October 31, 2014 | 887 users online

Toners - Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2011 5:02:00 PM More reviews by AliveNside

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been doing this for a few years-- it really keeps my natural redness at bay on the face.
I put a green tea bag in a water bottle in the fridge overnight and while I'm drinkng my morning green tea (cold-yum!) I dab my face. I know from experience that it relaxes muscles, so I'm hoping that it is keeping wrinkles away.
And, yes, I always use organic green tea. It's only $3 at walmart for 40 tea bags. :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ScarletAuroraMB

I looove Green Tea, before reading about using this as a toner i had already been drinking it every morning and sometimes at night, so being so convenient i tried it out, and i'm happy i did! After drinking my cup of tea i swipe the tea bag all over my face and after it dries i couldn't believe how even my skintone was! I don't do this every day, because like other products i have used in the past (that my skin becomes immune to) i don't want this to happen! So i've been using this every few days, sometimes a week without using it. I found that it does stain clothes though! So be careful when applying it. (I think the staining maybe has something to do with how it evens out my skin tone, as green counteracts redness, and the tea has a green color to it) But i love this!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by pudgyoreo

I know this has worked very well for people, and I'm sad to say that it hasn't. I really wanted it to work for me, but for a strange reason I started developing blackheads after using it. I have clogged pores and tiny pimples around my face. After using this toner the two sides on my cheeks right beside my nose started developing black heads. It persisted and refused to go away, I had to go to a beautician to have them extracted.

I'm really confused as to why that happened. Perhaps it was because I wasn't using the organic green tea (although many others have had success with normal, caffeinated green tea bags, lucky them!).

However, I still think it's worth a shot given the price and the fact that this has worked well for so so many people.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/18/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by marihaamer

I tried this straight away when I saw it on here and I must say my skin has never looked better! I have been using it twice a day for around two weeks now and all the redness and impurities have completely disappeared, also it does an amazing job drying out the excess oil.

I make a cup of tea, drink it and then dab my face with the teabag while it's still warm, I think it feels really nice.

However, I saw that other users have also recommended using it on the eyes, I would definitely not do that. It caused the skin around my eyes dry out A LOT and one of my eyes even swelled a little bit. I guess that is quite a major inconvenience, I now try to avoid the eye area and put moisturiser around my eyes to protect the skin there before I use the green tea.
However, it doesn't reduce the overall amazing quality of this toner at all for me, I was using the Clinique 3 step program before and I have to say it was nowhere near as effective. I hope the effectiveness doesn't wear off as some users have said it did for them.

I highly reccommend this!

UPDATE - shortly after writing this review, I developed a mild rash on my cheek that hasn't gone away in two days since I stopped using green tea on my face. I also had a smaller dry patch under my eye again. However, this could partly be caused by my moisturizer not being very effective. Due to this problem I have also reduced the overall rating. On the bright side, apart from the rash my skin is in better condition than I can ever rembemer it being. I will try using the green tea only in my T-zone, but if the problems persist, I won't use it at all. It's sad that this product that I was so excited about in the beginning has such negative side effects for me (and it could be that my case is unique), but that's the way it is.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by KBaylie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

WOW. I'm suffering from hormonal acne (prior to not having acne at all) and this has really calmed my skin down. I use this twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. My skin really cleared up. I drink green tea everyday so I just make a new batch every three days or so from the leftover tea bags that I used to make green tea for myself. I am now wondering what benefits other types of tea has (as a topical treatment) like black tea, white tea, etc? Anyway, this will be a staple for me for as long as it continues to work!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by engelfeuer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using green tea as a toner for some time. It really works to tighten pores and give skin a healthy glow - which is in part due to the caffeine present in green tea. I make a batch using 2 teabags steeped for 30 minutes and pour it into a mason jar which I keep in the refrigerator. I make a new batch every 2 weeks. Try it! It works wonders to keep you shine free throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2011 10:50:00 AM More reviews by Katherine222

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have just started using, but I have a comment. Why not just use the tea bag as a toner? I have been drinking my green tea and then using the tea bag as a toner. It feels good, is dirt cheap, and the tea is good for you both inside and out. From my reading it has healing and sunscreen properties and seems to work differently from all the other stuff we use so the benefits are additive and super simple.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by rocksmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really amazed by some of the stuff I've found here on MUA. This is definitely one of those things.

I hadn't actually used a toner in a long time. I never felt like they did much for me and most of them were really harsh. Recently I've been trying to use more natural products and while looking at reviews I stumbled across this. I figured it didn't hurt to try it since I already had green tea bags on hand.

I actually made mine using both green tea and chamomile as I saw another reviewer did. I used one tea bag of each type in about a half cup of hot water. After letting it steep for a few minutes I added a handful of ice cubes to cool it down quickly (I'm impatient!). I applied it all over my face using a cotton round. It felt fantastic. Nice and soothing on my easily irritated skin.

I noticed a BIG difference in oil production with this. Several hours after use I was just starting to get a sheen on my face instead of the normal "oil slick" look. Another huge benefit is that it really got rid of redness, both in my cheeks and around a couple acne spots.

I did notice about five minutes or so after I applied it that my skin felt a little tight (maybe at the point that the wetness had all evaporated?) but that only lasted a minute or two and then went back to feeling comfortable again.

I can't really say if it's had any effect on my acne since it's only my second day using it, but I will update if I find any difference from it (good or bad). Even if it doesn't help I will continue to use it just for the oil and redness benefits.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 10:08:00 AM More reviews by summerrain1994

I couldn't help but try this out after hearing some good things.
My mom and I drink green tea like crazy, and I figured I might as well use the teabags for something.
After only ONE application (I put it on after using my Clarisonic and then went to bed with it on) my skin looked so much better. I have freckles (not sun damage) and moderate acne (which has been clearing up since buying the Clarisonic). This green tea brought out my freckles and calmed down my acne almost completely!
Because people complain of it not working after a year or so, though, I think I'm only going to use it twice or three times a week rather than everyday. It's working wonders and I don't want my skin to get immune to it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by bennodalove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like using green tea as a toner. I just brew a cup of green tea using 2 tea bags, take out the tea bags and use them on my eyes if they're feeling tired or puffy. I put the green tea in the fridge and leave it to cool for 10 minutes whilst I wash my face. I then take it out the fridge, dip a cotton pad in it, squeeze out the excess and rub it on my face. It leaves the skin feeling so refreshed and cool, whilst soothing it and reducing redness. I notice a reduction in breakouts when using green tea as a toner, and it minimises oil production on my t-zone aswell. Can't beat the price and it's natural! I'll definately keep on using this.