October 21, 2014 | 972 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2012 4:44:00 AM More reviews by turquoise22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This product is wonderful. I have very pale skin, so it is hard to find a powder that doesn't make me look orange nor one that washes me out. This is my perfect match, I've never had a problem with it and am defiently buying another one. Although the package looks quite small, it last for a long time. The only bad thing I can think about this powder is the brush, I don't like those size brushes although it works perfectly fine, I prefer my MAC powder brush. An amazing product, if you are pale like me, this is the product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 10:21:00 AM More reviews by ashswonderland

I've been wearing this foundation for about 2 months. So I can honestly say I love it! I was previously using neutrogena mineral foundation which was great but it was almost 15 bucks. That's a tad pricey in my opinion. So I searched for a cheaper alternative. Walgreens had a bogo half off sale so I picked up 2 for 14 not too bad. It works wonderfully it gives me the light wear I want its breathable and looks natural on. It does a great job of covering up acne marks and evening out your skin tone without making you look like your wearing a mask. Its pretty long wearing I work 10 hr days and it last pretty well throughout. I also haven't had any problems with it breaking me out which is a must in a foundation. I'll keep buying this as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2012 2:57:00 PM More reviews by smtiquia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this foundation! I look flawless on this foundation. Literally. Great product. I would recommend this product who desires an airbrushed perfect look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:52:00 PM More reviews by WretchedRevenge

I used to buy this stuff religiously because i'm makeup-challenged and I thought it worked for me. However, I have since discovered better stuff like Loreal True Match. I stopped buying this and haven't gone back. The container says no preservatives, fragrance, oils or Talc. So i'm guessing it's a heathier alternative but coverage wise it didn't work well for me when I was tan and when I was very pale.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 3:16:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

I am very pale and I got this in shade 2 light. It is slightly orange tinted. It looks very unnatural because no matter how much you blend it, the orange tint never goes away.It also looks very powdery and cakey.
It claims to:
1. provide flawless coverage
2. make your skin clearer, smoother and more radiant, even when you're not wearing it
It did not do either of these things. My skin actually looked dull and overly matte. There was no improvement in my skin after taking it off. The packaging is also terrible. I wish it was similar to bare minerals, so that I could prevent the product from spilling out like it did. Waste of money. Will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by iiss616

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got nude light 4 shade the other day and tested out last night. The powder itself is pretty good I would say and compared with high end loose powder products, it works just the same. However, the color shows on your face may not necessarily look the same in the container. So, be careful when you select your color. As far as quality is concerned, I think it's satisfying.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by shelz430

As below, i also have a love hate relationship with this product after using it for 3 years.

My skin type is oily, acne prone, normally skin gets shiny after an hour of application.

I found this foundation to hold great coverage and didnt break my skin out further than my skin already is, i used sandy beige and pure beige. It was a good deal for the $25AUD price you would pay for

I actually found there was more cons to using this product as it looked like i was wearing make up, it didnt blend into my skin and the texture looked cakey i felt after a few hours. The foundation was quite messy which was a pain when there would be heaps of powder remaining ontop of the case. The brush was awful and after a few uses, became stiff held more powder on it than it left on my face. Dry skin is pretty bad too as it becomes obvious.

I always found that i had to use a finishing veil ontop of the powder because it just doesnt hold shine.

Overall i would repurchase, however I have heard in australia colours are becoming limited due to discontinuing product in near future.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by asianwifey

Came on patchy and did not last long. Shades are difficult to find either too dark or way too much light. Wish the powder brush came better it was way too stiff for my sensitive face. Itchy and yet didn't cover beautifully.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by destinystylinson

I cannot describe my hatred towards this foundation!!! This product made my skin:
- Extremely dry
- Peel
- RED!!
- Tight
- Breakout! :(
- Irritated

A few days ago, I decided to give this foundation a try, so I applied it to my face in the morning before going to uni. BAD DECISION! For the entire day, all I could think about was this foundation creating aggressive acne on my face!! My face was as red as a tomato (most likely due to the aggravation) and it felt dirty! All I wanted to do all day was to come home and wash it off!! I haven't worn it since, and I have no intentions to. I am now using Neutrogena Skin Clearing Oil-Free Liquid Makeup which is great!! For acne sufferers, I recommend trying the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup....but please, stay clear from the Maybelline mineral foundation!

So to sum it all up:
TO ALL THOSE PEOPLE WITH ACNE PRONE, COMBINATION / DRY SKIN, I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT!!! HOWEVER, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ACNE PRONE SKIN AND YOUR FACE IS RATHER OILY, I DO RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! :)

Hope this helped!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by godudicas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this product, but I always find myself coming back to it. I'll make a list from my experiences and let you guys decide:

PROS
- great coverage
- doesn't look cakey
- it's a mineral foundation so it doesn't break me out or clog pores
- easy to apply
- cheap compared to other mineral foundations
- doesn't make my skin even more oily than it already is (which is what some foundations can do to me)
- has good staying power
- good foundation to wear on a day to day basis

CONS
- all the colors are way too pink for my NC skin, especially when I'm tan
- although it doesnt make me oilier it doesn't control oil either
- it can be messy (however this wasn't a problem for me as I prefer loose powders)
- if you have dry patches it can get caught in the flakes and really accentuate them (haha sounds gross but it's true)
- the brush that comes with it is the worst thing in the world so don't even bother attempting to apply it with that

Overall I've found that the pros outweigh the cons for me personally which is why I keep coming back too it (even though i have to be really careful when applying it so my face isnt pinker than my body). I would also love a foundation that controlled oil better but for the price it certainly does more than what expected