October 30, 2014 | 1594 users online

Brows - Maybelline - Define-A-Brow

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by AngelaAlive

I was previously using the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in the color Brunette when I unfortunately ran out. I was going crazy looking for a quick substitute that was similar to my beloved brow pencil and I must say, Maybelline Define a Brow is nearly identical. I LOVE the thin pencil because of allows you to make thin strokes for a more natural hair-like look. It's not too creamy to wear it looks fake and the Medium Brown color was a perfect match for me. AMAZING PRODUCT!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 11:32:00 AM More reviews by xxnikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I tried this in medium and dark brown, medium is way to reddish but dark brown is a good ash brown and since it's not incredibly creamy it doesn't seem to go on to dark. Comb on the end is useless-every brow brush should come with a spoolie! Not sure how long it will last so we'll see if it's worth it but for someone that is never satisfied with the ashyness in brown brow pencils I think I would keep purchasing it. Some are saying dark brown has been discontinued-I live in Canada and there are still a lot here but maybe they will get rid of it. My other fav brow pencil is universal dark brown by annabelle, it is pretty much the exact same as this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by jacquimunar

I love this pencil! I used to splurge and get the Anastasia brow pencil for $20 and this is for the fraction of the cost! For 6 bucks who can beat that!

I do love how it's thin and waxed based and glides smoothly making it more natural looking.

One of the cons is the comb on the end of the pencil. I wish there was a mascara tip brush at the end but hey I can use another brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start by saying that I LOVE this brow liner. I don't think I could go back to any other after using this one. I've never tried MAC's, though I have heard that it's very good and comparable. It's a very thin pencil, which I love because it allows for exact precision. It can be hard to find sometimes, I hope it isn't discontinued.

The one CON is that the shades err on the warm side, meaning that they aren't perfect for people with cool undertones, like me. It doesn't look bad, and I still use it, but the dark brown is more red than ashy brown. It may not be suitable for ladies with very cool skin tones.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 11:29:00 PM More reviews by CagedBird9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm quite surprised by the wonderful reviews. The color is way off. I believe I got the darkest brown available (forgot the name) and there is this reddish tint to it that makes my eyebrows look horrible. Perhaps the color is just not right for me?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 1:56:00 AM More reviews by hadas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Dark Blond. It works fine, I'm happy with the color and the texture, but the fact that it is so incredibly thin - it's about 1/3 the diameter of most automatic eye pencils - means that there is very little actual product inside the pencil tube. I end up using a couple millimeters every time I do my brows, which means this will only last me about a couple weeks or so. I find myself having to twist up more product constantly because each swipe across the brow uses up so much. At $7-8 per pencil, this can get really expensive. A fine pencil, but way overpriced for how little product you're actually getting here. They should have given you a couple more replacement sticks and made it so you can load them in yourself, like an automatic lead pencil that you use in school!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by iwuvyumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In my opinion, this is one of the best easy-to-apply eyebrow products out there! The only downfall I have with it is that if you use it constantly, you tend to run out pretty fast.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by agomez10

I LOVE THIS FOR MY EYE BROWSSSSS!!!!!! I never thought I'd go back to pencil brow again... I was using the Elf eye brow kit and still use the setting powder it comes with after applying the define a brow. I have this in medium it matches my hair and eyes perfectly. Stays all day. Easy light strokes it's amazing!!! and I hated the define a line eye liner... so wasn't skeptical ..only down side is the amount of product..which I got more!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2013 3:23:00 PM More reviews by applecour

This is almost my HG brow liner. I can't decide between this one or MAC's brow liner. They're both pretty awesome, but this one's much cheaper.

I love that it comes in a color to match my hair so it looks natural. I also love how thin the stick is. It makes it very easy to do small light strokes and keep it light so it doesn't look too painted on. It also stays on pretty long.

I knocked off one lippie because of the stupid comb on the end. I wish it was a brush like Rimmel's brow liner. The comb just gets in the way of sticking the cap on the end while I use it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in dark blond and for me the color is perfect. I saw a video on brows where they said to stay away from warm toned colors which makes sense to me because my favorite brow products are all really cool toned even though I'm a red head (my favorite is currently MAC omega eyeshadow mixed with a little charcoal brown). The product is a little dry and dense, I wish it was just a little softer. I love how tiny the diameter of the product is so you can get a very fine line. I don't use the comb, I wish there was a spoolie on the end but not a must because most of us have laying around. Overall a great product, but for .001 oz at about $6 it's actually more per ounce than the MAC brow pencil which is really similar. You could get it on sale and it would be cheaper though. No really sure if I would repurchase. I still prefer the above mentioned eyeshadow regime and I like multipurpose products so I'll probably go back to that.