Green Tea Tea-Bag Toner

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

green tea (tea bags or leaves), preferably organic. step 1: brew a cup and drink. step 2: massage the used tea bag on cleansed face :D or:: you can refrigerate the teabags to use them cold, or use a cotton ball dipped in the tea on your face rather than teabags...whatever you feel comfortable with :)

on 7/10/2011 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I started using green tea (or sometimes white tea) as a toner about a week ago after reading about it here on MUA. I have never really used toners in the past, but was intrigued by using pure & natural tea after reading about all the positve benefits it has for the body and skin- and the fact that it has so many wonderful properties (ant-irritant, antioxidant, astrigent, etc). I feel that this has been a nice recent addition to my skin care routine. Using the tea as a toner after cleansing makes my skin feel a little cleaner. Plus it feels soothing- and I swear it gives an almost immediate glow. I think my skin has never looked better. I am finding that the more natural products I use (i.e. I have been using pure olive oil as a moisturizer, tumeric mask, etc) the better my skin looks and feels. And I am getting most of these suggestions from MUA!

Best. Toner. Ever. Green tea does everything- clears up acne, reduces redness, smooths the skin...it's a miracle really. I drink a cup of organic green tea infused with mint, then I just wipe the tea bag all over my face. If my eyes are tired and puffy I'll lay the tea bag over each of my eyes for a while. The green tea by itself is great, and the mint just leaves an awesome energizing tingling feeling on my face. :)

on 6/30/2011 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love green tea, both drinking it and putting it on my skin. I use it in the mornings after washing my face with cold water. I just let my tea seep while I get clean, and then pat the warmish bag directly on my face, I find it really soothing. :) I put my moisturiser on top while my skin is till wet, because otherwise my face feels a bit tight afterwards.

The tea will help control oil, and for that reason I would avoid getting any too near your eye area, as it can be drying. You can also use black or white tea - white tea is less processed than green, and contains more antioxidants and other goodies. Black has more caffeine which can help make your face less puffy in the morning. And all of them can be used to set your make up if you put some in an atomiser. Nice, effective and cheap.

on 6/2/2011 5:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been doing this for a few years-- it really keeps my natural redness at bay on the face.
I put a green tea bag in a water bottle in the fridge overnight and while I'm drinkng my morning green tea (cold-yum!) I dab my face. I know from experience that it relaxes muscles, so I'm hoping that it is keeping wrinkles away.
And, yes, I always use organic green tea. It's only $3 at walmart for 40 tea bags. :)

I looove Green Tea, before reading about using this as a toner i had already been drinking it every morning and sometimes at night, so being so convenient i tried it out, and i'm happy i did! After drinking my cup of tea i swipe the tea bag all over my face and after it dries i couldn't believe how even my skintone was! I don't do this every day, because like other products i have used in the past (that my skin becomes immune to) i don't want this to happen! So i've been using this every few days, sometimes a week without using it. I found that it does stain clothes though! So be careful when applying it. (I think the staining maybe has something to do with how it evens out my skin tone, as green counteracts redness, and the tea has a green color to it) But i love this!

on 4/27/2011 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I know this has worked very well for people, and I'm sad to say that it hasn't. I really wanted it to work for me, but for a strange reason I started developing blackheads after using it. I have clogged pores and tiny pimples around my face. After using this toner the two sides on my cheeks right beside my nose started developing black heads. It persisted and refused to go away, I had to go to a beautician to have them extracted.

I'm really confused as to why that happened. Perhaps it was because I wasn't using the organic green tea (although many others have had success with normal, caffeinated green tea bags, lucky them!).

However, I still think it's worth a shot given the price and the fact that this has worked well for so so many people.

on 4/18/2011 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried this straight away when I saw it on here and I must say my skin has never looked better! I have been using it twice a day for around two weeks now and all the redness and impurities have completely disappeared, also it does an amazing job drying out the excess oil.

I make a cup of tea, drink it and then dab my face with the teabag while it's still warm, I think it feels really nice.

However, I saw that other users have also recommended using it on the eyes, I would definitely not do that. It caused the skin around my eyes dry out A LOT and one of my eyes even swelled a little bit. I guess that is quite a major inconvenience, I now try to avoid the eye area and put moisturiser around my eyes to protect the skin there before I use the green tea.
However, it doesn't reduce the overall amazing quality of this toner at all for me, I was using the Clinique 3 step program before and I have to say it was nowhere near as effective. I hope the effectiveness doesn't wear off as some users have said it did for them.

I highly reccommend this!

UPDATE - shortly after writing this review, I developed a mild rash on my cheek that hasn't gone away in two days since I stopped using green tea on my face. I also had a smaller dry patch under my eye again. However, this could partly be caused by my moisturizer not being very effective. Due to this problem I have also reduced the overall rating. On the bright side, apart from the rash my skin is in better condition than I can ever rembemer it being. I will try using the green tea only in my T-zone, but if the problems persist, I won't use it at all. It's sad that this product that I was so excited about in the beginning has such negative side effects for me (and it could be that my case is unique), but that's the way it is.

on 3/31/2011 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

WOW. I'm suffering from hormonal acne (prior to not having acne at all) and this has really calmed my skin down. I use this twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. My skin really cleared up. I drink green tea everyday so I just make a new batch every three days or so from the leftover tea bags that I used to make green tea for myself. I am now wondering what benefits other types of tea has (as a topical treatment) like black tea, white tea, etc? Anyway, this will be a staple for me for as long as it continues to work!

on 3/29/2011 9:16:00 AM

I've been using green tea as a toner for some time. It really works to tighten pores and give skin a healthy glow - which is in part due to the caffeine present in green tea. I make a batch using 2 teabags steeped for 30 minutes and pour it into a mason jar which I keep in the refrigerator. I make a new batch every 2 weeks. Try it! It works wonders to keep you shine free throughout the day.

on 3/22/2011 10:50:00 AM

I have just started using, but I have a comment. Why not just use the tea bag as a toner? I have been drinking my green tea and then using the tea bag as a toner. It feels good, is dirt cheap, and the tea is good for you both inside and out. From my reading it has healing and sunscreen properties and seems to work differently from all the other stuff we use so the benefits are additive and super simple.

Top Rated No Brand (DIY or homemade) Products