December 22, 2014 | 1308 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Physicians Formula - Organic Wear

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 11:22:00 AM More reviews by elirose725

I was looking for a new foundation that would be quick and easy. After looking at the reviews, I decided to try PF. I love it! I can just put it on with my fingers, and it plends perfectly. It does have a strong odor, but as soon as it dries, it goes away. I have faily dry skin and I don't even have to use my moisturizer with this product. The only thing is that I need to set it with some loose powder. It stays all day and evens out my face. I will definitley buy this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Personally, I think "organic" is the biggest marketing ploy around these days. I mean, I think the second ingredient in this stuff is alcohol. I don't care if it's organic alcohol or not--alcohol is still not a skin-friendly ingredient. Sorry, but IMO "organic" or "natural" does not necessarily equate to "good for my skin." That aside, I was in the market for a new TM and this one had good reviews, and I've generally liked PF products in the past.
PROS: the "ivory to fair" shade I bought is a good match for my fair skin w/ yellow undertones. For reference I wear NARS Deauville/ BB Warm Ivory/ LM Nude. I think that works out to something like NC20-25 for MAC. Coverage is pretty good for a TM--I've had foundations that are sheerer than this--this point could be a good thing or bad thing depending on what you're looking for. I'd say expect this to perform like a semi-sheer dewy finish foundation rather than a standard TM. Packaging is nice, and the price is pretty good. I like the fact the sunscreen is Titanium Dioxide since chemical SS tends to make me break out no matter what. Overall, a nice product to be had at drugstore prices and convenience.

CONS: Overwhelming scent of lavendar--I really dislike facial products with this heavy of a fragrance. Plus, essential oil anything makes my skin start to feel hot and irritated It's either this or the alcohol that makes my face feel kind of uncomfortable as the day goes on. My face gets shiny and stays shiny wearing this no matter how much powder I pack on my T-zone. Although it fades noticeably, the fragrance lingers enough to make my eyes itchy and red.

Bottom line: if you're not sensitive to fragrance or alcohol, and are not terribly oily I think you'd probably like this. I'm not terribly oily, but I dislike the shiny-ish finish it leaves anyway. I won't be repurchasing b/c I can't stand the itchy skin/ eyes, but as with most things YMMV.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by christine1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this product because most of its ingredients are organic, the price is great, it's easy to get it anywhere, the colors are good, I don't get oily from it.... but I think that I get some break out from it. I used Jane Iredale's before (pressed powder) and I never broke out. So I think I will go back to my old habits... I like the idea of liquid foundation, but it seems like to will always make me break out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by usernameistaken

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

*** CONCLUSION ***
This is the first (and may be the only) drugstore foundation I have liked. I've been using this for a month and I love it. Great quality for the price, sheer but buildable coverage, and none irritating on my skin. Go out and get this!!! I like this much better than Stila's TM which turned me into a greaseball. I will absolutely repurchase this over and over again!

*** PROS ***
-- Very easy to blend
-- Great price for the quality
-- Great staying power
-- Moisturizes without turning me into a greaseball (I skip my moisturizer and just use this)
-- No breakouts
-- Sheer but buildable coverage
-- None irritating to skin (I've slept without washing my face a couple of times and still no breakouts, although I am admittedly not acne prone).
-- Hygienic squeeze tube container/dispenser.

*** CONS ***
The lavender scent was a bit strong in the beginning but now I hardly notice it at all.

*** CONTAINER AND DISPENSER TYPE ***
Squeeze tube (very sturdy - I haven't had any problems with it leaking).

*** RECOMMENDATIONS ***
This was super watery and runny at first but that was because I hadn't read the box. The box says to shake well before use. If you make sure to do this before use, the consistency is perfect! :)

*** INGREDIENTS ***
Claims to be 100% Free of harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives, parabens, GMDs (Genetically Modified Organisms), synthetic colors, and synthetic fragrances. Also claims to be 100% cruelty free.

Active Ingredient: Titanium Dioxide 5.0%

Inactive Ingredients: Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (orange) fruit water*, Water, Alcohol SD (Denatured with certified organic lavender oil)*, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Helianthus Annulus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil*, Lecithin (Soybean)*, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil*, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)*, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Unsaponifiables, Garcinia Indica Seed Butter*, Alginic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Wheat Bran Glucosides, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Hydrated Silica, Iron Oxide, Xantan Gum.

*Produced from Organic Farming

*** PRICE ***
I purchased this in March 2008 and at the time, the price was $10.95 for 1.5 Fl Oz.

*** ABOUT MY SKIN ***
NC35-40 depending on how much sun I get, rosey/mauvey pigmented lips, combo, not acne prone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2008 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Caramaria

This is the best product I have purchased for my face in quite some time. I have been using this for at least a month. No breakouts, minimized pores PLUS this DOES contain SPF 15. Normally I break out from SPF on my face but this product does not do that. My winter skin does need more moisture then this product provides but I solve that problem by using my usual moisturizer on my face and follow with this tinted moisturizer. Works great and stays on - it doesn't change shades during the day either. I feel natural with it on. These days I am keeping makeup to a minimum with eyelash/brow tint from Neutrogena, O-Gloss, and this tinted moisturizer. I use the Medium to Dark however - if I want extra glow I use my FRESH High Noon on my cheeks, nose and forehead - and sometimes dab a bit of O-Glow in the apples of my cheeks. This product is inexpensive and lives up to its claims in my opinion. *very important to remember to shake the tube before each use - small print on back of tube instructs us to do so.*

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2008 10:52:00 AM More reviews by stacylynn56

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been thinking about switching my foundation to a tinted moisturizer for some time since I have pretty great skin and may as well take advantage of not needing a foundation while I can! I've tried samples of LM's tinted moisturizer and loved it, but I just can't justify the price tag for something so basic. After reading the reviews here, I decided I had to give it a try.

I am in love! This gives (light to natural) just enough color to even my skintone and gives a great, healthy glow. I finish it with my NARS loose powder (Eden) and my skin looks flawless. Me - but better. It has the faintest scent of oatmeal when going on, but that disappears quickly and I don't mind it. I think it smells clean and fresh. This may just be a HG for me, and at $11 you can't beat the price!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2008 6:26:00 PM More reviews by alias1234567

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

When I saw this in the store I couldn't wait to try it, but unfortunately I was extremely disappointed when i did. It barely moisturized, was very hard to blend & left my face feeling tight. On the plus, it did make my skin look more flawless (albeit, a bit shiny), but given that it didn't do what it's supposed to do (moisturize), it's not worth it. I ended up tossing it & will not purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2008 5:19:00 PM More reviews by hairfitness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've recently switched from mineral makeups to Physicians Formula. I love the new organic line. I couldn't be more impressed. And I love the lavender scent.I suspect that those who do not like it are either using an expired product and it's turned rancid (like the bargain bin stuff- I stay away from because you don't know how old it is) or just hate lavendar. Some people really hate it. I think it smells herby and clean myself. So if you don't like lavendar, you may hate this. But I prefer it over the strongly perfumed products that make me itch and burn my eyes.

I actually look forward to using it every day. I also use a sponge (un-moistened) to apply it and dab in places that need more coverage. If I need more coverage, I just use CG's smoothers neutralizing stick for blemishes. I do not like PF's concealer at all.

Best thing is that this doesn't make me itch/burn, break out, or want to scratch my skin off. It doesn't burn my eyes etc. And I have rosacea and ocular rosacea so I have to be very careful. I do not like the mascara though. I expected more since it was in the organic line and I'm grateful that I got it as a free gift in a kit I bought. I wouldn't repurchase that alone. I don't know what's in it but it makes my eyes burn and its gloppy. I ironically use the old stand by in the pink and green tube because the original (not waterproof) is gluten free. And for some reason, this works. And it's cheap enough for me to replace often.

Next, I want to buy the liquid bronzer, shadows, and their new foundation. I just wrote the company about possibly making some liquid/cream blush colors rather than powders. Powders make me look fake and look terrible on the dry patches I get. The only thing that would make this product better, was if the package had a clear strip on the back of the tube, so that you would know how much is left in the tube. Right now, its sort of a guessing game. But you don't need a lot so it does last a really long time.

My hats off to Physicians Formula for making a product that actually has real natural ingredients and doesn't just claim they do. And I don't have to be a slave to internet shopping and shipping charges. I prefer this over the mineral makeup I've struggled with for years. And this is so much easier to get and I don't have to wait 2 weeks to get it.

Update: I still really like this but was disappointed with their new foundation. So I may decide to try CG smoothers TM. It's half the price and I like their foundation very much, as well as their eye products. I like the whole "natural" thing but if it's not working, it's not working. This TM is very good for an all natural product but it does fade quickly and seems to get a bit tacky by the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by alissatron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought this product based on the rave reviews on here. i was throughly impressed with the coverage as well as the fact that it looked natural and made my skin glow! The only thing I wasn't too crazy about was the smell. If I could give this product 4,5 I would definitely a great find. I like it much better than my stila tm.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Seadoo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

All I can say is, this is fabulous. I agree with all of the wonderful things already said. For all of you light-med, yellow/olive toned ladies, this is a perfect match in light to natural. For summer I'll have to try natural to tan. I still love my Revlon Age Defying TM, however this is a better color match, less expensive, organic/natural, larger quantity of product (1 1/2 oz), lovely lavender smell. I gave this the magnifying mirror outdoor test. Perfect color, perfect coverage, natural look, no settling into lines, no looking 10 years older than I am. It lasts all day and no irritation of my rosacea. (will update if anything occurs)
If I was stranded on an island and only allowed one essential oil, I would choose lavender. It is the most perfect oil. Healing, gentle, antiseptic, ok to put directly on skin full strength, repels insects and the list goes on. Don't let the lavender scare you away.