September 30, 2014 | 2017 users online

Makeup Brushes - Prescriptives - Foundation brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2004 5:03:00 PM More reviews by camilla8

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought this brush was very expensive too, but once the lady at the counter used it on me, I had to have it! It does a great job at applying foundation, and it is very soft. I've used it for 2 years now (not daily but a lot) and it has completely held up on it's end.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2004 2:16:00 PM More reviews by surfgal626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Only foundation brush I've ever tried, but this does its job well. Applies foundation well for a more flawless look. Love the design too.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2004 9:50:00 AM More reviews by bedouinjen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think this is fine---but go to V's Secret and get the Aura Science one---it's just as good (if not better) and cheaper. Sephora's seems like it might be comproble to these too---a bit longer....This brush is just too expensive when u can get the same quality elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 10:22:00 PM More reviews by drmngangel

i love this brush, it makes the greatest difference in application. it creates a really even smooth application. i use prescriptives traceless with this and its just the best. it costs 32 bucks, alot for a makeup brush but if you use a really good foundation its worth it to have a really good applicator. plus this will last you a long time to come anyway.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2004 1:41:00 AM More reviews by FlipFlop47

This is a great brush. It absolutely makes a difference in how foundation goes on. It also doesn't soak up as much as a sponge, is more "clean" than using fingers, and washes easily.

Update- After a year or so, I am not as happy as I once was with this brush. It has been making my foundation go on a little streaky :( Also, Px brush handles are not as durable as MAC's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 3:25:00 PM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a *really* nice foundation brush. I really think a brush is the best thing for a smooth finish when applying liquid foundation, take it from a complete makeup klutz. This brush is *smooth*. I'm glad I got it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2004 4:10:00 PM More reviews by KimV

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so glad I bought this brush. I used to use my fingers (how sloppy!), but this is so much easier and much less mess and waste of product. I payed extra attention to the MA at the Prescriptives counter while she used this on me and I mimiced her and got the exact same results. Perfect blending and feathering. It also takes much less time for me to apply foundation. And for extra coverage, you just pat it lightly over the area - it works great! I love this brush and those who don't must not be using it properly! (Or are using the wrong foundation or have unmoisturized skin - all will cause foundation problems.)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2004 1:09:00 AM More reviews by aries2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had never used a brush to apply foundation so I got this brush to apply my Px makeup. It was a bit pricy but bought it anyway. I really liked the quality of the brush. Bristles seem to hold up and keep shape well. I was pleasantly supprized at how well it works! Blending is easy and is kept even by the brush. Overall, I would say that this is a good, quality foundation brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2004 11:21:00 PM More reviews by orchid7177

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found that this was a good brush . Have no complaints other than the the price. I tried a foundation brush by Who's the Fairest and found this brush to be cheaper, price wise, and actuality made application of foundation easier. So I have switched to Who's the Fairest.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2003 2:25:00 PM More reviews by cynderella724

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This brush is ok but it streaks & requires a lot of extra effort & of blending with a sponge. I used it w/PX foundations for a while until I decided to give MAC's 190 brush a try, which is better & is a nice brush. Then I bought TM's foundation brush #43 which is my HG & the one I most recommend!