September 21, 2014 | 948 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Redness Solutions Soothing Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 2:25:00 PM More reviews by expatagain

I am on my second tube of this cleanser, so I really like it. I can't say that it reduces redness, but it certainly doesn't aggravate it for me, which is great. I have moderate rosacea and the Redness Solutions line in general has been very good for me. The cleanser rinses cleaner and removes makeup better than the Comforting Cream Cleanser, which I used to use. Really wish they would change to a flip top though!
UPDATE: am on my 4th tube of this and genuinely feel that this is helping reduce redness. I no longer "flush" and as I haven't used any other redness reducing products for a few months, it must be because of this cleanser. Hope they never discontinue!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by georgia21

I have some mild redness on my inner cheeks so I thought I'd try this cleanser. What a mistake! The cleanser left my sensitive and very dry skin feeling uncomfortably dry.

I then applied the Redness Solutions Daily Relief Cream on my reddened cheek areas. It also didn't feel moisturizing enough for my very dry skin.

About an hour later I began to feel nervous and itchy all over - a mild allergic reaction.

I then washed my skin with Physicians Formula Gentle Cleanser and applied Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. My skin soon felt better.

These are not products for dry to very dry skin even though they are advertised for all types of skin.

I'll be returning both products.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by chocco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Contrary to many others here, I really like this cleanser. After using AHA products (MD Skincare pads) for over three years, my face has been left very dry, rough, and red. This soothing gel/cream cleanser is just what I needed to gently clean my face and hydrate. It gave noticable improvement within 2 days. Thanks, Clinique.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by GalileosDaughter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Made my rosacea-sensitive skin worse, and by "worse" I mean bright, painful, angry red. Avoid.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2009 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Tere1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!!!
This is the only cleanser that has worked for me. My first bottle I went through really quick because I was used to a foaming cleanser. You need to massage the cleanser on a dry face and then wash it off. I wear a full face of make up everyday and this cleanser takes it all off not including eye makeup. I have tried many different ones before and nothing works as well as this one. I used to have a lot of acne and my skin was always irritated. I even tried pro active and it just dried out my skin. After using it for less than a week I noticed a difference and it is keeping my skin clear. I do recommend this product for anyone who has irritated skin. I will be buying this product again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by dredd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm so glad I got these as samples. I have mild rosacea, and I've been looking for a good cleanser to clean, hydrate and help with redness. After washing my face I was still blotchy and red on my cheeks and jawline, but also on my forehead (which never happens). I applied the Redness Solution Moisturizer on my face (hoping it would help), but my face became itchy and hot. Ick, what a mess! I had to wash it off with my Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser and medicate my face with metrogel. Later in the day, I had to run an errand and I risked trying the Redness Solution Protective Base SPF15. This did NOT irritate my skin and it did a good job covering up redness :) Trying 'Good Skin Calm Creamy Cleanser' next. Wish me luck.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:41:00 AM More reviews by Ninotchka87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Didn't really take any make-up or dirt off my face, and I didn't notice any of the redness disappearing either. Feels nice tough, didn't dry out my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2009 12:23:00 AM More reviews by rebeccacribb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't really have full-blown rosacea, just the early stages with transient nose and cheek redness, but very sensitive, dry yet acne-prone with blackheads, reactive skin. My skin has gone absolutely crazy now that I'm in my mid-thirties. I purchased the Redness Solutions kit and absolutely love the sunscreen, it's the ONLY one I can use on my face besides the sunscreen in Almost Makeup, and it isn't greasy or hard to rub in. Many physical sunscreens are very difficult to rub in which really irritates my facial skin, and I can't tolerate any chemical sunscreens, even on my body. Unfortunately, this cleanser and the moisturizer did not work for me. They both caused stinging immediately upon application and I still cannot figure out what ingredient is the cause as they all look pretty safe, although it may be propylene glycol since I have seen this ingredient in many other products that caused the same reaction, or it may be the colorants.

I am not giving this a bad rating because it has helped many people I know and I do like Clinique, especially since they have such a generous return policy, but I will not repurchase the Redness Solutions except maybe the sunscreen. To me this cleanser felt like it didn't completely rinse off and left a film, but this may feel good if the product doesn't sting like it did on my skin. I found myself using witch hazel to remove the residue. I think this product would be better with a flip-top cap, and you do have to be careful to use just a tiny bit of the product at a time, which is all you need, or it will be used up very quickly. This is a bit expensive for me for a cleanser, as are all the Clinique cleansers, but I have found no drugstore cleansers that do not irritate my skin, not even Cetaphil (perhaps its the propylene glycol in that product that bothers me).

What I have found works for me is their Comforting Cream Cleanser and Comfort on Call moisturizer at night right now with my terribly dry winter skin (will be much too greasy in summer), and the 7-Day Scrub a few times a week. I also use their Mild Exfoliating Lotion with 0.5% salicylic acid (I think), the only one Clinique has with NO alcohol which is really bad for my reactive skin. And my skin tolerates the Turnaround Cream (not every day though) but not the new serum (not sure why but I think my skin doesn't like high concentrations of silicones but actually seems to respond well to products with mineral oil, go figure). With any company you have to take the time to find the products that will work for you, and they are not always the ones necessarily marketed for your specific skin problem. I am glad Clinique has enabled me to return products so I could find products I can use without irritation and without migraine-inducing fragrance! My skin is finally starting to calm down.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2008 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Winter27996

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I found that this cleanser really helped calm the redness in my face. I have severe redness over my nose, and it was spreading to my cheeks because all the cleansers I had tried in the past were too strong for my skin type.

But this cleanser was great. It removed all of my makeup, and didn't leave my skin feeling taut and sore (Please not, I have oily skin, and this product did NOT exasperate the problem)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by mimizj76

I really like this cleanser. It is very light, creamy and oil-free! It does a nice job of melting my makeup away and lightly exfoliates so no toner is needed after washing which is a first for Clinique. I am really in love with the entire Redness Solutions line. This cleanser works well and if you'd like it to be a bit more exfoliating, use a washrag and gently massage it into skin for a minute or two and your skin will glow.