February 1, 2015 | 2078 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Satsuma Shower Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2008 9:41:00 AM More reviews by arieeel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why have I never reviewed this before? I love this product. At the risk of sounding cheesy, it's happiness in a bottle. One whiff of this and it makes your day. I love using this in the morning when I'm feeling tired, or in the evening when I've had a long hard day and just want to run a hot shower. It perks me up. In fact, I love the whole Satsuma line- got introduced to it when I was walking past TBS and the most enticing scent wafted by. I retraced my steps and entered the shop, which smelled heavenly. Turns out they were using the Satsuma essential oil. Since then I have been in love, and it is bliss. Okay, smell aside, this is your average shower foam. Yep, it's expensive. It makes you feel good knowing you're using a Body Shop shower gel when everyone else is using Lux or Biore soap. This doesn't foam as much as I'd like it to, and the bottle always finishes too fast. I would love it if it came in a pump version as well, because when the product nears its end, it gets harder and harder to get the liquid gel from the bottom of the bottle by upending it. It also gets too soapy- I've suffered a couple of 'accidents' where the bottle slipped from my hand and landed on my foot. But I guess I love the scent too much for any of that to matter- and I'm sure you guys will agree.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2008 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

The is the best scent available at The Body Shop and just about anywhere else. In fact, this is the first product I ever purchased from them. Years ago, when they were only selling unfragranced lotion, this is the scent I had them add to the bottle. (Yes, it has been that long. I've been a product junkie for many moons. LOL) I continue to recommend and purchase this shower gel.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 10:27:00 PM More reviews by Zhariel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this scent and the packaging is ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2008 3:50:00 AM More reviews by Lulla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of the yummiest smelling shower gels I have come across. It reminds me of orange Fanta without the sweetness. It's a great fruity summer smell.

I find a little bit pricey for something a shower gel. Nonetheless less I will purchase it again, but only to pamper myself every now and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Jeda21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Expensive but delicious and I'm obsessed with it. I went on a moratorium for a while because they closed my local store, but alas, I had to go find another store nearby!
So here I go again. Just as an FYI they have a buy one, get one at 1/2 off if you purchase it off their website. No I'm not related to them nor get anything for saying this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 5:26:00 PM More reviews by SophH

I love this body wash-the scent is fantastic!! It lasts and lasts all day and it makes the shower smell great for ages too. The body wash itself lathers up and moisturises well and is invigorating.

It's too expensive to use all the time though-it costs NZ$28 which is crazy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by KittyBaditty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff makes my mouth water! It's the yummiest, fruitiest, happy-smelling shower gel I've got in circulation at the moment, and I'll keep repurchasing it. I also love the fact that all my babies can enjoy it, too, and my SO doesn't mind if the house smells girly if this is what I'm using. It's a win/win situation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by busymama31

I use different shower gels from time to time, but find that I keep going back to repurchase this one. It's pretty mild as far as the cleansing effect, but I love the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by mikkeld

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all,
2 words.
LOVE IT!
It smells absolutely amazing and I would definetly reccomend this to everyone. I actually got alot of people, of all ages to love it too.
The one downside, is that it's not exactly cheap, but it's really not that bad, seeing as it is Body Shop! :]

It cost about $12 here in Canada.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyfan1974

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the happy scent of Satsuma! Satsuma's are the brit word for tangerines. The scent is a happy citrus scent. I have used this product off and on for years and still love this scent. I did prefer the old formula of body was that was more creamy compared the the new one they have in stores now. Still a keeper!