Clinique Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

3.3

ingredients: water/aqua/eau, squalane, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenyl trimethicone, ammonium acryloyldimethyltaurate/vp copolymer, avena sativa (oat) kernel extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) extract/extrait d?orge, sucrose stearate, sea whip extract, cholesterol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, chamomilla recutita (matricaria), acetyl glucosamine, ppg-20 methyl glucose ether, caffeine, propylene glycol dicaprate, caprylyl glycol, stearic acid, sodium chloride, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, polyaminopropyl biguanide, yellow 5 (ci 19140), green 5 (ci 61570), blue 1 (ci 42090).

on 9/7/2009 6:25:00 PM

Yes it's gentle but it doesn't lather and takes a long time to rinse off. It does nothing for my redness that the much cheaper and easier to wash off Cetaphil does. Cetaphil also comes in a convenient pump whereas this is in a stupid tube that's hard to manage with wet hands. Definitely not worth it.

on 8/30/2009 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This stuff does not foam or lather, so I ended up using a lot of it trying to get 'clean'. I never felt like it did anything positive for my skin. It didn't break me out or make anything worse, it just didn't do anything. I wouldn't recommend this stuff for people who like foam/lathering cleansers. It just feels like you are washing your face with eyemakeup remover. Yuck.

This is super gentle and very soft feeling. I haven't put it to the test of removing a ton of makeup yet, just light makeup so far, but it is doing a good job. I have no irritation which I love.

*sigh* this product DOES work wonders on redness- but like all other cleansers it makes me break out terribly. I am just not a cleanser person. If I don't use it then my skin is clear and if I do it breaks out. I really wish that this wouldnt have given me acne or id definitely be using it all the time. I'm now using just the redness relief powder- it doesnt work as well alone as it did with the three step system, but it does work well enough.

on 6/6/2009 11:40:00 AM

First of all - I just don't go with most Clinique cleansers. This is also one of them.

This cleanser is quite thick, but not as thick as for example Clinique Comforting Cream cleanser.

It doesn't foam, but it also doesn't cleanser a thing! Also what I hated is the package. It is the worst of all the Clinique cleanser. You have to turn the lid which is ok, but when you close it, a lot of product comes still out. Bad, bad, bad!

on 5/28/2009 7:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

UPDATE Dec 2009: Have switched to just Macadamia Nut Oil as cleanser and moisturiser and my skin is NORMAL, now. It's my HG.

I had a terrible case of Redness/Dermatitis when I happened upon the Clinique counter at Boots and saw 'Redness Relief'. They didn't have a sample of this cleanser but they gave me a sample of the Daily Relief Cream, and I bought this cleanser. That was 25 days ago. The initial use of both products really was an instant relief in the feel of my skin. It looked smoother, too. This effect got better and better as the days went on. My skin became clear again, but I was annoyed about 1 week ago with the blockage of pores. I didn't know what it was that was causing the '3 whiteheads every morning' phenomenon. They were healing quick, but it was annoying, so I bought the Comforting Cream Cleanser, got samples of the Anti-Blemish oil-free moisturiser and my BF has the M-Gel Lotion (same ingredients as DDMG). I was determined to figure out which combo worked best. After every combination of cleanser/moisturiser I've determined that this cleanser doesn't make me breakout, gets my skin very clean, feels soothing and makes my skin look & feel smooth and soft. (Just for info: Anti-blemish turned my face red, Daily Relief calmed that redness but gave me a few more whiteheads, Comforting Cream Cleanser gave me lots of red bumps which I had to calm with Diaper cream, but the M-gel (DDMG) went on nice, soaked in great and left my skin soft and smooth with no breakouts). So the winners for now are: This cleanser and DDMG with Daily Relief at night once or twice a week.

This is how I use it. I never use tap water on my face because it is very drying (fluoride & other chemicals from Welsh water and from the pipes). I spray a lot of Evian water on a very soft microfibre cloth (Vitek brand at Waitrose in the housecleaning section, I cut it into 4ths) and just wipe upward slowly and slightly firmly once. One side is enough for face and neck. After immediately applying moisturiser, even with this gentle method, I still have to wait awhile for my skin to calm down. I tend to do other things before returning to the mirror and putting on makeup. The last thing I put on before leaving for work is MMU. I've found that if I do the MMU right after moisturiser, then I apply too much because my skin is pink just from the small amount of rubbing and the heat and steam of the bathroom. I do my hair, get dressed, everything but MMU.

I've gone through one tube in a month, which is a lot, but, after what I've been through with my skin, that's low on the priority list.

on 5/25/2009 2:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am on my second tube of this cleanser, so I really like it. I can't say that it reduces redness, but it certainly doesn't aggravate it for me, which is great. I have moderate rosacea and the Redness Solutions line in general has been very good for me. The cleanser rinses cleaner and removes makeup better than the Comforting Cream Cleanser, which I used to use. Really wish they would change to a flip top though!
UPDATE: am on my 4th tube of this and genuinely feel that this is helping reduce redness. I no longer "flush" and as I haven't used any other redness reducing products for a few months, it must be because of this cleanser. Hope they never discontinue!!

on 5/24/2009 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have some mild redness on my inner cheeks so I thought I'd try this cleanser. What a mistake! The cleanser left my sensitive and very dry skin feeling uncomfortably dry.

I then applied the Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream on my reddened cheek areas. It also didn't feel moisturizing enough for my very dry skin.

About an hour later I began to feel nervous and itchy all over - a mild allergic reaction.

I then washed my skin with Physicians Formula Gentle Cleanser and applied Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. My skin soon felt better.

These are not products for dry to very dry skin even though they are advertised for all types of skin.

I'll be returning both products.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Made my rosacea-sensitive skin worse, and by "worse" I mean bright, painful, angry red. Avoid.

on 3/29/2009 5:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the only cleanser that has worked for me. My first bottle I went through really quick because I was used to a foaming cleanser. You need to massage the cleanser on a dry face and then wash it off. I wear a full face of make up everyday and this cleanser takes it all off not including eye makeup. I have tried many different ones before and nothing works as well as this one. I used to have a lot of acne and my skin was always irritated. I even tried pro active and it just dried out my skin. After using it for less than a week I noticed a difference and it is keeping my skin clear. I do recommend this product for anyone who has irritated skin. I will be buying this product again.