Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

on 7/24/2013 9:31:00 PM

I LOVE this eyebrow pencil. I have it in Dark Blonde which is a near perfect dupe for MAC's lingering. I bought this because I wanted to see if I could find the same quality as MAC's for a cheaper price. (MAC is 18 and this is 6) It really is almost exactly the same. The color match is perfect for me and the comb on the end is great. It is a little waxier than the MAC one but it still goes on pretty smoothly and looks great. Lasts all day without any brow gel. Definitely worth trying.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This eyebrow liner is pretty good I'd say =) I don't use it to fill in my whole brows, just kind of to trace and give my eyebrows a cleaner finish then go in with a brown eyeshadow. But this product is really good =) I was definately not a fan of the small red colored brow liners because they made my eyebrows look weird and red so this product was a complete shocker for me! Then again, that's why I love Maybelline! Would buy again =)

on 6/4/2013 2:01:00 PM

I don't know why is product gets such negative reviews (on the Maybelline website). I just had to go to three stores to find a replacement my color bc everyone was sold out. I love that it is a thin tip, it helps me get much cleaner strokes. It lasts all day. I can make my brows lighter to look more natural or darker to be bold. Love that it comes with a little comb.
My only unpostive (not negative) comment is that it does not come with a lot of product... in other words runs out fast.

on 5/20/2013 11:48:00 AM

Warning: If you're brunette and don't look good with reddish brows, you are out of luck with this pencil. The reason? Maybelline no longer makes "Dark Brown", the cool/neutral brown they offered. (AKA the only kind that looks natural on those of us who weren't born with orangey/reddish/warm eyebrows... Isn't that most people?) Anyway, if that's what you're looking for, better try another brand. I've kind of lost faith in drugstore brow pencils after this and MIlani - which was a better match, but still showed red on my skin and looked very fake in daylight. Now I'm using some old Smashbox brow tech to fill in and the Anastasia brow wiz to extend/define. That is, until I can find something cheaper that doesn't make me look like a hooker!

on 5/13/2013 6:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Here's my story. I have been to the Mac counter looking at Eye Brows but couldn't find a color match.(fling and lingering) I've known about Maybelline's similar product, but put off buying until now.

I got Light blonde. (I bleach my brows dark blonde/lt. brown) After reading all the reviews about the malfunctioning dispenser I was careful to twist up a small bit of the product. Starting applying lightly to my brow and Doh! It broke off. Okay, I'll try it again...twisted up and applied finishing one brow and then had to twist up for the other eye and Hell no, the twist thing wont work, and the black twister just came off.
The color was perfect and the wear was good and was still on hours later when I returned it to CVS.

on 4/30/2013 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I bought the light brown color. It wasn't the worst brow pencil I've ever had, and I didn't mind it. I paid about 5 or 6 dollars for it. The problem was that it ran out after only about two weeks. I don't have thick eyebrows, & I only used it once a day. Not worth the price.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I dislike it. Got the color in medium, brownish reddish tone. Not suitable for me.

Kate brow pencil (Japanese brand) is so much better in applicable, with the same fine tip.

Asian
NC20 - NC25
Black hair

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ive always wanted an eyebrow pencil that made my perfectly threaded eyebrows look defined and I have found that product. This will be added to my make up collection, I love this brown pencil so much and get so many compliments on my brows. I have this is medium brown which matches my brows perfectly, it lasts the whole day, doesn't smudge, isn't too dark to make me look like a monster, was a good price, but most of all, I love it and will be repurchasing again.

on 4/26/2013 5:40:00 PM

I got the shade light to dark blonde, and it looked way too reddish brown on me! My brows didn't match any of the shades! I did like the formula though. The consistency is perfect for the natural look and it glides on smoothly.

on 4/24/2013 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Perfect brow pencil. Thin enough to fill out specific areas. Never leave home without it! Will definately buy again and stock up when there is a BOGO sale.

Popular Brows Products