OPI Black Cherry Chutney

4.3

on 7/25/2009 2:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I like this color. I generally like most of OPI's products in general. The application is easy and the color usually shows up to its truest potential in 2 coats. It's another wearable dark color that's great for Fall.

on 5/6/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I got this for free since I picked it as part of my ulta rewards. I wanted a dark grape color and this color is just beautiful. It had flecks of red shimmer in it. It does take two coats otherwise the color will be sheer. I took one lippie off because OPI nailpolishes take forever to dry and this one is no different.

on 4/24/2009 10:06:00 AM

I love this color. I got it as part of my TD order on a whim. I'd been lemming it for awhile, and it did not disappoint. I'm trying on a bunch of untrieds, so I've had a few disappointing manicures, but this polish made me remember what I love so much about nail polish. Inside, on me, it's almost a dark espresso brown at a distance, and a deep brownish-red when you look at it close up. Outside is where you can really see the red sparkles in it. It took 2 coats to be really opaque, at one, it was a little streaky in places. I used Rush High Speed TC and it dried like a dream. One thing to note was that once it started to dry, before I applied the top coat, it looked rather dull. However, once I applied the TC, it shined like crazy. I didn't take a lippie off, because I apply a TC anyway. I will definitely repurchase if I run out.

on 3/19/2009 7:09:00 PM

Looking at the bottle, I expected what the namesake was: black with red shimmers. However, on my nails, I noticed that under non-artificial lights, it was a concord grape color (dark dark purple). It was unexpected, and I would not call it black. In fact, the only way to see the red was to point out the tiny spot on my nail where I only had one layer on. The color was a disappointment.

The formula was fantastic, and the pro-wide brush is quickly becoming my favorite. Even if my pinky looks deformed, every other finger is just so fantastic, I'm willing to sacrifice it.

on 3/11/2009 9:18:00 PM

I love this colour. The first time I saw it I had to own it!!! It really is a great alternative to black.

on 3/5/2009 11:51:00 PM

Love it! When I first saw this shade I had to have it and haven't been disappointed on application. As other people have said it is a great alternative to full on black and looks good on fair skin too.

on 2/18/2009 11:46:00 AM

when this came out in my school, it was a war trying to get this from some of the girls. for weeks, we all had the same polish on.

it's a deep purple which is good for people that don't like black. a lot of people that don't normally like dark colors, were slapping this on. it's a good fall/winter shade.

on 1/28/2009 3:14:00 PM

I've not tried many dark colours but Black Cherry Chutney can be easily duped. Its a black purple with red micro-shimmers. Its a very easy to wear colour and can look great on fair --- dark skin.
I've seen this colour before by a different brand so its not that special. However, aplication was extremely easy due to the pro-wide brush and as with all OPIs, it dried very quick considering I dont use a top coat like SV.

on 1/10/2009 2:52:00 AM

I recently obtained this polish via a swap and am in love with it. I tried both LPAD and Boris & Natasha which I didn't get on with however think BCC is a mixture of the two - has a good purple/raisin colour to it however as it is not a creme like B&N the colour seems to have real depth and a glossy shine. Will buy again. Hope it becomes a classic.

on 1/8/2009 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The color is very nice, I have already been complimented on the polish. It is a deep red black though there are many comparable colors. The problem was the polish was a little sticky, streaked for the first coat, and pulled. Also, I thought it was dry but still did not do much with my hands for a few hours. But I went to sleep and I woke up I found the polish had imprinted with lines/smudged. Tried another coat, same thing. Also, not very shiny. I would not buy again.

Popular Polishes