April 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by cmbailey07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been on the search for a good concealer for years, and this is my last stop, I think.

I love this concealer palette. It covers up everything I need it to cover up, the green is PERFECT for muting any red marks or blemishes.

I saw complaints that it's too cakey or dry, and it's true. It is dryer than what I think most of us are used to, but this is exactly why I think it works so well -- it sticks. I was surprised at the dryness when I received it in the mail, but decided to play around with it a little and I'm so very glad I did.

My main issue w/concealers in the past was that they were runny. They were nothing more than a slightly thicker form of foundation, and I had to layer and layer and blend and blend in an attempt to cover my dark circles, to no avail.

With this, I load up my brush w/more than I think I need, carefully apply in the areas I want to cover up, and then gently blend away with my fingers and voila: perfect, no undereye circles, no broken capillaries around my nose, any stray blemishes are gone.

The lilac highlighter and the tan for contouring are just icing on the cake for me.

I can't say enough good things about this palette. It takes a little bit of work to figure out how to use it right (again, because I think we're all used to a more creamy/liquid form of concealer), but once you do it the results are amazing.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2009 5:30:00 PM More reviews by yiqi8910

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i saw many positive comments on this product, so i bought it. there are 5 colors, but i am only using 2 colors, the lavender and green concealer. these two colors works great on my acne scars and red spots. i found this product is very dry! i used the ivory concealer under my eyes on my black circles, but it was very dry and looked chalky! i applied some eye cream and tried again, still didn't turn out to be very good... other two colors are way too dark for my skin tone. i guess these two dark colors are good for contouring, but i think they are way to dry to blend!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by kittykat18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this stuff....but you must mositurize well and use a concealer brush to apply or it can look to cakey. The lilac adds a nice radiant glow to the face if used in a triangle from the tear duct to the end of the nostril and then outward....with foundation on top it blends great, w/o foundation it does look chalky. The concealer colour is too light for me but again i make it work-lol. Im a NC37 btw...i mix the lighter concealer colour with the darker one and it works great. All in all a great product that is worth the money-you just have to play around with it first:)

Edit: I have been using this now for a month, and not as pleased as I was in the beginnning. It's okay, not sure if I would repurchase it again. It can look cakey if you don't moisturise beforehand.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by tummee

Lise Watier: Portfolio is absolutely the best and only concealer you will ever need.

This is an all-time favorite of mine out of the tons of cosmetics I've tried and used for the past almost decade. Just by mixing and blending, you get amazing coverage and enhancement. It's a little dry, so it's best to mix in some lotion.

You never need a lot of concealer, you just need to know how to work the brush and/or the wedge (I use both). There are three shades of beige for any skin complexion: green to counteract redness; and lilac to a healthy glow!

The only thing I don't like about this is that it's a twist top, but other than that, this is my A-list must-have. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 11:48:00 PM More reviews by jaimeyusu

about 35$CAD, sold at Shoppers Drugmart.
There's a humongous amount of products,
5grams each of the color, so alltogether 25grams i guess.

PROS: there's all the corrective colors you need, peach for undereye, ivory for just plain concealing, green for redness, lavender for yellow/sallowness, dark brown for shading/contour.
You can mix the colors to get the perfect match.
It's really convienient if you need to concealer alot of different spots on your face. I don't think the price is too much, considering so much stuff is there. ★The colors are SUPER at doing what they need to do. They look almost to pale to conceal anything, but it works. it's really pigmented, too.

CON: The formula is too dry. I really need to mix it with some moisturizer or something to make it work, or else it is too powdery/cakey. I think this concealer wheel would only work for a very small range of skintones, mostly caucasian/lighter asian complexion.

I mostly use the peach color mixed with Smashbox concealer(it's really watery) and its the best undereye concealer EVER. seriously.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by madeincanada

I really enjoy this product. The consistency of the correctors are very smooth and creamy, and blends wonderfully into your skin. The colors in the portfolio are ivory, yellow beige, mint, lilac, and brown. How it works is the Ivory and yellow beige are to hide blue veins, under eye circles and blemishes. The mint is counteract any red areas on your skin. Lilac is for highlighting areas around your face, you could use it browbone, cheekbone or even an all over shadow base. And the final brown color is to sculpt and sharpen areas around your face. The portfolio costs around $32.00CAD, which isn't too bad in my opinion considering you're getting 5 differnt products in one, and it will last you years.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Zoe2733

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I REALLY love this product. A lot of people say that this is cakey but that wasn't true for me. I warmed it up between my fingers before applying it and it went on very smoothly. The only downside is that I don't use the dark concealer at all and I don't use the lavender that much. So, I am only using three out of five colours, even though I paid a lot for all of them. Oh well! Overall, I love it too much to worry about price. It's the only thing I've found that covers my dark circles. I will definitely buy this again!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/26/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by yoonessim

So I bought this and was going to use it for prom. But, it... sucks. It's so cakey and makes me look old. Or that's what my sister said. Good thing I tried it on at home and washed it before I went out. Well, I think it's a nice concept (:

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2009 11:13:00 PM More reviews by jt58612

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this after seeing Michelle Phan use it in her videos. I'm sooo disappointed. It's dry and cakes and doesn't blend well and just plain sucks. I've tried warming it up under a blowdryer and it still doesn't blend. It's just really thick. I think a concealer should be smooth and creamy and easy to blend and look natural on your skin. This product does none of those things. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2009 8:10:00 PM More reviews by luvlystar4u

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this after seeing Michelle Phan used it on her videos. I have to admit it kind of suck. It would settle into my lines, and have a cakey feel to it. I don't know if it just me, but after using this for the dark circles under my eyes, my eyeliner or mascara would smear there and make me look like I have a blackeye. Though it does have its high point for not being too hard to blend, and it does have great coverage. Over all I wouldn't buy this again.