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 11:51:00 PM More reviews by luna83me

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

Love it! When I first saw this shade I had to have it and haven't been disappointed on application. As other people have said it is a great alternative to full on black and looks good on fair skin too.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 11:46:00 AM More reviews by skinlaced

when this came out in my school, it was a war trying to get this from some of the girls. for weeks, we all had the same polish on.

it's a deep purple which is good for people that don't like black. a lot of people that don't normally like dark colors, were slapping this on. it's a good fall/winter shade.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 3:14:00 PM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've not tried many dark colours but Black Cherry Chutney can be easily duped. Its a black purple with red micro-shimmers. Its a very easy to wear colour and can look great on fair --- dark skin.
I've seen this colour before by a different brand so its not that special. However, aplication was extremely easy due to the pro-wide brush and as with all OPIs, it dried very quick considering I dont use a top coat like SV.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by VMARTIN57

I recently obtained this polish via a swap and am in love with it. I tried both LPAD and Boris & Natasha which I didn't get on with however think BCC is a mixture of the two - has a good purple/raisin colour to it however as it is not a creme like B&N the colour seems to have real depth and a glossy shine. Will buy again. Hope it becomes a classic.