Lise Watier Portfolio

3.9

Octyldodecanol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Talc, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Cyclohexasiloxane, Candelilla Cera (Cire de Candelilla/Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Methyl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Cera Carnauba (Cire de Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Ozokerite, Cera Microcristallina (Cire microcristalline/Microcrystalline Wax), Tocopheryl Acetate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. +/- CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet).

on 11/11/2009 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

As I can say, this product is great. I have a good time playing around with the colors. It is so great that when I mix the color I can used it to do anything, to conceal blemishes, to contour my face, to cover dark circles,... everything is covered up with this concealer. It also lasts me for a long time for I don't really need a lot of concealing. Love it!

on 11/9/2009 6:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

First of all, after about half a year of usage, the glass lid actually popped off. I have to stick it back every time I use it; flimsy pakaging. However, I give the packaging a 3 because it's relatively compact (if you use all the colors) and I do enjoy the little descriptions on the bottom that tell you what each color is for.

It's really expensive. In theory it doesn't sound bad; you get five concealers for the price of a very expensive one. But the cost is way too expensive because...

...I only use one color on a daily basis, and that's the medium (yellow beige) one. It does blend into my skin *wonderfully*.

The contouring (brown) color looks like dirt on my face, the lilac looks stark white on my skin and doesn't blend in at all, and the ivory I can get away with only during winter when my skin is lighter. The green one kind of works, but even more than the slightest bit will make my red spots look whitish pink instead of my natural yellow-toned skin. It's way too heavy and far too pigmented; it would work much better if it was more sheer.

That said, I've been using this for a year and I've used less than half of the medium color. It is a LOT of product. Still, what use do I have with three colors I don't touch and one color I only use very very sparsely (ivory).

If Lise Watier made individual concealers using this formula (it's dry-creamy, if that makes sense. Point is, it really sticks to your skin and blends in flawlessly with a little effort), it would be a much more worthwhile product. Moreoever, my skin tone is different than everyone else's, so I'm sure the yellow beige color won't blend in well with everyone.

Bottom line: don't buy this concealer unless you're sure you can blend everything, or at least most, of the color into your skin. There are a lot more concealers out there that are cheaper and work better.

on 11/4/2009 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really good concealer because of all the colors. I use the 2 darkest colors plus the green when I have spots. I rarely use the light one for undereye circles because I don't have any, and the color is too light for me anyway.

I recently went to the only shop that sells Lise Watier in the Philippines and they said it's discontinued already!! Is it true?

on 11/4/2009 7:15:00 AM

well jst adding to everybody's comments on the dryness,yess it does dry and at times ive noticed its caused my under eye lines to be more obvious but the coverage this concealer gives is amazin ,so inroder to make this work i "heat" up the palette a bit with the use of a hairdryer and then apply it with ofcourse proper moisturisin in place

on 10/10/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Lately I have developed dark circles under my eyes. I have a yellow skin-tone, so my dark circles are more of a bluish hue. Lise Watier's Portfolio has a salmon color that works really well to cover this up. Check out my blog for more info.

www.makeupforreal.blogspot.com

Love,
Geneys :o)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This palette is amazing! For my really dark under-eye circles, I use the yellow beige and ivory together. It is a little dry, especially in my inner parts underneath my eyes, but I use an eye cream, Bobbi Brown corrector and a light hand near the inner parts. The eye cream and corrector are super creamy so it helps absorb some of the concealer dryness. The lilac is great for highlighting, especially on the browbone and cheekbone. I haven't used the green much because I haven't gotten any pimples lately, and I rarely use the brown because contouring is still kind of foreign to me :P I purchased this on sale at my local SDM for $22 (tax not included, reg price $29) because apparently my local store doesn't carry Lise Watier.. but they have the portfolio so they're trying to clear it out. I would most likely repurchase this if I ever run out of it, but that won't be for a while because you get a lot of product for the price you pay!

on 8/25/2009 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

It works for many people, but not me. I live in an area where the climate is cold. The concealer hardens up so application is not smooth. For me, the coverage was average and faded within a few hours (even with finishing powder on top of it). I was really disappointed!

on 8/15/2009 3:39:00 PM

I have been on the search for a good concealer for years, and this is my last stop, I think.

I love this concealer palette. It covers up everything I need it to cover up, the green is PERFECT for muting any red marks or blemishes.

I saw complaints that it's too cakey or dry, and it's true. It is dryer than what I think most of us are used to, but this is exactly why I think it works so well -- it sticks. I was surprised at the dryness when I received it in the mail, but decided to play around with it a little and I'm so very glad I did.

My main issue w/concealers in the past was that they were runny. They were nothing more than a slightly thicker form of foundation, and I had to layer and layer and blend and blend in an attempt to cover my dark circles, to no avail.

With this, I load up my brush w/more than I think I need, carefully apply in the areas I want to cover up, and then gently blend away with my fingers and voila: perfect, no undereye circles, no broken capillaries around my nose, any stray blemishes are gone.

The lilac highlighter and the tan for contouring are just icing on the cake for me.

I can't say enough good things about this palette. It takes a little bit of work to figure out how to use it right (again, because I think we're all used to a more creamy/liquid form of concealer), but once you do it the results are amazing.

on 8/8/2009 5:30:00 PM

i saw many positive comments on this product, so i bought it. there are 5 colors, but i am only using 2 colors, the lavender and green concealer. these two colors works great on my acne scars and red spots. i found this product is very dry! i used the ivory concealer under my eyes on my black circles, but it was very dry and looked chalky! i applied some eye cream and tried again, still didn't turn out to be very good... other two colors are way too dark for my skin tone. i guess these two dark colors are good for contouring, but i think they are way to dry to blend!

on 8/2/2009 5:06:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Cool

I really like this stuff....but you must mositurize well and use a concealer brush to apply or it can look to cakey. The lilac adds a nice radiant glow to the face if used in a triangle from the tear duct to the end of the nostril and then outward....with foundation on top it blends great, w/o foundation it does look chalky. The concealer colour is too light for me but again i make it work-lol. Im a NC37 btw...i mix the lighter concealer colour with the darker one and it works great. All in all a great product that is worth the money-you just have to play around with it first:)

Edit: I have been using this now for a month, and not as pleased as I was in the beginnning. It's okay, not sure if I would repurchase it again. It can look cakey if you don't moisturise beforehand.

Popular Primer/ Correctors