April 16, 2014 | 1904 users online

Mascara - Kiss Me - HEROINE MAKE long and curl mascara (black)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by flameangel

Pros:
- Gives amazing length
- Doesn't smudge a single bit even in the horrid humid weather in Singapore
- Lengthens very well and gives a little volume too
- Reasonably priced

Cons:
- Difficult to remove (but this shouldn't be a problem if you use eye make-up removers such as Cleansing Express'. Not for people who want to finish cleansing in one step)
- Is a little drying and not recommended for daily use

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 8:56:00 PM More reviews by cherylt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the best mascara I've EVER used, and I've used literally hundreds in my quest to find the perfect nonirritating, super-waterproof, non-smearing lengthening affordable mascara. THIS IS IT!!! I am a big crier and with this on, I could be blasted in the face with a firehose while swimming through a tsunami and bawling my eyes out...this is not gonna budge. Shiny black and VERY lengthening...it adds a little volume, but not so much that my lashes look tangled & sticky like some volumizing formulas do. Some people complain that it's hard to remove, but isn't that the point??? If it was easy to remove, it wouldn't stay on like it does, duh. Use an eye makeup remover, like FANCL or DHC...Lancome Bifacil works quite well also. Like anything in life, you need the right tools to do the job well. I did knock 2 stars off for the packaging quality: the stopper on this seems to loosen up after a dozen uses & I suspect this is why it seems to dry out a bit quicker than I'd like it to. For the price and the quality, I deal with it. You can find it at many Japanese groceries or on Ebay, but I get mine from Adambeauty: he's got good prices & good shipping rates from Hong Kong, and his customer service is stellar: always get right back to me with answers on questions, and if he doesn't have something you want he'll do his best to get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by theleia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I wanted to love this so much, because it made me look like I had falsies on. This is probably the number one thickening and lengthening mascara I've ever tried, and many japanese beauty product fans will attest to that too!

Unfortunately it refused to budge with all sorts of removers. Only the remover that it comes with, plus much coaxing, helped it come off. I'm very prone to milia seeds around my eyes, so I'm staying away from anything that requires me to use oil to remove it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2012 11:18:00 PM More reviews by christinawho

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I found this mascara due to the great reviews here. I've been using this mascara for several months now and though I love it, I'm still searching for THE ONE. What I LOVE: It really lengthens and holds a curl. And no clumping either. What I don't like: This mascara smudges on me. If I apply in the AM, the smudging will start in the mid-afternoon. The smudging is minor but nonetheless, I have to keep checking and wipe it off. And as other reviewers have pointed out, this mascara is a pain to remove. But until I find a mascara that lengthens and curls like this one and doesn't smudge, I'll keep using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 10:15:00 PM More reviews by shablog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I purchased this mascara and the volume and curl version when I was in HK based on recommendations from MUA. I love both these mascaras, though I don't think they're very different. They are both very good at thickening and lengthening my short and sparse Asian lashes. They are also the best mascara I've used to hold a curl. I prefer the shape of this wand to the volume and curl version because this shape makes it easier to grab the lower lashes. However, I'm not sure if the curve on it makes it any better.

Some things I don't like about both of these mascaras:
- It can be a bit drying on your lashes. I only use this for a dramatic look, and not for everyday.
- It's hard to remove. I can get this off using a cleansing oil and a toner afterward, but it takes more effort than a typical mascara.
- The mascara can clump on the wand. I usually roll it around on a tissue before applying it so that the clumps don't transfer onto my lashes.

Despite these cons, this and volume and curl are the best mascaras I've tried, so be sure to check them out!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2011 8:19:00 AM More reviews by June2008

One of my favourite mascaras! (The other one is Majolica Majorca mascara). Both prices are about the same. I tried out the Kiss Me mascara because I find that MM's mascara clumps after it's used for some time. Was pleased with the effects, long and curl lashes :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by cidoh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Kiss Me Heroine Make long and curl is a wear-all-day utility mascara that holds up through concerts, weddings and sneaking over rooftops in black jammies and a belt full of blowdarts. It's smudge and flake-free under absolutely ridiculous circumstances, and it holds a curl right up until you take it off. Add those qualities to a super black, super long finish with an extremely exaggerated curl, and we have a winner.

It's worth mentioning that Heroine make mascara is not perfect, considering that it 1) spiders somewhat and 2) absolutely hates to come off at the end of the day. So if you get this mascara, 1) get a lash comb and 2) get the Heroine Make mascara remover. And it LOOKS a bit dry, so it's not ideal for photoshoots or mascara connoisseurs. But as a utility mascara, it's pretty much unmatched. I'm not quite ready to confer HG status, but if you made me choose a mascara for til the end of time, this would be it.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by supragurl7

I absolutely love this mascara. I choose it over Majolica Majorca Lash Frame. Although this mascara is for long and curl, it does provide some volume to the extent that is perfect for me. Compare to MJ, Heroine provides more volume. It holds my curl super high, like my lashes got a face lift. I first curl it with Shiseido curler and then apply this mascara. No matter how many coats I put on, it never clumps, serious! I've found 2 effective ways of removing this wonderful mascara. First using your pinky, get some vaseline, and brush it on your lashes. You must leave it on for at least 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, using your index finger and thumbs, gently pinch your lashes and rub gently. Remove residue with tissue, and continue with your face wash routine, preferably with an oil cleanser. Second method, is using the Heroine Make Mascara remover in the light pink tube. The instructions says to leave it for 3 minutes which is totally absurd. You must leave it for at least 15 minutes. And then follow the same steps as you would with the vaseline. Using these 2 methods, after cleansing entire face I will use Neutrogena eye makeup remover if there are still and eye makeup left.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by nettersbetter

This is one of my favorite mascaras. It gives me great length and volume with no clumping, but most importantly, it holds my curl ALL DAY! I never get any flaking or smudging. I really like the small plastic brush which is great for getting the base of your lashes and the inner/outer corners. This is EXTREMELY waterproof, so it is difficult to remove, but that is the same very reason it holds a curl. What I do is saturate a cotton pad with a dual-phase remover and gently press against my eye for 10 seconds. This will soften the mascara considerably. Then I lightly swipe my lashes up and down with the pad with light pressure (in the same motion of applying mascara, if that makes any sense). My mascara comes off with no scrubbing or tugging and I have never lost any lashes by doing it this way. The bottom line is you HAVE to use a dual-phase or oil-based eye MU remover, or else you will find it nearly impossible to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by idrish

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is simply a perfect mascara. Beautifully lengthens and curls your lashes without clumps. No smudge. Just two coats of this mascara held up my short, straight Asian eye lashes for 10 hours! With good eye makeup remover (I found oil-based ones are much more effective) not so hard to remove.

For those in Asia, I recommend Missha's eye makeup remover as a dirt-cheap substitute to Kiss Me eye makeup remover.