November 22, 2014 | 1516 users online

Crème - Becca - Stick Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by AuraBlue

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Costly stuff, and you do have to start out with pretty good skin before applying it. Also, the shades are either too pasty or too deeply pigmented -- no in-between shades. On the plus side, this foundation does have a high SPF (sun protection factor).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2007 11:26:00 PM More reviews by akao

I actually use this as a concelear and it works really well since I'm not looking for super thick coverage. It covers up the redness in my checks and melasma spots perfectly - this product with the SPF in it is perfect for those areas since it's the sun that brought out those issues in the first place!

I do have patches of flakey skin and am not having any problems with it at all and on me it smoothes down those problem spot.

As with all Becca products I will continue to buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2007 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Pale_Empress

This gives great coverage on me. Not too heavy but enough to smooth out skin-tone. Love the spf. I apply with a brush & then blend a bit more with my fingers. I don't think this would be great on dry, flaky skin but gives a lovely finish on my combo skin. Looks like great skin, not foundation. Will repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by dulcemiel83

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation!!! I love it. The finish is not matte and powdery; it is satin and natural, just the way I like it :0) I find that the cream formula is easy to blend. Nevertheless, it is important to make sure that your skin is well-moisturized before applying this porduct. Use a good primer too; that way the makeup will just smooth onto the skin without any problems. The coverage is buildable. You can apply more foundation on areas that need extra attention, like blemishes and under the eyes. I have yet to report if this stuff will break me out. It has avacado oil in it, but not all oils are comedogenic. For example, I use Pond's Cold Cream to remove my makeup. That product has mineral oil in it, and it hasn't broken me out at all. So far this is totally my HG. Go Becca! You Rock :0p Oh and just for reference, I use the shade Honey-Comb. I'm an NC-40ish in MAC. UPDATE: I'm so upset that this foundation gave me little pimples on my cheeks. What a shame, the color was so perfect for me. Oh well, I took off 2 lippies, because no matter how great a foundation looks on you, you never want to breakout from it :0p

rated 2 of 5 on 1/1/2007 11:25:00 PM More reviews by seuseu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very heavy, gotta work into the skin. I use it still when it's really cold and my oily skin feels tight. Not my favorite. Hefty price tag. :-(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2006 11:16:00 PM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in praline along with the LSC in Sand. I've had this about 2 months now and honestly I was a bit disappointed at first. My skin is very dry and liquid foundations always seem to cake around any flakes, even ones I don't see until I put it on. Not the case with the LSC. It applied so well and looked so natural and I thought the stick foundation would be a great combo with it. Right off the bat I could not for the life of me figure out how to use the stick w/o it looking cakey and dry. I gave up on using it on larger areas and used it as a eye base to cover redness near my lash line. I though it was a nice idea for the lids with the SPF 30, not many things with SPF you can put around your eye area and it helped my shadow stay put on our trip to Mexico during the humid summertime. Every now and then I'd apply my moisturiser and give the stick another go as a foundation and everytime I'd have to was the masklike, unnatural results off. Over time I had kinda a breakthrough with the product. After applying moisturiser then the LSC, I used it on the freckles and red mark from a few breakouts with great results. I wipe the product onto clean finger tips and tap it on the area I need the extra coverage. Praline matches Sand so well it just disappears into my skin leaving me with natural and flawless looking skin. I experimented with tapping it on larger areas just to see if it made a difference using this over the LSC and it did. I realized I had always used it before the LSC or alone and the results were crap but over the LSC, perfect. I do feel a bit stupid because I found some Becca literature that must have come with something I bought or an SA might have sent it with my purchase and it clearly states how to use the stick and that the Becca foundation is a 3 or more step process (LSC, extra coverage and powder). I think they should call it something different so morons like me don't think it is a stand alone foundation. It's really a concealor that you apply to specific problem areas. I can't compare the coverage to the Becca concealor duo nor tell you if the 3+ steps work great together because I have not purchased the concealor or the powder yet. I will be getting them shotly and will update. I can say that using the 2 steps I have and setting it with Becca loose shimmer powder in Angel and Fresh Northern Light powder has worked very well and I can only expect using the famed Becca loose powder will make the results even better. I hear Becca makes a great foundation brush and it makes applying the stick foundation very smooth so I will be picking that up too and adding that to this review. Damn this is long. Overall, great in conjuction with Becca LSC and only if applied over it, good as an eye base and to protect eyes from the sun.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2006 9:43:00 PM More reviews by Fruitini

Purchased this product because of the spf30+, Summer is coming up and I want extra protection against the harsh aussie sun. This product is best suited to the dryer skin type since it goes on a creamy consistancy and stays that way (not like most stick foundations which gives more of a dry powdery finish). Coverage is sheer, so if you are looking to cover spots and stuff you would need a concealer on top. Not that this isn't a good product, but just doesn't suit my combination skin since I was hoping for more staying power, and better coverage especially around the t-zone.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/25/2006 10:29:00 PM More reviews by medsmku

I really wanted to like this because of the SPF 30 and what I originally thought was a great color match - I have tan Asian skin. However, this stuff seemed to get darker and greasier as the day progressed, and just sat on top of my skin like sticky oil paint that won't dry. Gross. Probably better for very dry skin; terrible on my combo skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2006 10:53:00 PM More reviews by quiet_as_kept

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

easy to use; smoothed skin

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2006 2:36:00 AM More reviews by mfoster9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the worst stuff ever. I bought it from sephora and I found it to be grainy and gross. It made my skin oily, sat on top of it like a film and smeared off during the day. As a foundation or a concealer, this stuff just all around blows.