December 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer strips custom eye enhancing shadow & liner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got the one for green eyes first because my eyes are brown and I love wearing green and purple...the champagnes are perfect as well. I loved it so much that I ended up getting all but the blue (I don't wear blue very often) and I wear them a lot more than my high-end e/s. They're soft, last all day with primer and are extremely wearable. I really hope more colors come out asap!!! My only issue is they are hard to open - I kind of wish they opened the other way, like the BB shimmer bricks for eyes but nothng's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 10:43:00 PM More reviews by Lol44

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this eye shadow. I have hazel eyes and bought the corresponding block. The colors are sheer on the pinks, but if I use the provided foam applicator, I can get great pigment and coverage. I get SOOO many compliments. They make my eyes pop. It stays put all day and the shimmer is just right, not too matte but appropriate for the office. The browns in this block are what really sold me. They are warm and golden. my eyes sparkle. I wear them all the time, everyday, over every other shadow I have. They do not irritate, and I am very sensitive to cosmetics.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kppontrucking

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I went to CVS and bought the palette for brown colored eyes. My eyes are a dark brown (almost onyx) so I really needed something that would make them stand out. Additionally, I have black hair so something has to be really pigmented to show up on me. I really think I've found my HG! I paid $10 for them and I really think they're worth it compared to the other eyeshadows I've tried out at the drugstore- especially since the other eyeshadows offered by other brands are skimpy on the pigment, much less skimpy on the amount of eyeshadow they give you.

Why would you want to waste $7 on those when you can spend $3 more and get this brand? Physicians Formula is definitely not skimpy on the amount of product they give you here and the texture of the eyeshadow is smooth and definitely comparable to the stuff you buy in the department store. I'm glad that it's not the type of powdery eyeshadow that makes a mess and gets everywhere in your purse.

Some people complained the packaging is bulky but I take believe it makes it very sturdy. When you buy things you should not only focus on the quality of the product, but also the packaging. I really hope Physicians Formula produces more palettes like this for all colors of eyeshadow in addition to the palettes they have custom tailored to your eye color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Zevie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the compact for hazel eyes. I have light brown eyes that I don't consider hazel because they lack any green color to them. Instead my eyes have quite a bit of gold and orange. I chose the hazel eyeshadow over the brown because I hate purples on my eyes. The hazel compact is composed of neutrals and pinks. I bought this for five dollars, half off. Overall, it's not the best drugstore eyeshadow I've ever used. Some of the colors, esp. the lighter ones and the pinks are not highly pigmented. I had to use them wet to get any real color out of them. The darker, neutral shades have quite a bit of pigment and blend nicely together. I'm giving this a four though because for the price, this set was definitely worth purchasing. I love, love, love shimmery neutrals. The brown colors here blend together nicely and last all day. Everything in this set is super shimmery though. If you are wary of shimmer, stay away! Overall, it's a nice little addition to my makeup collection. The compact makes it perfect to travel with and the shimmery colors look nice on my tanned, summer skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by SirenRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Even though I have brown eyes, I bought the Blue Eyes and Green Eyes palettes. I really never have to go shopping for eyeshadow again; I've got every single color I could want in these two palettes. I could spent fifteen bucks on one or two shadows from a department store and still not get this kind of quality. The powders go on smoothly and last several hours, as long as I apply concealer or foundation to my eyelids beforehand. I love the shimmer and the way the colors brighten my pale skin and my dark eyes. The ingredients are non-irritating; I could probably fall asleep wearing these shadows. Each little shadow lasts quite a long time! I wish the packaging was less bulky, though; they could get away with a slimmer container.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought these on a whim. I have purchased Bobbi Brown's shimmer brick for eyes the past two years, and was disappointed she wouldn't bring one out this year. I bought the one for blue eyes, even though my eyes are brown. I have a problem with the purple colors, and the one for brown eyes has a few shades of purple making it worthless for me. There are several variations of blue (grey-blue to dark) brown (from champagne to dark bronze) and then grey (from light silver to dark and smokey) Considering I bought on sale for around five bucks, I think I am getting a lot for my money. The colors are very workable, especially the neutrals. The darker ones are great for the smokey eye look. I don't think that the packaging is at all bulky, as the BB one was a bigger compact as this one. I agree the brush is worthless, but like I said, I can't complain for what I paid. Would repurchase as it is a pretty good deal.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2008 11:40:00 PM More reviews by westwoodbarbie

I was very excited to find this because I love that they have 3 different looks in one compact. I bought the one for blue eyes and it has shades of blue for one look, nude brown shades for another, and silvers as the third.

I absolutely hate to blues, the pigment is way too strong for me. The colors, in my opinion, are too bright and will hardly function to serve the purpose they're supposed to.

The nude/browns are the ones I use the most, I like these although the pigment is lacking in these.

The silvers are a great idea for an evening look, but again the pigment is lacking on these, and this is where it really makes a difference.

I completely hate the packaging, it's so bulky! The brush also doesn't seem to function properly for me.

It seems every makeup line is jumping on the "enhance your natural eye-color" bandwagon. Don't get me wrong, I love the Physician's Formula line as a whole, but this palette is a miss for me.

My advice to bring out blue eyes:

The blue shades never seemed to look good on me, they just look awkward, like an 8th-grader learning to wear makeup for the first time and just splashing her face with bright eyeshadow. I love coffee shades for the day and silvers for the evening. I have a well pigmented blue eyeliner and I light the inside part of my eyes with it for both the coffee day makeup and silver for the night. It makes my eyes pop and the blue is subtle but really brings out the color.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by indiecat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The compact contains nine shades which are meant to complement a specific eye color. I purchased the "brown" shades. I felt that the pigment was lacking especially in the lavender/purple shades and that the shimmer was over the top. I like smooth shimmer but these colors did not go on evenly and smoothly, but somewhat grainy or choppy. They were too shiny and reflective for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by Christina88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like the original shimmer strips, I've almost used all of my Las Vegas one up and when I saw these in the store I knew I had to have them. They are very shimmery and definitely live up to its name there. They seem to be going along with what almay has out with the custom eyes for different colored eyes. The one I got was for hazel eyes, which I do have hazel eyes, but even if I didn't I think I would have gotten these ones cause they are so pretty. Overall its a good product, I may repurchase again, if these are still around in 50 years, which will be how long it will take me to use all of this shadow up.:D