October 20, 2014 | 1945 users online

Moisturizers - Nuxe - Creme Fraiche de Beaute (for normal skin)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Oh dear. I wanted to LOVE this stuff. I was dreaming about it for ages! But me and Nuxe creme fraiche are not to be. It does make skin radiant... but i think the plant milks make it comedegenic- i reckon it has some sticky sugars in. I know this sounds a bit un-scientific! I think I should just stick with my HG Caudalie which makes skin even more radiant and no blemishes! If this works for u - fabulous! By the way the smell of this is most peculiar. It is like sour grass. And I agree with the person that says it makes a gorgeous hand cream. But at 19 it isn't a hand cream I'll be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 9:03:00 PM More reviews by StephB

I have combination, acne prone skin that tends to look oily in the t-zone. I love this moisturizer! The scent is nice and light and it feels wonderful on the skin. My skin feels truly soft and hydrated...not oily or greasy. It also didn't break me out like most new products I try. It hasn't made my t-zone oilier than usual during the day. Come to think of it, this is the first year I didn't get those little dry flakes (that have to be exfoliated away) with the weather getting colder. I'm very happy that I found Nuxe!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2003 6:21:00 PM More reviews by violinistgirl

Definitely not the best moisturizer for my skin. (I have pretty sensitive, combination skin with occasional hormonal break outs.) It didn't do away with my Tazorac/benzoyl peroxide dry spots and flakies, and even though it doesn't seem like a heavy moisturizer, I broke out with red bumps from this product. I tried this out for over two weeks, and I cleared up in a few days after I used something else.

p.s. I read reviews of 100% jojoba oil and tried that instead--it really is a fantastic thing. (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=1386/Jojoba_Oil_(100%_pure)/Desert_Essence/Treatments/)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2003 10:13:00 AM More reviews by jettrue

This is very close to HG status for me. I absolutely adore the scent. The texture is light and milky, and moisurizes well. I buy it at beautycenter.co.uk and its cheaper. This is slightly being challenged by the Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer I received in the Sephora pink bag, but I think I just love this stuff too much. :-) Will definitely purchase again!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2003 5:02:00 PM More reviews by woodstock

I have high hope on this product because of the review here raving for sensitive combo breakout prone skin, which is essentially my skintype. On the first night, I wake up with two red bumps. I give it another night try because it may just be coincident. On the 2nd night, my skin is a little bit tight and I put it on again. Boom, I wake up with 4 red bumps. I believe I'm allergic to it. I'm so sad that it didn't work for me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2003 7:28:00 AM More reviews by eka8098

I have only been using this product for less than a week, so it might be too soon to review. However, so far I am very happy with it. I have been having problems with my combination skin, which needs a lot of moisture but also tends to break out easily. My skin has been looking better since I began to use this moisturiser.
UPDATE: This moisturiser began to break me out :( works great as a hand cream though ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2003 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

My skin is on the oily side, so I don't often use moisturiser, but if I do, this one is perfect. Despite its thick texture, it is light and not at all greasy, and sinks in straight away. Not sure if there are any long term benefits, but my complexion definitely feels really soft and looks more glowy after applying. I haven't noticed any increase in breakouts since using it, and most importantly, unlike many products, it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2003 5:44:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not for me. My boyfriend didn't like it either. Says it reminds him of a Nivea cream he used as a teen.

Although this absorbed quickly, it did not go well on my combo, blemish-prone, sensitive skin. Red pimples surfaced the next day, but I gave it a 2-week trial.

Cream doesn't feel oily to the touch, but it's made with a lot of natural vegetable oils, and makes me oilier during the day. Didn't hydate or make my skin look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2003 9:49:00 AM More reviews by annas

I have almost finished all of this product, and I feel as if I should sing its praises. First of all, let me just say that it is not the most amazing product I have ever used. It is, however, very gentle and lightly moisturizing. I use it on my normal to oily skin in the winter and on the skin on my chest all year round. I love its light scent. I love the fact that it doesn't feel heavy or break me out. I don't buy all the all natural blah blah blah blah. However, I will buy this product again as my skin seems to like it. I will do my utmost to not buy it in the US where it is overpriced. I will beg my friends going to Europe instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2003 3:50:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ihad heard lots of raves for this cream so I had high expectations. unfortunately this did not work that well on my skin. It is moisturizing enough for summer but when it gets colder I need something stronger. This definitely does not beat clarins. It did not irritate my skin but I started getting breakouts after using this. I am guite a sure it is this cream because I get breakouts in such an unusual places all the time I have been using this. It is very strange because most people said this improved their skin and pimples disappeared. Have not found a winner for Clarins yet.