December 19, 2014 | 1370 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by expira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff has been a revelation. I bought it because it'd been rumored to make hair grow in thicker, and since mine is thin, that sounded awesome. In truth, I can't say my hair is thicker, but it sure seems a LOT healthier than it was before.

The weirdest aspect about this product is that it doesn't make my hair oily. I warm up about a quarter amount between my palms and rub it onto my scalp about 10 minutes before showering. As long as I give my hair a good shampooing, oiliness is never, ever a problem. This is indeed weird, as I've tried a lot of different oils on my hair (grape seed, coconut, olive), and this is the only one that doesn't give my hair the wet look after a shower. It's a thick oil, but maybe it has something to do with the molecular structure? I have no idea, but it's great.

Totally recommended.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/9/2013 2:20:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

From when I started using mascara at around 16 my eyelashes were always long and perfectly thick they were like my prized possession I'm not sure if it was all the mascara use or improper care but once I hit 20 they became more thinner - not as long - almost unmanageable :( I don't know if anyone else has experienced this however I've always tried to take care of them the best I could I mean ( the Vaseline trick - vitamin e - never leaving mascara on before bed - making sure all of it was off - not wearing falsies ) but I don't know what happened. As a last resort I tried this I got it in walgreens for $5.99 ( Walgreens brand ) and it said on the bottle it was 100% castor oil. I used it for a few weeks straight every night and it seemed to be working okay as far as length. I didn't change anything in my regime and it kind of seemed to stop working. I don't know if I was maybe applying too much or not enough maybe I got the wrong one ? Any insight ?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by MsVengeance

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the store brand laxative version to use on my eyelashes, which had broken off in places due to old mascara and seemed doomed to remain forever stubby! I was reluctant to use oil due to the fact that applying it to my face inevitably results in breakouts (no matter the type of oil) but like I said my lashes seemed in no hurry to grow back.

I tried emu oil first but after a couple weeks of getting no results whatsoever (aside from some new zits around my brows and upper cheeks) I tried this stuff. It also gives me eyebrow zits despite the fact that I do not apply it on my brows... I started seeing results after about a week. Its still slow going but I can't complain because I was getting kinda scared they weren't gonna grow back... The lashes that weren't broken are now all long and full enough that the ones growing in aren't even noticeable. I just dab it pretty generously on my lash lines and in my lashes. It's all thick and slimy but surprisingly, It seems to be absorbed by the time I wake up and hasn't affected my eye makeup during the day (when I used to use EVOO for eye MU remover my eyeliner practically melted off during the days no matter the primer I used).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 1:25:00 AM More reviews by JadaIgwe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a bottle for 23 dollars.

I bought a bottle of castor oil at Wal-Mart to use on my lashes. I applied it to the base of my lashes every night with an eyeliner brush. It did seem to help them grow thicker and longer. In fact, I think it was as effective as Talika Lipocils for a whole lot less money. But alas, it also increased the number of pimples I got around my eye area (upper cheeks, brow area, bridge of my nose).

I finally discontinued using it, and the breakouts cleared.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 1:03:00 AM More reviews by akneil

Castor oil is great for brows and lashes. Instead of the pure oil which has a weird scent, I bought the Live Clean Baby Non-Petroleum Jelly. The main ingredient is castor oil, and it feels just like Vaseline. I brush my brows every night with it to train them and promote growth. I find the thick formula holds my brows better (for training purposes) and it smells good!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product seems like a miracle! a gift from above lls seriously I cant remember life with out this. I've had palma christi castor oil for about a month now. I remember asking my mom for it and she thought I was crazy she had only heard of using it as a laxative not for hair and eyelashes. My eyelashes have grown alot in just 4 weeks my hair which use to be so dry is now soft shiny and beautiful. I mixed this in my conditioner also put it on my hair then curl my hair with a curling wand it makes my curls last longer and look amazing my hair now just looks so healthy. And my hair has grew since I have really thick dry hair castor oil doesnt weigh my hair down. I put it on everynight on my eyelashes and some times do hot oil treatments with it. When I have cramps I heat this up rub it on my stomach and my cramps go away. I havent used it as a laxative but I heard it works great for that... oh and I almost forgot to mention the main reason I got this after a full year of getting sew in weaves and braids my edges were thinning used this my edges are completely back this stuff is a miracle not a fan of the smell but it doesnt matter with all the good it does I think I can deal with the smell.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 11:57:00 PM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This oil has became a staple in my hair regime. it keeps my hair very soft. i have 4a/b hair type and this is the only thing i put on my scalp it promote grows, it adds shine and just cheap and great. i use the black jamiacan lavender because castrol oil ahs a scent i heard of but never smelt. it also used for eye lashes

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by xenobia1968

I tried castor oil and it broke me out. Now I use almond oil and I'm not sure it's growing anything, but it is leaving my eyes soft and wrinkle free :-) I have noticed less creapyness on my eyelids which is a definite plus! I just put a drop or two on my fingers and rub it over my closed eyes and over my brows. It doesn't burn or break me out. I got the almond oil at Huckleberry's health food store. Also, I only do this at night and then wash my face in the morning. Sometimes I switch it up with apricot oil. I love both almond and apricot oils.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 9:01:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros

- darkens/strengthens lashes
- makes good eye cream

Cons

- sticky
- scent

Comments: I use this nightly on my lashes and they don't break off as easily anymore. It also makes a good under eye cream and helps my concealers apply more smoothly without settling into my fine lines as much. I just hate how sticky it is and the smell isn't too great.

Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 9:20:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Castor oil is great to condition your eyebrows and eyelashes. Just a dab is plenty. I buy the kind found in your local grocery store or drugstore for a few dollars. And if you're constipated you can use it as a laxative!