Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation

3.7

Talc , Zea Mays (Corn) Starch , Zinc Stearate , Dimethicone , Boron Nitride , Zeolite , Methylparaben , Sorbic Acid , Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer , Propylparaben , Tetrasodium EDTA , Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate , BHT , Iron Oxides , Mica

Most feather light, natural beautifyer I have ever used! I can now get a perfectly flawless, stellar look in just a few majic swipes of a brush! Would reccomend to anyone, oily, normal, dry skin, this foundation is awesome, and goes on lightly and is very soft and over all a very good foundation!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is my HG foundation. It looks natural, and covers just about anything I can throw at it. One point of note, though - I've tried applying this many different ways, and the only way I'm happy with it is if I use the mineral powder (flat-topped) brush that comes with it... otherwise, it just either looks cake-y or doesn't get the same coverage. But if I apply this with the MK mineral foundation brush (and then use either a foundation brush or a small brush to put extra coverage on extra spots I need it), this stuff is amazing. I have really difficult skin; rosacea, sensitivity, adult acne, flaking, wrinkles and discoloration... yup, I have it all. But when I wear this, I get all kinds of compliments about how good my skin's looking (even from my hairdresser, who sees it up close!). This stuff is amazing. Absolutely amazing. And the Ivory 02 is a perfect match for my skin in the winter. I'm glad they've come out with a Beige 0.5, though, because even in the summer when I was tanned (and Ivory 02 was too light), the Beige 01 was too dark.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is my HG Mineral Foundation!! Provides excellent, natural looking coverage. The finish is matte. I use this in Ivory 2 for my fair skin. Highly Recommended!!

Again, I made the error of buying mineral foundation. Having tried Arbonne's, Avon's, BE and few others, I decided to try this. Bad move. My skin immediately began to itch and I broke out with cystic acne. I was a little disturbed with the rep as when I told her I had to return it, she replied she had not heard of this happening! Anyway, aside from breaking me out horribly, it has a very chalky look. My skin felt taught when I use it even with moisturizer. I would not recommend. I am 50+, combo/sensitive skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

the product is very cute! comes in a regular foundation shifter but the lid is like a mirror! i'd buy this product just to put another mineral foundation in the container! the price was about 18 but it was not all that worth it! it doesnt cover redness that well but leaves my skin smooth feeling! i mixed half of this with half the maybelline mineral power foundationand it covers good, leaves your skin soft, not cakey, and it even gave me a better shade to match my skin lol if you have lots of redness, i dont recommend this, but if your just looking to cover up lil belimishes, this product is good

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this product. I have a light olive skin tone, and finding makeup that matches always seems hard (either it is too red or too light). So finding a shade that matched and blended perfectly was the first plus. The second plus was that it is buildable coverage, if I'm having a good skin day, one thin layer is enough. If not, I can apply more as needed. It always looks natural, never chalky. The third plus is it a very soft powder, my face feels smooth and soft. Yes, it is slightly expensive, but it is better than any drugstore mineral powder I have tried, and much less expensive than bare minerals or other such brands. Also, some have mentioned it being chalky. I'm sure if your skin is not properly prepped (washed and moisturized), then it could get chalky. You must, must, must moisturize skin when using a powder foundation, even if it is oily. Give this product a try. There is a no-risk purchase option, so if you try it and hate it, you can get a full refund. Plus, since you hardly use very much (in comparison to drugstore brands) to get coverage, the per use cost may come to be about the same!

This is just so so. Like most MK stuff, it is overpriced. The texture of the powder is ok, the staying power is ok, but it has no pizazz. The color is boring, flat looking, a tad chalky. I find the only way to liven it up a little is to either apply it over top of something like a BE Clear Radiance, or any other fine milled shimmer powder, or apply a very light dusting of same shimmer over top of the foundation. Another thing I am going to try is mixing it with a little Clear Radiance before applying....but all this stuff is too much work, when I can buy mineral foundation ready made with more of a glow than this gives. I only just started using it, and it isn't so bad that I will give it away or negate it to the "bad" makeup drawer...so if anything changes, I will be sure to edit.

Edited to add that nothing has changed...I still don't like this, it still looks chalky, and I just wanted to say, after reading the review above this one, that I have been wearing mineral makeup for years, have tried every price range, and that I DO know how to prep my skin (wash and moisturize) before applying. I would suggest that anyone who wants to try this sample it first. Most sellers of MK should either have or be able to get you a sample.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I lurrrrv this product!!!
I apply just three layers without foundation in the morning and it goes all d way till around lunchtime!

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

There is something in this that makes my skin very unhappy. I wore it for three days in a row, then it took another month or so for my skin to recover. I broke out in horrible, itchy, weepy rashes all over my face.

Also, I would wash my face after wearing it all day and I swear my face fell awful, like I couldn't get the makeup out of my pores. It was also very dusty when I applied.

This product scared me off of minerals.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I prefer a natural look and I despise heavy make up. This product is light and it looks natural. I found that it is very sheer. On days when I need more coverage, I just use a spray bottle and squirt my brush a couple times, then apply the powder, for more coverage. You do need to find a Mary Kay consultant--this can be a pro or con. The price is more than drug store brands, but it is less than the other mineral brands. I switched from CG mineral powder to Mary Kay because I didn't like how CG powder made my skin sparkle.