August 23, 2014 | 1397 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by WretchedRevenge

I used to buy this stuff religiously because i'm makeup-challenged and I thought it worked for me. However, I have since discovered better stuff like Loreal True Match. I stopped buying this and haven't gone back. The container says no preservatives, fragrance, oils or Talc. So i'm guessing it's a heathier alternative but coverage wise it didn't work well for me when I was tan and when I was very pale.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I am very pale and I got this in shade 2 light. It is slightly orange tinted. It looks very unnatural because no matter how much you blend it, the orange tint never goes away.It also looks very powdery and cakey.
It claims to:
1. provide flawless coverage
2. make your skin clearer, smoother and more radiant, even when you're not wearing it
It did not do either of these things. My skin actually looked dull and overly matte. There was no improvement in my skin after taking it off. The packaging is also terrible. I wish it was similar to bare minerals, so that I could prevent the product from spilling out like it did. Waste of money. Will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got nude light 4 shade the other day and tested out last night. The powder itself is pretty good I would say and compared with high end loose powder products, it works just the same. However, the color shows on your face may not necessarily look the same in the container. So, be careful when you select your color. As far as quality is concerned, I think it's satisfying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by shelz430

As below, i also have a love hate relationship with this product after using it for 3 years.

My skin type is oily, acne prone, normally skin gets shiny after an hour of application.

I found this foundation to hold great coverage and didnt break my skin out further than my skin already is, i used sandy beige and pure beige. It was a good deal for the $25AUD price you would pay for

I actually found there was more cons to using this product as it looked like i was wearing make up, it didnt blend into my skin and the texture looked cakey i felt after a few hours. The foundation was quite messy which was a pain when there would be heaps of powder remaining ontop of the case. The brush was awful and after a few uses, became stiff held more powder on it than it left on my face. Dry skin is pretty bad too as it becomes obvious.

I always found that i had to use a finishing veil ontop of the powder because it just doesnt hold shine.

Overall i would repurchase, however I have heard in australia colours are becoming limited due to discontinuing product in near future.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by asianwifey

Came on patchy and did not last long. Shades are difficult to find either too dark or way too much light. Wish the powder brush came better it was way too stiff for my sensitive face. Itchy and yet didn't cover beautifully.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by destinystylinson

I cannot describe my hatred towards this foundation!!! This product made my skin:
- Extremely dry
- Peel
- RED!!
- Tight
- Breakout! :(
- Irritated

A few days ago, I decided to give this foundation a try, so I applied it to my face in the morning before going to uni. BAD DECISION! For the entire day, all I could think about was this foundation creating aggressive acne on my face!! My face was as red as a tomato (most likely due to the aggravation) and it felt dirty! All I wanted to do all day was to come home and wash it off!! I haven't worn it since, and I have no intentions to. I am now using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Liquid Makeup which is great!! For acne sufferers, I recommend trying the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup....but please, stay clear from the Maybelline mineral foundation!

So to sum it all up:
TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WITH ACNE PRONE, COMBINATION / DRY SKIN, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!! HOWEVER, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN AND YOUR FACE IS RATHER OILY, I DO RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! :)

Hope this helped!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this product, but I always find myself coming back to it. I'll make a list from my experiences and let you guys decide:

PROS
- great coverage
- doesn't look cakey
- it's a mineral foundation so it doesn't break me out or clog pores
- easy to apply
- cheap compared to other mineral foundations
- doesn't make my skin even more oily than it already is (which is what some foundations can do to me)
- has good staying power
- good foundation to wear on a day to day basis

CONS
- all the colors are way too pink for my NC skin, especially when I'm tan
- although it doesnt make me oilier it doesn't control oil either
- it can be messy (however this wasn't a problem for me as I prefer loose powders)
- if you have dry patches it can get caught in the flakes and really accentuate them (haha sounds gross but it's true)
- the brush that comes with it is the worst thing in the world so don't even bother attempting to apply it with that

Overall I've found that the pros outweigh the cons for me personally which is why I keep coming back too it (even though i have to be really careful when applying it so my face isnt pinker than my body). I would also love a foundation that controlled oil better but for the price it certainly does more than what expected

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the product I wear for a regular day. It gives good medium coverage, doesn't cake up or flake, and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing makeup. I don't get blemishes anymore but I have some spots of hyperpigmentation on my right cheek. It doesn't completely cover them but it greatly reduces them and I don't mind if a little bit shows if I'm not doing anything important. It does a pretty good job controlling oil (although blotting papers are a must if you're going to be out for many hours and have oily skin like I do) and lasts for awhile. The brush it comes with is pointless and stiff though, I use a softer powder brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To the bone I am a liquid-foundation girl, however, because of my (then) new job I really enjoyed the idea of a buff and go routine that looked natural. This stuff does look natural, but for me, a tad bit dry-looking and because of this, I wouldn't repurchase. It has a decent amount of coverage and an okay staying power, but for me doesn't cut the mustard. I would however recommend trying it if you are a fan of loose powder or lighter foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried tonnes of mineral powder foundations ranging from high end to dirt cheap. Maybelline is one of the cheaper ones that I have tried and yet it is one of the best! I wear this regularly over La Roche Posay Anthelios 60+ sunscreen. If you check my reviews, you will find some of my reviews of powder foundations and I always use the same base underneath and the same skincare routine. For this reason, I think I can give a fairly accurate review of how the foundation works. I purchased this in Light (02) Ivory as this is the lightest colour available in Australia. I applied it using the Nude by Nature kabuki brush as the brush supplied by Maybelline was next to useless! Even though there is no discernible glitter or sparkle in this foundation, it does leave your skin looking dewy and glowy, but not in that nasty shiny way. It just looks healthier. The colour and effect stayed true on me all day. The makeup did not oxidise and it did not change colour. I don't know if I would call this ivory, but it still suited my pale skin very well. The other nice thing about this foundation is the comfort factor. I was not aware of it on my skin and some mineral powder foundations can get a bit itchy. I'm not sure if this is a true "mineral" foundation as I'm pretty sure they have added some unnatural stuff to it, but I don't really care because it's just a really good foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No