Prescriptives Foundation brush

4.5

on 7/25/2004 5:03:00 PM

I thought this brush was very expensive too, but once the lady at the counter used it on me, I had to have it! It does a great job at applying foundation, and it is very soft. I've used it for 2 years now (not daily but a lot) and it has completely held up on it's end.

on 3/19/2004 2:16:00 PM

Only foundation brush I've ever tried, but this does its job well. Applies foundation well for a more flawless look. Love the design too.

on 3/13/2004 9:50:00 AM

I think this is fine---but go to V's Secret and get the Aura Science one---it's just as good (if not better) and cheaper. Sephora's seems like it might be comproble to these too---a bit longer....This brush is just too expensive when u can get the same quality elsewhere.

on 3/8/2004 10:22:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

i love this brush, it makes the greatest difference in application. it creates a really even smooth application. i use prescriptives traceless with this and its just the best. it costs 32 bucks, alot for a makeup brush but if you use a really good foundation its worth it to have a really good applicator. plus this will last you a long time to come anyway.

on 3/7/2004 1:41:00 AM

This is a great brush. It absolutely makes a difference in how foundation goes on. It also doesn't soak up as much as a sponge, is more "clean" than using fingers, and washes easily.

Update- After a year or so, I am not as happy as I once was with this brush. It has been making my foundation go on a little streaky :( Also, Px brush handles are not as durable as MAC's.

on 2/19/2004 4:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I'm so glad I bought this brush. I used to use my fingers (how sloppy!), but this is so much easier and much less mess and waste of product. I payed extra attention to the MA at the Prescriptives counter while she used this on me and I mimiced her and got the exact same results. Perfect blending and feathering. It also takes much less time for me to apply foundation. And for extra coverage, you just pat it lightly over the area - it works great! I love this brush and those who don't must not be using it properly! (Or are using the wrong foundation or have unmoisturized skin - all will cause foundation problems.)

on 1/16/2004 1:09:00 AM

I had never used a brush to apply foundation so I got this brush to apply my Px makeup. It was a bit pricy but bought it anyway. I really liked the quality of the brush. Bristles seem to hold up and keep shape well. I was pleasantly supprized at how well it works! Blending is easy and is kept even by the brush. Overall, I would say that this is a good, quality foundation brush.

on 1/1/2004 11:21:00 PM

I found that this was a good brush . Have no complaints other than the the price. I tried a foundation brush by Who's the Fairest and found this brush to be cheaper, price wise, and actuality made application of foundation easier. So I have switched to Who's the Fairest.

on 12/20/2003 2:25:00 PM

This brush is ok but it streaks & requires a lot of extra effort & of blending with a sponge. I used it w/PX foundations for a while until I decided to give MAC's 190 brush a try, which is better & is a nice brush. Then I bought TM's foundation brush #43 which is my HG & the one I most recommend!

on 12/19/2003 12:40:00 AM

Took two foundation brushes for a test drive this week - this one from Px, and the considerably cheaper version from The Body Shop. This little sucker won, hands down. Stiff bristles, nicely shaped, and the handle's exactly the right length - not too long, not too short. :) Great for blending, getting in tight spots around your nose, eyes, etc., and you will use far less foundation than with sponge application. Caveats - it should come in its own little plastic case for the price (not the cheap flimsy package they give you) and, well, I can't think of any others. It's a great brush and, if properly cared for, it will likely last for many years to come. :)

Popular Makeup Brushes