September 1, 2014 | 1050 users online

Loose Powders - Becca - Fine Loose Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2005 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Sierra3000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product because of the good reviews, the fact that it is Australian and because most importantly, it is made of non-comedogenic ingredients and i am highly prone to breakouts.

I use wheat,
I really like the soft finish, it smells nice, feels great, looks good and doesn't break me out.

It can get messy but that is how it is with most loose powders.

I read that acne sufferers should avoid pressed powders cause of the binding ingredients so I will stick with loose powders from now on - i have found my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2005 4:38:00 PM More reviews by shake

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I hate hate hate powder over foundation but this one is almost imperceptible and gets rid of the shine. Amazing!! Micro-milled and seems to last forever as the slightest amount does the job. The BEST!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Becca's Fine Loose Finishing Powder is a new fave! I use the shade Ginger over Becca Luminous Skin Colour in Nude and these two products perform a miracle before my eyes! Keep in mind that I have mature, dry cool toned skin with slight discolorations & fine lines. Prior to discovering Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder I thought I was doomed where powder was concerned. Every other product I have tried (Laura Mercier, Christian Dior, Bobbi Brown, Estee Lauder, Lancome & a few others) left me looking dry & flaky.

Virtually every makeup artist sings the praises of loose powder and it's magical properties for setting & blending makeup. Honestly, I felt left out big time lol! Thanks to the wonderful women on this board I have discovered not one but TWO undeniably wonderful powders that allow me to experience the luxury & it's magic!

Becca's powder is the perfect finish to her LSC. It is so soft & creamy for a powder. If you pick up some with your finger & rub your fingers together it feels creamy & sinks into your skin. I agree with the others regarding packaging, mine does not have a sifter and it's not as convenient to use as my Chanel, but the mess & inconveniece is more than worth it!

I can't speak for oil control as that is not an issue for me, but for mature women with N/D skin this is a must try! It does everything a loose powder can do without ever accentuating lines or looking dry or flaky anywhere! A new HG for me :)

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2005 9:39:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

HG item!!! i used becca LSC w/o the powder and it looked great, but oh boy does it look even greater with the finishing powder! my makeup lasted all day and my skin just looks naturally flawless. i use becca everything now, im so excited that ive found a line worth buying! it truly absorbed the oils on my tzone, keeping me from looking like a grease pan, BUT yet i looked dewy. my face looks youthful, radiant, even and just fresh. its expensive but soo worth it. : )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by beentheredonethat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not HG, but really good stuff, especially for ahem mature skin that's showing some initial crepiness and pores, but still produces oil. You know how many even high quality loose powders will give you that dead matte, sandy pored surface. Not this stuff. It's like buttah. The packaging is awesome too, no annoying pin dot holes but instead, an intelligent clear plastic inner cover to keep the stuff from poofing all over when you open the powder container. Not great at oil control, but excellent for setting m/u while avoiding the corpse look. I bought wheat but I'm thinking its a titch dark when heavily applied to this MAC NC35 type complexion. I should have bought Sesame, but it looked deathly light. Bottom line, the stuff is sheer enough to be forgiving.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2005 2:51:00 PM More reviews by EmilySher

This is a wonderful loose powder. I have this in sesame, which I thought at first was too light, but it is actually so sheer and light, it ends up being perfect. The effect of this powder is slightly less powdery, and therefore, the oilies come a bit quicker, but the trade-off is the super natural, barely there finish we all love. I alternate this with Chanel's loose powder which I use for work for a more polished look. The packaging is a bit strange, not my favorite, but not a big deal.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2005 6:58:00 PM More reviews by foundationlover

Becca Loose Finish Powder is by far the very best I have ever used. I bought it last year and I have used nothing else since. Becca states that the powder sort of disappears after about a half hour giving you the setting power of powder but without a powdery look. That is absolutely true! I avoided powder for many years because I couldn't find one that didn't look like you had powder on but that changed with Becca's powder. My face looks fresh and glowing even with the powder. I can't say enough about this product. It's wonderful!
UPDATE: Four years since I wrote the above review and I still believe that Becca has the best loose powder on the market. Unfortunately, it's hard to come by and one has to buy it online.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2005 10:43:00 AM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Very good quality, finely milled powder. Never cakes, sets makeup beautifully, and stays and stays. WORTH THE PRICE!!! BECCA ROCKS!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2005 10:25:00 PM More reviews by orea_eleni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I hope I am never without this. It makes a big difference in how my skin looks, yet you'd never know it was there. I never expected so much from a loose powder. It covers minor imperfections, absorbs oil and looks natural and pretty- never powdery or chalky, makes my pores disappear, doesn't settle into fine lines... Holy Grail loose powder.

I actually like the way this looks when I apply it with the puff it came with instead of my brush. My t-zone is oily and I actually have less breakthrough shine with this natural looking powder than most others. Oh, and it never breaks me out!

*Edit* When I wear this for a few days in a row, I do start to break out. That is common for me and powders, but now that I'm using DHC makeup, it never happens anymore. So I'm taking one lippie off this because nothing compares to my DHC.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2004 10:31:00 AM More reviews by sbksbj

I LOVE this powder. It looks so natural on me and sets the make-up for hours. The powder is so fine and doesn't leave a cakey powdery appearance. In fact it looks as if I don't have makeup on at all. Also,I don't mind the packaging since I lightly shake the powder and the inner clear lid usually has just enough powder clinging to it to powder my entire face. I just take a powder blush and dab it on the clear lid to make sure that the bristles are evenly coated then I apply with very light stokes to my face. If I find that I need a little more powder, I just repeat the process. It prevents dipping the brush into the powder and I think it's a little more sanitary. I Highly Recommend this Product! EDIT: I've dicovered that Cle de Peau Translucent Powder is far more superior than Becca